Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones is going to win!

ESPN - Dan Rafael Blog

This is what Bernard said, it didn't seem like he was just a bitter old man, he seemed to have valid reasons why Roy is going to win, but I disagree with him taking more chances personally. I also disagree with him saying Roy is slower then Calzaghe, at least in handspeed, I think Calzaghe might move faster in terms of constant footspeed, but Roy is a little faster(and a lot faster when they actually punch hard) in terms of handspeed.
    Last edited by Taeth; 11-07-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOOOOOOT!!!! go ROY 2 more days LETS GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    ESPN - Dan Rafael Blog

This is what Bernard said, it didn't seem like he was just a bitter old man, he seemed to have valid reasons why Roy is going to win, but I disagree with him taking more chances personally. I also disagree with him saying Roy is slower then Calzaghe, at least in handspeed, I think Calzaghe might move faster in terms of constant footspeed, but Roy is a little faster(and a lot faster when they actually punch hard) in terms of handspeed.
    I agree with Nard 100% except for the speed,you can see when both guys hit the mitts Roy is sharper, fluid and more compact.. Not to mention Roy is great with his punch selection as well, I think Jones will invest to the body early as well as uppercut and lead right... Roy will try to stay out of range and make Joe reach, which will screw with his balance since he is awkward and unorthodox, when he is off balance Roy will counter.. when in the center of the Ring look for ROy to blast the lead right.. If Joe drives him into the ropes look for Roy to lean to the side and dig the piss out of Joe's body and fire uppercuts, meanwhile Joe will pitter patter Roy and he will pay for it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a huge fan of either guy.Roy is not what he was and in his last three fights at a big championship feel level...he has been hit,hurt, & a bit hesitant.His stamina is measured,his reflexes slowed and his willingness/ability to stand inside and deliver is a question.He is now Mortal.I just can not get away from thinking Calzaghe wins this on attrition,work rate and backs Jones,working his legs much.I know Calzaghe may flurrie like my younger niece but I think he might even stop Roy?

If not,I'll be here to be laughed at and congratulate him .....and waiting for the rematch that has taken 15 + years with Hopkins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just got finished watching the last 24/7 and Im convinced now more than ever Roy is going to win, I like Joe alot and Team Calzaghe are great down to earth people.. Roy is focused training hard and will be the one throwing punches of substance, instead of volume..

To me this is a real test for Joe and his style, Roy is the real McCoy for crisp punching and speed.. His punches will really hurt Calzaghe, Joe has never been raked by a guy like Jones, nor has he seen that kind of speed, I hope Joe tightens up that defense, because Jones is gonna hurt him bad through the leaks..

Also dont know how true this is since I saw it on espn chat, but I guess james Toney went on record to predict a Jones victory as well as Hopkins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i looked back at the hopkins jones fight and it looked closer than i thought originally. i had hopkins winning.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by awdleyfuturehalloffamer View Post
    i looked back at the hopkins jones fight and it looked closer than i thought originally. i had hopkins winning.
    I watched it again recently as well, I had Hopkins winning by a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All i want to say is yes he got KO'd by Tarver and Johnson but lets not forget this is Roy Jones guys and as i said in another thread Holyfield was KO'd by Bowe heavily then he looked horrible against Bobby Czyz everyone feared for his health vs Tyson and look what happened and what he went on to achieve after the Tyson fight. So i wouldn't write Roy Jones off C'MON Roy!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I just got finished watching the last 24/7 and Im convinced now more than ever Roy is going to win, I like Joe alot and Team Calzaghe are great down to earth people.. Roy is focused training hard and will be the one throwing punches of substance, instead of volume..

To me this is a real test for Joe and his style, Roy is the real McCoy for crisp punching and speed.. His punches will really hurt Calzaghe, Joe has never been raked by a guy like Jones, nor has he seen that kind of speed, I hope Joe tightens up that defense, because Jones is gonna hurt him bad through the leaks..

