Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mind Blowing Boxing Moments

Foreman fighting 4 fighters in one day one of whom plants a kiss on him! Then, two years ago, Alejandro Berrio kisses Yousef Mack on the top of his head before icing him. Good God!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will never, ever forget the look on Dave Tiberi's face when the decision was announced that he had lost to James Toney in their fight for the IBF Middleweight Title in Atlantic City on February 8, 1992. The scoring went like this:Judge Frank Brunette: 117-111, Judge William Lerch: 112-115, Judge Frank Garza: 112-115. A point was deducted from Tiberi for a low blow in round 6. Judge Brunette was the only one in the house not asleep that night. Tiberi smothered Toney against the ropes and kicked his butt throughout the fight. The utter disbelief which swept through the Taj Mahal that evening reverberated throughout the boxing world. The decision prompted an investigation into unjust decisions in boxing. Ultimately, this investigation, aided by Tiberi, led to the Boxing Safety Act in 1997. Because of the values, dignity and principals of Dave Tiberi, boxing is a much better sport today. Indeed, he retired after that fight in total disgust.

There is far more to this story and it warrants separate and in-depth treatment to even begin to give it its due. Suffice it to say the look of disgust and the look of astonishment on Dave and James' faces, respectively, said it all. Plain and simple, it broke the spirit of a decent man of faith who had worked hard his entire adult life to achieve the pinnacle of his profession. I'll never forget it as one one of the most shameful moments in boxing history.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember listening to Max Kellerman calling for the referee to halt the fight between George Khalid Jones and Beethaven Scottland on the U.S.S. Intrepid in New York on June 26, 2001. As early as the fourth round, he said Scottland was taking "a brutal beating." During the fifth round Scottland absorbed more than twenty consecutive punches to his head while trapped in a corner. "That's it!" Kellerman shouted. "This is how guys get seriously hurt." Then, during the seventh round, Kellerman told the ESPN television audience, "I don't like the way he is getting hit.... Those are the cumulative punches that lead to things that you don't want to hear about after the fight." After that round, Kellerman said, "If you're in Scottland's corner you have to ask yourself, 'Is it worth it, for the damage he is sustaining? Is it worth it for the kid's life to stay in these final rounds?' I would say no." After Scottland finally collapsed with forty-five seconds remaining in the fight, Max Kellerman told the television audience, "I feel nauseated. I feel sick. Why does this ever have to happen?"

To watch this unravel in plain sight was nothing short of horrific. I remember at the time that I was up and screaming at the television set, "stop it, stop it for Christ Sakes!" There was nothing I could do; I was helpless. It was awful because I knew what was happening in there as much as Max did. What happened to Kid Paret happened with lightening speed and was almost mesmerizing. This was different; this was slow.

Scottland later dies in the hospital. Jones was never the same afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: Mind Blowing Boxing Moments

That Danny Williams clip is some thing else man ...

Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    All out bomber Derrick Jefferson breaking his ankle in the 1st round vs. Maskaev and fighting on until the 4th....literally hopping around,still throwing big shots

Gabe Ruelas having his arm freakishly snapped like a dry twig against Jeff franklin and losing

Emanuel Steward getting so pissed off his fighter was not following his instructions in a fight,he walked out and went to the dressing room in between rounds.For the life of me,I can not remember the fighter

Tomas Molinares flattening Marlon Starling cold with an after the bell bomb to win the Title.....shortlived

Emanuel Augustus doing his "Puppet stuff" in the Oliveras fight and Olivera screaming in the corner holding his head.Fighting with one hand holding the back of his head and punching with the other.Augustus looks at the ref,and consciously only throws shots to the body for the rest of the fight,Knowing Ray is messed up in some way.Really bizarre!

Simon Brown jabbing off his back after Pettway KO'd him

The Bite!
    Monoco icing Buster after the bell--and Tubbs getting iced by someone at the bell!
    Haa,we must be on a telepathic link Lol.Just related to that other thread.man thats rich

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonny78 View Post
    Danny William's Vs Mark Potter

Danny losing a British tittle defence dislocated his arm in the 6th round you could see the f**king bone sticking out arm limp by his side with the commentators screaming for him to quit, from nowhere he knocks mark potter down 3 times and wins the fight with 1 arm !!!!!
    Great call on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Jorge Castros comeback vs. John David Jackson?
    JCC TKO's Taylor in the last seconds of the final round?
    Lujans ears falling off, WTF did Margarito doe? Cut him with a knife?
    Bert Cooper vs. Michael Moorer, are you serious?
    Ezra Sellars vs. Carl Thompson, WTF these guys are trading knockdowns like words...
    ears fell off !!!!!? video evidence please haha
    Well "ear" not "ears"... Sorry.

