Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Argentinian Sergio Medina to avenge Mexican boxers' losses to JuanMa Lopez

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Argentinian Sergio Medina to avenge Mexican boxers' losses to JuanMa Lopez

Sergio Medina (33-1, 18KOs) is not feeling the pressure of facing hard-punching WBO super bantamweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez (23-0, 21KOs) on the undercard to the Oscar De La Hoya-Manny Pacquiao pay-per-view at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Medina respects Lopez and knows the fight will be tough, but he plans to upset the odds by capturing the title.

"Lopez deserves respect for being the champion. I know this is going to be a hard war, but I am going to rise to the occasion when I step in the ring and win. I am not afraid of Juan Manuel and I am determined to take his place," Medina said to Primera Hora. "To win the title is something that I deserve for all of the years of sacrifice and I am going to take advantage of the oppotunity that has been given to me."

Medina has one loss on his record, by way of decision to Rey Bautista from last May. Medina, who hails from Argentina, does have Mexican roots and wants to avenge all of the Mexican fighters that Lopez has knocked out over the last year.

"I have the experience and I love to fight. I am the type of boxer who is going to work. They have never really hit Lopez, but we will see what happens when I touch him with my right hand," Medina said. "I've always wanted to be champion, not only for me but for my wife and son. I have Mexican blood in my veins and in this fight - I will get revenge for the Mexicans that Lopez has knocked out."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Argentinian Sergio Medina to avenge Mexican boxers' losses to JuanMa Lopez

That's the right mind set to have. Otherwise, you have no business getting into the ring. Hopefully he'll be competitive, and they'll put on a good show for the fans. Having said that, I'll still pulling for a JuanMa KO victory.

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: Argentinian Sergio Medina to avenge Mexican boxers' losses to JuanMa Lopez

This could be a good match-up... Experience is on Medina's side... but JuanMa a clear favorite here...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Medina beat Bautista, the ref. was VERY nice to Bautista that night. The fight could have easily been stopped.
    Medina fought his ass off but it was not to be for him that night.

Medina is too easy to hit, JuanMas going to catch him often.
    JuanMa TKO...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm hoping for a good fight so that everyone could see my boy JuanMa do something else rather than knocking everyone out. i know that i few people don't think JuanMa can beat the top guys in the division because he's still green but that's because he has blown through everyone and hasn't given much to compare for a big fight with those guys. hopefully this one lasts a little more. I'm still going with JuanMa KO, hopefully later rounds
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah this one won't be close imo JML is on a whole nother level, wish he would fight some better competition now that he is champion. Really think he has all the goods there is no reason to wait around on undercards this dude should be a star.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good motivation for Medina but he is still in for a rude awakening. Juanaman will add another KO to his list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am hoping that this time Juanma can at least warm up. His last 2 fights were so quick that I could even finish a beer between both fights

I am hoping that Juanma repeats the dosis and add other KO to his list. I will keep drinking beer even when the fight is done
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Thread Information