Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 257 of 311 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Which is what makes it worth watching.

Agreed re Nic Cage. John Cusack seems to have gone same way - they have two new shite films out a week between them these days
    Cage was great in leaving Las Vegas seems that was his only great movie.
    Always has been hot or cold. Dudes an odd one. Loved Lord of War and Bringing out the dead. Raising Arizona ten times over.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can’t watch a movie with Samuel L Jackson. He was great in pulp fiction but now every movie he is in he has to have that line to scream. He also seems to take any script they send him. Just can’t take him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can’t watch a movie with Samuel L Jackson. He was great in pulp fiction but now every movie he is in he has to have that line to scream. He also seems to take any script they send him. Just can’t take him.
    Jackson is in big movies and Marvel and Star Wars franchise he will be immortal.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Jackson is in big movies and Marvel and Star Wars franchise he will be immortal.
    And he ruined parts of all those movies. Actually The entire Star Wars series are sucking lately. Watched the a recent one on Netflix and after an hour I was ready to turn it off but stuck it out only because it was a Star Wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i understand that, im bored of him.

El Kabong Guest

Samuel L. Jackson is good, I like the guy, I think he's fallen into a rut of being angry/sarcastic Samuel L. Jackson all the time, but that is good in small doses.

I saw a preview on Netflix for the movie 'Calibre' ...now I'm typically not all that irked by things being wrong in movies, suspension of disbelief and all...but when you've got a hunting movie and had the hunter set his sights right over a deer's head you've immediately lost me....That's a big no no, you don't get a hunting license at all in America (much less Scotland where I assume it would be even more restrictive) if you think "Hurr durr, I'mma shoot this deer in the head".....#1 That's a small target #2 Antlers can stop bullets.....sorry but that just irks me, in film directors often try to be as true to life as they can in real situations it's what makes movies and characters in those movies relateable but it's like those folks have never hunted, don't care about getting that part correct, or just want to show hunters off as the most inept worthless people on earth...it's bothersome. It's like oh you can't show a militant Islamist terrorist but you CAN show an inept hunter all the time ......looks like it would be an alright movie if not for it ruining my suspension of disbelief in the fucking trailer. Also chit chatting while you're stalking deer....may as well be banging pots and pans together while you're at it.

There are upcoming bio-pics of Gauguin and Rodin which might be interesting. Venom with Tom Hardy should be good. There's 'The Meg' which is about there being a megalodon shark alive today , there's a new Halloween coming out, and there's also Bohemian Rhapsody which was directed by noted pervert Brian Singer which is a shame, otherwise I'd be well excited to see that movie.

Ah there's a remake of Susperia on the cards too....hmmm....don't know how I feel about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Walk like a Panther

British 80s wrestling movie

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Last Witness (2018 ) 9/10

This is a nicely directed, historically accurate movie. The cast is overall very good, especially Robert Wieckiewicz.

The Last Witness will be appreciated by the more intelligent, thoughtful movie watchers and people who are interested in history, but probably not by those who look for excessive violence and explicit sexual scenes.

By times The Last Witness reminded me of some of Alfred Hitchcock's suspenseful films. But I was more deeply moved by this one than any of Hitchcock's fictional movies, because I knew these events really happened.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny Games, the original German one. Damn what a good movie. It really makes you feel uncomfortable watching it. The US remake, by the same director, is also good but damn the original has feeling. Any movie
    That can make you feel uncomfortable merely watching the interactions of the characters even at points no violence is taking place is a really good piece of work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny Games, the original German one. Damn what a good movie. It really makes you feel uncomfortable watching it. The US remake, by the same director, is also good but damn the original has feeling. Any movie
    That can make you feel uncomfortable merely watching the interactions of the characters even at points no violence is taking place is a really good piece of work
    Never heard of it? sounds like worth a watch tho. just checked out on IMDB

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6644200/

Damn maybe this one has been talked about but it’s well worth the watch

A quiet place....rather unusual alien invasion movie

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Happy Death Day which is like a chick flick Ground Hog day where a college student must relive the day of her murder over and over again, in a loop that will end only when she discovers her killer's identity. Entertaining and funny.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tomb Raider (2018 ) 6/10

Not terrible, but while watching it I soon realized it was made for a very young audience. I like Vikander and West, but the the story was too simple and predictable. The characters were completely one-dimensional.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6644200/

Damn maybe this one has been talked about but it’s well worth the watch

A quiet place....rather unusual alien invasion movie
    Usually the critics don't praise horror movies. But they liked this one, I think partly because of it's originality. I imagine they get bored with having to watch the same old plots over and over again in different movies.

I thought it was very well-made: smartly directed with very good acting. Emily Blunt was superb in her role. But because it's frustrating to watch by times I won't see it a second time. Horror isn't one of my favorite genres.

A Quiet Place (2018 ) 8/10

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bitter Harvest (2017) 9.5/10

Great movie about the holodomor in 1932-33 during which 7-10 million people in the USSR were deliberately starved to death by the Bolsheviks. It's the first movie I've ever seen about this mass murder. Some Marxist critics didn't like the film very much, and gave it scathingly harsh reviews.

Here's a more honest and unbiased review: http://behindthelensonline.net/site/...itter-harvest/

Thread Information