Here's the actual fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQU1TK6gXg0
    Seen the pic before but never the fight. The ref looked like he was gonna be sick and I don't blame him. He did more damage with gloves that Tyson did with his knashers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Danny William's Vs Mark Potter

Danny losing a British tittle defence dislocated his arm in the 6th round you could see the f**king bone sticking out arm limp by his side with the commentators screaming for him to quit, from nowhere he knocks mark potter down 3 times and wins the fight with 1 arm !!!!!
    Wow that is more impressive than Abraham's broken jaw effort.
    heres the link

YouTube - Danny Williams Vs Mark Potter (Part 3/3)
    Great call! You don't see that kind of heart and determination often. No doubt in my mind the fight would have been stopped at the end of that round and Danny took him out! Amazing

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post

Wow that is more impressive than Abraham's broken jaw effort.
    heres the link

YouTube - Danny Williams Vs Mark Potter (Part 3/3)
    Great call! You don't see that kind of heart and determination often. No doubt in my mind the fight would have been stopped at the end of that round and Danny took him out! Amazing

Courage!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw a Japanese Cruiserweight fight wearing "slippers" on some show once.1st time Ive seen that.

James Scott fighting Eddie M. Muhammad from Prison on one of the 3 main networks was pretty odd.

ICB Guest

I will never, ever forget the look on Dave Tiberi's face when the decision was announced that he had lost to James Toney in their fight for the IBF Middleweight Title in Atlantic City on February 8, 1992. The scoring went like this:Judge Frank Brunette: 117-111, Judge William Lerch: 112-115, Judge Frank Garza: 112-115. A point was deducted from Tiberi for a low blow in round 6. Judge Brunette was the only one in the house not asleep that night. Tiberi smothered Toney against the ropes and kicked his butt throughout the fight. The utter disbelief which swept through the Taj Mahal that evening reverberated throughout the boxing world. The decision prompted an investigation into unjust decisions in boxing. Ultimately, this investigation, aided by Tiberi, led to the Boxing Safety Act in 1997. Because of the values, dignity and principals of Dave Tiberi, boxing is a much better sport today. Indeed, he retired after that fight in total disgust.

There is far more to this story and it warrants separate and in-depth treatment to even begin to give it its due. Suffice it to say the look of disgust and the look of astonishment on Dave and James' faces, respectively, said it all. Plain and simple, it broke the spirit of a decent man of faith who had worked hard his entire adult life to achieve the pinnacle of his profession. I'll never forget it as one one of the most shameful moments in boxing history.
    God that was just disgusting i've seen the fight once awhile ago, and i never want to see it again. I think i had it 8-3-1 for Dave Tiberi, James Toney was pounded along the ropes all night and got a bit of a pasting. And he was outworked in every round.

To be fair though James Toney was very out of shape, and he underestimated Dave Tiberi like he had done with quite a few opponents. And i think a 100 percent James Toney pot shots Dave Tiberi all night and gives him a boxing lesson.

But no doubt this should of been Dave Tiberi's moment of glory, he clearly won and it wasn't even close. He was so ashamed of the decision he never fought again what a shame.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another one was watching a berserk Holmes jumping over cars to get at Berbick for insulting his wife. Weird juju.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing this again is great.The short fight has a brutal ending but what follows after brings one thing to mind..."Dont let your mouth write a check that your arse cannot cash" Lol

In the mans backyard no less!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viX1r9HisIA

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman fighting 4 fighters in one day one of whom plants a kiss on him! Then, two years ago, Alejandro Berrio kisses Yousef Mack on the top of his head before icing him. Good God!
    I remeber watching footage of that. Was that an exihibition? I think he knocked the first three out and went 4 with the last guy, if I remember correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This one is pretty obvious, but has there ever been a bigger moment in boxing, that caught the attention of people around the world, than Ali knocking out Foreman?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    This one is pretty obvious, but has there ever been a bigger moment in boxing, that caught the attention of people around the world, than Ali knocking out Foreman?
    Or how about Foreman just man-handling Frazier. I remember I saw that fight after seeing the Ali fights and thought damn how hard are those shots?

Thread Information