Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jaidon Coddington

For those who saw him fight last night, what did you think of him?

I still say it was too early in Coddington's career to fight Bika. Bika is a tough opponent for anyone, but Coddington wasn't ready for that fight. I'm not making excuses, he signed up for it, but I feel like if he had developed his skillset, he would have known to box Bika, not slug with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jaidon Coddington

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I still say it was too early in Coddington's career to fight Bika. Bika is a tough opponent for anyone, but Coddington wasn't ready for that fight. I'm not making excuses, he signed up for it, but I feel like if he had developed his skillset, he would have known to box Bika, not slug with him.
    It's Codrington..

anyway, he definitely has skills but either he's not being trained well or he's not very disciplined but he makes a ton of mistakes.. Gill looked like a tough opponent but he was 8-20 coming into the fight, and it wasn't the easiest fight for Jaidon.. I like to watch him fight cause he's a big puncher, but his defense is so bad that any other big puncher has a good chance to take him out quick (allan green).. I'd like to see him develop some defense, and maybe a little better balance, and if he succeeds in this then he could be a champ someday..

also, was that fight last night at LHW?? whats up w/ that? he should be at SMW in my opinion..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Jaidon has good skills except one thing a jaw. You seen last night he get touched he his leg's buckled and he almost collapsed a few times. A guy with 8 wins 21 losses and seven Kayo's is not really saying much about Codrington in my mind. He still needs alot of work if would ever want a rematch with Bika.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a guy like him needs very good defensive skills and he just doesn't have them. And then especially when he gets tired his legs will just go.

I kind of like him honestly but its tough for me to imagine him really making a lot of noise at 168.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I am way off, but I thought his defense looked better last night. I agree, however, his defense is the main strike against him. Punchers will always give him problems. Also, don't forget Bika hits hard. He just knocked out Manfredo in 3 rounds and Coddington went 8 solid rounds with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is Codrington...and you seem to make it sound as though he fought Bika by your statement of "I am not making excuses" and "If he had developed a skillset he would have known to box Bika not slig with him"

Are you sure you are not confusing the two fights??

Jaidon fought Gill
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

It is Codrington...and you seem to make it sound as though he fought Bika by your statement of "I am not making excuses" and "If he had developed a skillset he would have known to box Bika not slig with him"

Jaidon fought Gill
    Daxx, Jaidon fought Bika in the contender finale.. i think he was referring to that fight..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jaidon is best suited to be a contender......not a champion. (ha i made a funny there "contender" lol, ok nevermind) I'm not sure exactly how to describe "it" but jaidon doesn't have "it" whatever it is.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I am way off, but I thought his defense looked better last night. I agree, however, his defense is the main strike against him. Punchers will always give him problems. Also, don't forget Bika hits hard. He just knocked out Manfredo in 3 rounds and Coddington went 8 solid rounds with him.

Agreed but you do have to see that Bika has progressed a helluva alot in the past year. IMO if Bika and Coddington( I thought it was Codrington) were to fight again soon Bika takes him out just as fast as Manfredo.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly,I think he's a knockout waiting to happen.Tough enough but stiff and lack of defense will be very taxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Honestly,I think he's a knockout waiting to happen.Tough enough but stiff and lack of defense will be very taxing.
    He's already been stopped twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

Jaidon fought Gill
    Daxx, Jaidon fought Bika in the contender finale.. i think he was referring to that fight..
    OK got it now....Was not even thnking about the Contender finale because of the mention of last night...and that they were both on the same card...

Thanks for clearing that up mate...rep to ya
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That he could come back after such a savage icing at the hands of Green says a lt abot this kid. He is capable of a FOTY at almost anytime. He is an exciting type of fighter, but he takes too much punishment to last for the long haul. I hope I am wrong, as I really like him.

Thread Information