Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pac-Oscar... What worrys me - Just some Musings.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac-Oscar... What worrys me - Just some Musings.

I think that we can all agree... If Pac is able to make that big a step up in weight and beat a fighter like ODLH (I know he's getting old but in my opinion the size difference still makes it pretty special) then he is going to gain a lot.

Oscar on the other hand, if victorious... is really only going to gain the purse he gets paid (in my opinion anyway... how ever skilled I think Pac is just too small). If he loses to pac all it's going to do is slightly hurt his legacy but it's not going to stop him being a big draw/house hold name and I think he knows that he's not going to fight for much longer if at all anyway so he won't be losing any opportunities or positions etc.

I don't really have much of an interest in this fight, if any... it stank when it was rumoured and stinks even more now that it's actually happening.

That's what's bothering me... something is just off about all of it. I repsect ODLH as a fighter and a man but (these are just random musings running through my head, I'm not making an opinion, just fishing for thoughts from you)

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been said (a few 100 times I don't read here much)... but when somebody who owns the majority of a promotions company fights one of it's stars you have to wonder what his motives are.

Financially he probably benefits more in the long run if Pac wins than if he does. Pac's got a lot of rep amongst boxing fans but how much bigger a draw does a win over a 5 time champion/celebrity (lets be honest) at a higher weight make him?...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac-Oscar... What worrys me - Just some Musings.

p.s.

Just want to say before the pac fanboys jump of pac's dick and onto my arse... I'm not saying that your boy can't legitimately beat Oscar and that if he did win it's because Oscar threw the fight!

just being Devil's Advocate

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    p.s.

Just want to say before the pac fanboys jump of pac's dick and onto my arse... I'm not saying that your boy can't legitimately beat Oscar and that if he did win it's because Oscar threw the fight!

just being Devil's Advocate

I don't mind Hoya giving up this fight to PAC as long as he will get badly busted (as what Dizaster is predicting) and KO'ed in the process...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Pac isn't with GBP anymore, right? He is with Top Rank I thought....isn't that why ODLH called him a traitor? He really would like to beat Pac now that he went with Arum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    I think that we can all agree... If Pac is able to make that big a step up in weight and beat a fighter like ODLH (I know he's getting old but in my opinion the size difference still makes it pretty special) then he is going to gain a lot.

Oscar on the other hand, if victorious... is really only going to gain the purse he gets paid (in my opinion anyway... how ever skilled I think Pac is just too small). If he loses to pac all it's going to do is slightly hurt his legacy but it's not going to stop him being a big draw/house hold name and I think he knows that he's not going to fight for much longer if at all anyway so he won't be losing any opportunities or positions etc.

I don't really have much of an interest in this fight, if any... it stank when it was rumoured and stinks even more now that it's actually happening.

That's what's bothering me... something is just off about all of it. I repsect ODLH as a fighter and a man but (these are just random musings running through my head, I'm not making an opinion, just fishing for thoughts from you)

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been said (a few 100 times I don't read here much)... but when somebody who owns the majority of a promotions company fights one of it's stars you have to wonder what his motives are.

Financially he probably benefits more in the long run if Pac wins than if he does. Pac's got a lot of rep amongst boxing fans but how much bigger a draw does a win over a 5 time champion/celebrity (lets be honest) at a higher weight make him?...

might be similar to when dlh fought hopkins, hopkins was too big for odlh
    but i cant see it being that way. i think pac could carry his power up.
    wont be the same but it could have an affect over odlh

overall it will be a ud win for odlh IMO
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Thread Information