Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 227 of 311 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

My youngest wanted to watch Boss Baby. It was pretty good. Fast 8 was like all the rest. Does Charlize ever age? Yea that baby scene was great. "Is that you or him? Sniff... Him".

Oh and by the way Fargo is back!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tried to sit through Independence Day: Resurgence but I didn't make it. It was like a Starship Troopers sequel minus the good acting and with 1001 more clichés.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched panic in needle park. An old Pacino film. Very good it's about junkies

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Tried to sit through Independence Day: Resurgence but I didn't make it. It was like a Starship Troopers sequel minus the good acting and with 1001 more clichés.
    Yeah too many story lines intertwining.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My kids watched Splitting Adam and Rufus 2 today. Decent family/ kids movies.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched the Tarzan film on TV and it was rushed, rubbish and too unbelievable
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The new one, with Alexander Skarsgaad?

I watched it in the cinema last year, took my two young nephews to see it.

I absolutely hated it. The latent racism oozed out of almost every scene.

All those noble, yet incompetent, black Africans who were helpless to solve any problems until a bunch of white Americans arrived to sort it all out for them.

Anybody white automatically assumed a leadership position. Even black Samuel Jackson was deemed an honorary white person (or 'better') because at least he is American

As the great great Muhammad Ali said "We look at Jesus, and we see a white with blond hair and blue eyes. We look at all the angels; we see white with blond hair and blue eyes. Now, I’m sure there’s a heaven in the sky and colored folks die and go to heaven. Where are the colored angels? They must be in the kitchen preparing milk and honey. We look at Miss America, we see white. We look at Miss World, we see white. We look at Miss Universe, we see white. Even Tarzan, the king of the jungle in black Africa, he’s white"

Fuck me, what's happening ...... I sound like a certain other poster on this website

My nephews, on the other hand, just enjoyed the film.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched Get Out yesterday - proper old school drama / horror

well worth a watch
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

All those noble, yet incompetent, black Africans who were helpless to solve any problems until a bunch of white Americans arrived to sort it all out for them.

Anybody white automatically assumed a leadership position. Even black Samuel Jackson was deemed an honorary white person (or 'better') because at least he is American

As the great great Muhammad Ali said "We look at Jesus, and we see a white with blond hair and blue eyes. We look at all the angels; we see white with blond hair and blue eyes. Now, I’m sure there’s a heaven in the sky and colored folks die and go to heaven. Where are the colored angels? They must be in the kitchen preparing milk and honey. We look at Miss America, we see white. We look at Miss World, we see white. We look at Miss Universe, we see white. Even Tarzan, the king of the jungle in black Africa, he’s white"

Fuck me, what's happening ...... I sound like a certain other poster on this website

Should Tarzan be black African? I kind of thought the lessons Tarzan taught re: Nature vs Nurture put everyone of the same level....but hey, what do I know I'm just some crazy white guy married to an Injun.

Hey what about Mowgli? Does he catch any shit for being Indian and not black/African? RK wrote The Jungle Book, he had some not so great things to say in regards to races in Heart of Darkness......at least if you read Chinua Achebe's 'Things Fall Apart' which was an answer to 'Heart of Darkness'....I really disliked 'Things Fall Apart'....it was supposed to show the Tribal African in a good light, it really didn't tick that box for me but whatever I guess I read that when I wasn't in a mind to learn from it....all I seem to remember is Okonkwo being an asshole who gets drunk, beats his woman, wrestles like a boss, has a machete, and yams are extremely important....oh and the Catholic Church is baaaaaaaad for attempting to push religion on to these people. Not much is ever said of Islam though which is odd because those folks brought religion too.

Edgar Rice Burroughs (creator of Tarzan) was a white guy living from 1875-1950...an American as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellucidar...click on the 'races' link on wikipedia for his Pellucidar stories....interesting. I bet he was a bit less PC in his day people these days take offense like it'll win them some kind of prize (of course not meaning you........although, lol, hahahaha just because you thought you sounded like denilson).

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Should Tarzan be black African? I kind of thought the lessons Tarzan taught re: Nature vs Nurture put everyone of the same level....but hey, what do I know I'm just some crazy white guy married to an Injun.

Hey what about Mowgli? Does he catch any shit for being Indian and not black/African? RK wrote The Jungle Book, he had some not so great things to say in regards to races in Heart of Darkness......at least if you read Chinua Achebe's 'Things Fall Apart' which was an answer to 'Heart of Darkness'....I really disliked 'Things Fall Apart'....it was supposed to show the Tribal African in a good light, it really didn't tick that box for me but whatever I guess I read that when I wasn't in a mind to learn from it....all I seem to remember is Okonkwo being an asshole who gets drunk, beats his woman, wrestles like a boss, has a machete, and yams are extremely important....oh and the Catholic Church is baaaaaaaad for attempting to push religion on to these people. Not much is ever said of Islam though which is odd because those folks brought religion too.

Edgar Rice Burroughs (creator of Tarzan) was a white guy living from 1875-1950...an American as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellucidar...click on the 'races' link on wikipedia for his Pellucidar stories....interesting. I bet he was a bit less PC in his day people these days take offense like it'll win them some kind of prize (of course not meaning you........although, lol, hahahaha just because you thought you sounded like denilson).
    Jungle book was in an Indian jungle.

El Kabong Guest

Thank you Captain Obvious.....I brought that up because "What, it's out of the realm of believability/possibility that a child of ______ race could be left to be raised by wolves or apes?"

Why is it an issue?

Sure I get the whole "Why are tribal folks seen as idiots?" question, I get that, but the "That character really should be ____ race" meeeeh, the author of the book didn't seem to think so.

Besides, I do not believe that the idea of a black/African Tarzan would be hailed as something great, I believe quite the opposite would be true.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you Captain Obvious.....I brought that up because "What, it's out of the realm of believability/possibility that a child of ______ race could be left to be raised by wolves or apes?"

Why is it an issue?

Sure I get the whole "Why are tribal folks seen as idiots?" question, I get that, but the "That character really should be ____ race" meeeeh, the author of the book didn't seem to think so.

Besides, I do not believe that the idea of a black/African Tarzan would be hailed as something great, I believe quite the opposite would be true.
    Feral children in India has occured and is an extension of that premise.

El Kabong Guest

Feral children in India has occured and is an extension of that premise.
    'The Jungle Book' .....based on a true story

.... @Master, I'm sure that has happened, I'm sure it's happened to people who aren't Indian, AND I'm certain that's not the point I was going for

If Tarzan or Mowgli was black/African then there would be charges of racism and the autistic screeching would be deafening

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I watched Get Out yesterday - proper old school drama / horror

well worth a watch
    I enjoyed that movie. Highlights many prejudices.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched The Train to Busan last night. Ho..ly shit! Maybe it was the late hour but that was top notch brutal. Everything World War Z was supposed to be but better.

Thread Information