Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones is going to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    I wonder how many people pulling for Roy will give Calzaghe any credit when he wins and wins in a totally dominating fashion.
    I'm a big Jones fan but I don't give him much of a shot. Joe is coming over here which means he KNOWS he needs to win convincingly... Furthermore, I can't see this version of Roy Jones hurting Joe.

Roy 7 years ago would have been a beast agains Joe.

All you Calzaghe whiners always bitch about him not getting respect. He has it. Most people are picking Joe... I, as a big Jones fan am also picking joe...

As I've said before the only group that outdoes the Calzaghe haters are the Calzaghe preachers...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you look at who Roy fought recently how the hell can he say he was setting it up for Calzaghe. I watched the Tito fight this morning on demand and I kept saying to myself Tito is not even close to what he once was. Throw Prince Bada and Hanshaw in the mix who at times gave Jones trouble you must say who the hell on the top level has he beaten since Ruiz if you consider that top level. Jones is still quick but it will take alot more than quickness in there Saturday and more then lead right hands.Call me crazy I think Joe with his high output could even stop Roy late in the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope so C'MON ROY!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no he won't. I was supremely confident in that even before Teddy Atlas picked him to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teddy Atlas and Bernard Hopkins are picking Roy to win... interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    If you look at who Roy fought recently how the hell can he say he was setting it up for Calzaghe. I watched the Tito fight this morning on demand and I kept saying to myself Tito is not even close to what he once was. Throw Prince Bada and Hanshaw in the mix who at times gave Jones trouble you must say who the hell on the top level has he beaten since Ruiz if you consider that top level. Jones is still quick but it will take alot more than quickness in there Saturday and more then lead right hands.Call me crazy I think Joe with his high output could even stop Roy late in the fight.
    Tito looked way better then he did against Winky Wright or Ricardo Mayorga. He didn't get down on himself. I know Joe is likely going to win, but don't take away from the Jones-Trinidad fight, Trinidad looked better than he had in years. Who did Roy beat? Antonio Tarver the first time they fought, by wide decision IMO.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If by interesting you mean the kiss of death for Roy then yes.

Teddy hasn't picked a fight right since ever.

Teddy picked Zab over Floyd.

Teddy picked Tony Thompson over Wlad.

If ever anyone needs a refutation of an argument that only people who have boxed really know the sport then there are only two words necessary: Teddy fucking Atlas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    I wonder how many people pulling for Roy will give Calzaghe any credit when he wins and wins in a totally dominating fashion.
    I'm a big Jones fan but I don't give him much of a shot. Joe is coming over here which means he KNOWS he needs to win convincingly... Furthermore, I can't see this version of Roy Jones hurting Joe.

All you Calzaghe whiners always bitch about him not getting respect. He has it. Most people are picking Joe... I, as a big Jones fan am also picking joe...

As I've said before the only group that outdoes the Calzaghe haters are the Calzaghe preachers...

Seen as Pavlik has been exposed for what he is i think this fight has become appealing. Jones showed enough against Tito that suggested he still has his speed and power and would even at this stage obliterate a Pavlik and be competitive with the best at 175.

Who else was Calzaghe going to fight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know who's gonna win but roy jones has a decent shot.....if not it's silly that joe is even fighting him in the first place, as much as roy is being degraded i don't see how calzaghe fans can expect much of a change in opinion of him for beating up some old man who didn't have a chance in the first place.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since i picked pavlik over hopkins, i'll pick jones over calzaghe to even it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i am gonna base it on history, RJJ been knocked out twicw & calzaghe aint been knocked out. regardless of who they fought joe never tasted defeat either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Ive said it, this is how i feel. I have a feeling hes going to pull it out and shock everyone. I can feel it. So anyone and everyone who wants to brag if im wrong, use this thread against me...i dont care. Roy Jones fan from the beginning and to the end bitches! Yall must of forgot but dont worry Roy hasnt and hes going to use everything hes got and beat calzaghe down! Bhop knocked calzaghe down with a straight right, roy gonna do that all night. The anticipation is killing me, i just wanna see this fight!
    Can't see it.

Maybe if Calzaghe freezes?

Or perhaps he's already hanging his gloves up?

REally can't see it but you never know.

Share your excitement though.

Can't wait. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Ive said it, this is how i feel. I have a feeling hes going to pull it out and shock everyone. I can feel it. So anyone and everyone who wants to brag if im wrong, use this thread against me...i dont care. Roy Jones fan from the beginning and to the end bitches! Yall must of forgot but dont worry Roy hasnt and hes going to use everything hes got and beat calzaghe down! Bhop knocked calzaghe down with a straight right, roy gonna do that all night. The anticipation is killing me, i just wanna see this fight!
    I'm with you bro. Hope you're right. You know Jones can do it...it's just whether he has enough left. Let's go Roy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont think i ever seen so many different threads for a fight before on this site, funny cos when fight was first announced everyone was dissin it, now looks like eberyone is on board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

Seen as Pavlik has been exposed for what he is i think this fight has become appealing. Jones showed enough against Tito that suggested he still has his speed and power and would even at this stage obliterate a Pavlik and be competitive with the best at 175.

Who else was Calzaghe going to fight?

Chad Dawson, Glen Johnson, rematch with Bernard Hopkins? All three are very tough fights for him. I think Glen Johnson would really surprise him.

Thread Information