Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 243 of 311 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Invite to go catch Black Panther after work but not a character I'm familiar with really. Promos seem as much artsy movie as they do the Marvel universe. Think I've been relying on Netflix for movies to much and missing some real top current releases.

El Kabong Guest

Next Netflix movie up for me is probably going to be this....

Have to hand it to Netflix they do some crazy shit when it comes to documentaries and these documentaries like 'Holy Hell' and 'Going Clear' and 'The Source Family' and any number of things I've watched on Jonestown or Waco and David Koresh, I find them very interesting. It's always intriguing when people start peeling away from cults and some people stay til the bitter end.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 03-17-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Next Netflix movie up for me is probably going to be this....

Have to hand it to Netflix they do some crazy shit when it comes to documentaries and these documentaries like 'Holy Hell' and 'Going Clear' and 'The Source Family' and any number of things I've watched on Jonestown or Waco and David Koresh, I find them very interesting. It's always intriguing when people start peeling away from cults and some people stay til the bitter end.
    What's that about then, I'm in the Boozer at the minute so I can't watch the trailer.

Netflix docs are brilliant, I did get a bit bored of the one about the priests fucking the kids though

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    What's that about then, I'm in the Boozer at the minute so I can't watch the trailer.

Netflix docs are brilliant, I did get a bit bored of the one about the priests fucking the kids though

Rajneeshpuram, Oregon - an intentional community in Wasco County, Oregon, briefly incorporated as a city in the 1980s, which was populated with followers of the spiritual teacher Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, later known as Osho.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajneeshpuram

Anywho this Indian mystic guru got a large following to his style of teaching. The followers ended up taking over/buying a large bit of land and creating the Rajneeshpuram community. The neighbors didn't like these moonbats and so they wanted them and their cult stopped. Well the cult up and decided to attempt to poison the townspeople and they armed themselves to the teeth and prepared for battle. And I guess I'll leave the rest for the documentary.

'The Source Family' was kind of similar in the build up although the never threatened to kill anyone as their leader Father Yod ended up dying from a hang gliding accident so they kind of all drifted apart.

'Holy Hell' was more of the mystic guru being a sex crazed ponzi scheme operator but that was still fascinating to watch because 'Michel' the leader of the Buddhafield cult was SUCH a goldbricking phony. He looked KIND of Indian and spoke KIND of with an Indian accent but as time went on and he kept getting plastic surgeries he looked more Filipino and then spoke kind of with that accent and by the end of the movie he's speaking in more of a Hispanic accent...it's unbelievable that people still follow that dude but hey whatever floats your boat.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you watch Waco @El Kabong it was alright, really enjoyed the acting.

I watched The Last Jedi awhile back, I must say I thought it was mud.

Justice League, The Flash was brilliant. Not a bad watch I guess.

Re-watched A scanner Darkly, still enjoy it.

Also been on a western binge, watch the 3 Eastwood movies, The good the bad & the ugly, Fistful and a Few Dollars more. The other 2 don't stand up to The Good The Bad and The Ugly, I'm tempted to say that is my fav western ever (maybe Young Guns :-
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Also been on a western binge, watch the 3 Eastwood movies, The good the bad & the ugly, Fistful and a Few Dollars more. The other 2 don't stand up to The Good The Bad and The Ugly, I'm tempted to say that is my fav western ever (maybe Young Guns :-
    I have not seen Waco as of yet. I'm intrigued by it having seen the old made for tv movie before

Tombstone? Unforgiven? I'm going to finally watch Deadwood all the way through it's in my queue.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have not seen Waco as of yet. I'm intrigued by it having seen the old made for tv movie before

Tombstone? Unforgiven? I'm going to finally watch Deadwood all the way through it's in my queue.
    Dead wood is amazing very well done.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Dead wood is amazing very well done.
    Yep enjoy Tombstone, unforgiven didn't do it for me and has nothing on Good, Bad, Ugly.

Funny you guys mention Deadwood, I've just finished season 1 and started season 2, re-watching it all again. Ian McShane is an awesome actor.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Transformers last knight is just complete and utter horse shit and does not follow their own storyline.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Transformers last knight is just complete and utter horse shit and does not follow their own storyline.
    The CGI in the Transformers movies throws me off so much....it's not that it's fake as hell (which it is) it's that I cannot see what the fuck is actually going on, I can't see the detail in the CGI of whatever Decepticon or Autobot or what have you is on the screen unless it's a non-action scene.

Michael Bay has made some absolute crap films....one of my least favorite directors.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The CGI in the Transformers movies throws me off so much....it's not that it's fake as hell (which it is) it's that I cannot see what the fuck is actually going on, I can't see the detail in the CGI of whatever Decepticon or Autobot or what have you is on the screen unless it's a non-action scene.

Michael Bay has made some absolute crap films....one of my least favorite directors.
    I know what you mean but in this one he does do some slow motion sequences which helped with the action scenes but the story was just so much nonsense that the actors looked confused.

El Kabong Guest

I know what you mean but in this one he does do some slow motion sequences which helped with the action scenes but the story was just so much nonsense that the actors looked confused.
    For action movies I have to be able to see the action. Transformers just doesn't do it for me.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For action movies I have to be able to see the action. Transformers just doesn't do it for me.
    The first one was reasonably good but it just got worse as it went on.

El Kabong Guest

Most series do....most series do.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most series do....most series do.
    True and Matrix is one of the best examples. That ended up a total head fuck and disaster, even if Roy Jones was in it.

Thread Information