Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24/7, they should retire it imo.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 24/7, they should retire it imo.

This show has been churned out so often now it's becoming tired and boring, it just feels like a extended advertisement rather than a great show. It's so formulaic, with the same guy doing the same voice overs, in exactly the same way, only with less and less interesting fighters.

This show worked when it started for two reasons, Floyd Mayweather JR and Uncle Roger. Love them or hate them they made for compelling viewing and the shows were interesting.

The Calzaghe Jones and so far the Oscar Manny shows are just so tedious I've forgotten them already. I can't think of a single memorable moment in any of them.

The problem is that the fight's they have been covering recently arn't compelling, they don't really mean anything and none of the fighters are remotely interesting.

I mean I love Joe inside the ring but outside of it's he's hardly an entertainer.

Manny just doesn't talk and I find Oscar so drearily dull I can feel my brain trying to escape my head when he talks.

I mean is anyone in the whole world even remotely interested in anything Oscar has to say? I don't give a fuck about his training methods, I don't care at all about his legacy and I couldn't care less about what his thoughts are in the run up to this fight.

Manny in the first episode I don't think even said a word to the camera, it was left to Freddie Roach to talk for him, and seriously just like Oscar havn't we heard Freddie enough?

I just hope that after this fight they will give it a rest.

The ONLY shows worth watching are those involving the Mayweathers and that's because all the other fighters have as much charisma as an airport lounge chair.

We no longer need to be taken behind the scenes and given a backroom pass to the training camps, as we've now seen it all before, with the same guy giving the same monotomous voiceover dialoge, it just doesn't grip me the way it used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 24/7, they should retire it imo.

All I hear you nowadays Bilbo is moaning your fucking ass off.

Your sounding like a lonely old man.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

What do you mean nowadays? When I have been here and not moaned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

What do you mean nowadays? When I have been here and not moaned?
    You did actually used to post on boxing topics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea the 24/7 sux without Floyd. its like he played the bad guy on the shows. i loved the Hatton vs Mayweather that probably my favorite one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    yea the 24/7 sux without Floyd. its like he played the bad guy on the shows. i loved the Hatton vs Mayweather that probably my favorite one.
    Exactly those shows were memorable, as was the one where he fought Oscar.

Things like stealing Oscar's bag and presenting with that chicken at the press conference were hilarious, especially when he stared it down.

And Uncle Roger and his hilarious rants, they were awesome.

Damn I wish Floyd would come back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    Exactly those shows were memorable, as was the one where he fought Oscar.

Things like stealing Oscar's bag and presenting with that chicken at the press conference were hilarious, especially when he stared it down.

And Uncle Roger and his hilarious rants, they were awesome.

Damn I wish Floyd would come back
    LOL i remember that i LMAO. but the fight suked though.

but when he was gonna fight Hatton i knew i would be good especially the 24/7. now if Cotto wins a rematch with Margarito and he fights PBF that would be HUGE especially since thats been a fight alot of people been wanting for so long.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the 24/7 series. To get more casual fans involved in boxing it is important for people new to the sport to get to know the boxers themselves. Plus I love seeing the training techniques.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

El Kabong Guest

I like the idea of 24/7, I just hate it when a guy like PBF is on there or even De la Hoya. PBF is a prick and Oscar just seems like he's acting.

They shouldn't do 24/7 in the format they have been doing it here's what they should do instead of just hyping up one fight.

1. Have a forum of boxing analists/boxers/trainers/promoters and even celebrities who like boxing.

2. Discuss ALL upcoming boxing matches even those (dare I say) on other networks

3. Discuss fighters/trainers on the rise, fighters/trainers on the fall, fights that should be made, fights that are being made, and other issues in boxing, rules, belts, etc....plenty to discuss.

IMO they should do a show like ESPN's The Sports Reporters only dedicated just to boxing....it'll never happen but a guy can dream can't he

El Kabong Guest

Can you imagine Max Kellerman/Jim Lampley moderating a show with guests like: Manny Steward, Freddy Roach, Bert Sugar, Larry Merchant, George Foreman, Lennox Lewis, Ray Leonard, Joe Frazier, Don King, Wlad, Vitali, Haye, etc etc etc. all talking about the upcoming events and pertanent issues in boxing it would be great for us.

I think it would be fun to watch...but as I said it'll never happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man just deal with it !! it's not like we have allot of boxing shows on t.v...... i look forward to it.... and also watch the re-run's >>>.

scott from california

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Can you imagine Max Kellerman/Jim Lampley moderating a show with guests like: Manny Steward, Freddy Roach, Bert Sugar, Larry Merchant, George Foreman, Lennox Lewis, Ray Leonard, Joe Frazier, Don King, Wlad, Vitali, Haye, etc etc etc. all talking about the upcoming events and pertanent issues in boxing it would be great for us.

I think it would be fun to watch...but as I said it'll never happen
    Like Inside the NFL, but with boxing?! That'd be cool!!!!

I'd watch! or at least YouTube it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love 24/7. It gradually hypes me up for fights I'm excited to see more each week.

The theme song is sick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOGBOOGERS View Post
    man just deal with it !! it's not like we have allot of boxing shows on t.v...... i look forward to it.... and also watch the re-run's >>>.

scott from california
    I think this dude registered JUST to give you one Bilbo..

That's one way to get all the guests that come here to sign up.. Have Biblo say things that annoy them enough that they are compelled to register and give him a piece of their mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This show has been churned out so often now it's becoming tired and boring, it just feels like a extended advertisement rather than a great show. It's so formulaic, with the same guy doing the same voice overs, in exactly the same way, only with less and less interesting fighters.

This show worked when it started for two reasons, Floyd Mayweather JR and Uncle Roger. Love them or hate them they made for compelling viewing and the shows were interesting.

The Calzaghe Jones and so far the Oscar Manny shows are just so tedious I've forgotten them already. I can't think of a single memorable moment in any of them.

The problem is that the fight's they have been covering recently arn't compelling, they don't really mean anything and none of the fighters are remotely interesting.

I mean I love Joe inside the ring but outside of it's he's hardly an entertainer.

Manny just doesn't talk and I find Oscar so drearily dull I can feel my brain trying to escape my head when he talks.

I mean is anyone in the whole world even remotely interested in anything Oscar has to say? I don't give a fuck about his training methods, I don't care at all about his legacy and I couldn't care less about what his thoughts are in the run up to this fight.

Manny in the first episode I don't think even said a word to the camera, it was left to Freddie Roach to talk for him, and seriously just like Oscar havn't we heard Freddie enough?

I just hope that after this fight they will give it a rest.

The ONLY shows worth watching are those involving the Mayweathers and that's because all the other fighters have as much charisma as an airport lounge chair.

We no longer need to be taken behind the scenes and given a backroom pass to the training camps, as we've now seen it all before, with the same guy giving the same monotomous voiceover dialoge, it just doesn't grip me the way it used to.

there have only been a few 24/7s and I love this one.

The only boring one was jones vs calzaghe...that is probably what cause a bad taste and bias in your mind...dont lump the pacman vs oscar with that.

Thread Information