Also dont know how true this is since I saw it on espn chat, but I guess james Toney went on record to predict a Jones victory as well as Hopkins.
    Is that the same James Toney that said Calzaghe wasn't good enough to share a ring with Lacy?

(the wanker smiley is for Toney not you JT )
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-07-2008 at 08:27 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno View Post
    All i want to say is yes he got KO'd by Tarver and Johnson but lets not forget this is Roy Jones guys and as i said in another thread Holyfield was KO'd by Bowe heavily then he looked horrible against Bobby Czyz everyone feared for his health vs Tyson and look what happened and what he went on to achieve after the Tyson fight. So i wouldn't write Roy Jones off C'MON Roy!
    thats why we so excited cos we cant say 4 sure

i hope RJJ is at the best he can possibly be for this fight

its gonna be a war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post

its gonna be a war
    Bring on the 3rd part of 24/7 and the weigh in what time is the weigh in our time? its 4pm there time i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Is that the same James Toney that said Calzaghe wasn't good enough to share a ring with Lacy?

Thats alright my man, after I posted it I didnt see the relevance, only that I was shocked that 2 of this generations best technicicans and authentic throwback hardnosed fighters who hate Roy picked him to beat Calzaghe..

What did you think about the rest of the post then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post

its gonna be a war
    I think Roy will start well, but just get outworked over the stretch.

He won't be back to his best, but he isn't shot IMO. He got caught against Tarver, and you could see he wasn't physically himself against johnson. He was back a little for the Tarver rubber but it was the hesitancy that cost him most there. With joe's lack of power Roy should be more confident (in theory anyway).

I get confused in the final week of a big event everytime and lose perspective. I've been thinking that this fight wouldbe a wide UD for Joe since it was signed, but all the guys like JT Rock and Hopkins and Lewis are making me jittery.

There's something about a good fighter that can get you out of your rythm. After watching alittle of Hop/Joe again today I couldn't help but notice how Joe wasted so many opportunities to do some damage against the ropes, he was hurrying his shots
    when in reality he had a little more time to pick them at some instances in the later rounds. Similar could be said of ~Toney against Jones, people say James was weight drained, but i think the early rounds just took him out of his rythm, and when some opportunities came he couldnt take them - come to think of it it happened to Pavlik as well. Anyway I'm rambling aimlessly, I just hope Joe keeps his composure, and is patient even if the early rounds aren't going his way, just believe in his stamina down the stretch and make roy work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    If you look at who Roy fought recently how the hell can he say he was setting it up for Calzaghe. I watched the Tito fight this morning on demand and I kept saying to myself Tito is not even close to what he once was. Throw Prince Bada and Hanshaw in the mix who at times gave Jones trouble you must say who the hell on the top level has he beaten since Ruiz if you consider that top level. Jones is still quick but it will take alot more than quickness in there Saturday and more then lead right hands.Call me crazy I think Joe with his high output could even stop Roy late in the fight.
    Tito looked way better then he did against Winky Wright or Ricardo Mayorga. He didn't get down on himself. I know Joe is likely going to win, but don't take away from the Jones-Trinidad fight, Trinidad looked better than he had in years. Who did Roy beat? Antonio Tarver the first time they fought, by wide decision IMO.
    On your card. On mine I had 7 to 5 also for Jones but many did give Tarver the nod in which Jones looked horribly by lying on the ropes flailing away like a drunken sailor. Tito IMO opinion looked bad his reaction's were bad after the fourth round at least the Mayorga fight he stopped him and the Winky fight he still kept punching just couldn't get anything through.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Thats alright my man, after I posted it I didnt see the relevance, only that I was shocked that 2 of this generations best technicicans and authentic throwback hardnosed fighters who hate Roy picked him to beat Calzaghe..

What did you think about the rest of the post then?
    I think you always make a good case for the fighter you believe will win

At least if you're wrong you wont make a thousand excuses sulking and crying about it.

Like most of the guys picking Roy will. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information