Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When is Dawson-Hopkins going to happen? :(

I want to see this matchup, and I thought it would have been made by now to potentially draw Calzaghe out to face the winner. Personally I think this is a better fight for Chad to take. Of course Hopkins makes everybody look bad, but Joe isn't going to make you look any better. Also I don't think you learn as much from fighting Calzaghe its basically ok he's throwing a lot of punches quickly, and I am having a hard time responding to them, I think Hopkins actually make you learn things in the ring. Guys like Glen Johnson and Joe Calzaghe take you into the school yard. Bernard used to do that, but now he takes you to college where he sees how much raw potential you have. I think he will give us a good indication of whats to come from Dawson. From a technical standpoint Dawson hasn't looked bad yet, but I would like to see just how deep those roots are. How finely trained is he in the sweet science.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When is Dawson-Hopkins going to happen? :(

hopkins beats dawson UD.
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll see.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if Bernard tries to make a fight with Dawson that Joe needs to get his skates on and make that fight for himself.

If Bernard beats Dawson after beating Pavlik then Joe would only be forced to fight Hopkins again anyway and why let Hopkins steal another young fighters thunder when Joe could take the credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant see Calzaghe fighting Dawson unless Dawson takes a huge cut in the percentage, cos lets be honest what does Dawson bring??

If Joe wants this big final payday 5-10 million quid, where does Dawson fit in?? Im not saying this is correct cos Dawson is his biggest challenge on paper, but Dawson is unknown on these shores doesnt fight on HBO.

I can only see this fight happening if its like a 80/20 split for Joe im not sure how much Chad usually gets paid for his fights but i dont think he has earnt anywhere near a nine figure pay cheque.

I really want to see this fight and i think Taeth is right lets have the Hopkins fight which will make the Calzaghe fight with Dawson if he wins more makable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if Joe doesnt fight again and Hopkins goes on to beat BCD it inproves Joe's legacy in a strange sort of way..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It depends, I among many felt Hopkins won the fight against Joe, and that when he wasn't "Gasping" for breathe he was controlling fight pretty easily. It happened early, and again after the low blow debacle for a round or two. Also Calzaghe didn't start to beat Roy convincingly until the cut came. Before that Roy was countering him, and Joe was show boating and getting hit, while producing hardly no effective offense.

Personally, I saw Kessler as a huge boost for Joe's ranking ALl time, I've always thought he gets a lot of credit for fighting even this age of Bernard to such a close fight, but I don't think he looked that good against Roy Jones, and IMO that fight hurt him because guys like Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver were able to do a better job of it.

ALl in all just like the whole thing with Pavlik beating Taylor who beat Hopkins, I don't think what HOpkins does against Dawson should measure what Calzaghe would do against him, just like I don't think Calzaghe could beat Pavlik in the same manner because he is way easier to hit than Hopkins, and power does take its toll, I still don't think if Pavlik gets into his rhythm that Calzaghe could stop Kelly from taking him out, He is wide open for the right hand, and Pavlik hits way harder than anyone Calzaghe has faced including his last three opponents who have all hurt him.

Thread Information