Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KKisser View Post

Why is Shane looking at pacs ass?, we knew he likes asian but didnt knew about it that way

I Think JMM vs Hatton may happen.
    I think the bigger question is..what is Roach staring at?

Whatever it is he seems amazed

well hes really looking at the scale (well i think he is), but if he isnt then hes lookin at his ass/package.

XaduBoxer Guest

Pacquiao weirded by weigh-in difference

12/06/2008 | 05:34 PM
    MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao was sure he was at 146 pounds for the final weigh-in.

So it surprised him to see he came out four pounds lighter.

Pacquiao tipped the scales at 142 pounds, way off the weight he and his team were expecting.

"Yes, a little bit of a surprise. Seems the scale got calibrated," Freddie Roach told Manila-based journalists inside the press room on Friday after the weigh-in.

Shortly after the weigh-in, Pacquiao went back to his room and used a different scale. He came in at 145.5 pounds, the same weight he had in the morning after breakfast, according to Roach.

Pacquiao was amazed at the difference, disclosing the night before and just an hour before the official weigh-in that he both checked in at 146 pounds.

"I didn't do anything to reduce weight, so I don't know why I came in at 142?" Pacquiao said. "It's hard to be suspicious but as you can see, there's a difference between how I weighed out there and here."

Pacquiao said if there was a four-pound difference between his two "weigh-ins", it could be the same for de la Hoya. "So does that mean Oscar was at 149 pounds?"

A clause in the contracts signed by both Pacquiao and de la Hoya will have de la Hoya paying a $3-million penalty for every excess pound over 147 pounds.

Pacquiao said he didn't want to make a big deal out of the situation. "I don't want to make that an excuse for whatever happens."

Roach agreed.

"Maybe the scale … I'm not sure. But I'm not accusing anything (sic)," said Roach, who incidentally, also got a positive response from the Nevada State Athletic Commission later in the day, allowing the use of one-inch tape for the boxer's hands instead of two inches.

"But it really doesn't matter to me," he added. "The fight's on. The fight's here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao was sure he was at 146 pounds for the final weigh-in.

Pacquiao tipped the scales at 142 pounds, way off the weight he and his team were expecting.

"Yes, a little bit of a surprise. Seems the scale got calibrated," Freddie Roach told Manila-based journalists inside the press room on Friday after the weigh-in.

Shortly after the weigh-in, Pacquiao went back to his room and used a different scale. He came in at 145.5 pounds, the same weight he had in the morning after breakfast, according to Roach.

Pacquiao was amazed at the difference, disclosing the night before and just an hour before the official weigh-in that he both checked in at 146 pounds.

"I didn't do anything to reduce weight, so I don't know why I came in at 142?" Pacquiao said. "It's hard to be suspicious but as you can see, there's a difference between how I weighed out there and here."

Pacquiao said if there was a four-pound difference between his two "weigh-ins", it could be the same for de la Hoya. "So does that mean Oscar was at 149 pounds?"

A clause in the contracts signed by both Pacquiao and de la Hoya will have de la Hoya paying a $3-million penalty for every excess pound over 147 pounds.

Pacquiao said he didn't want to make a big deal out of the situation. "I don't want to make that an excuse for whatever happens."

Roach agreed.

"Maybe the scale … I'm not sure. But I'm not accusing anything (sic)," said Roach, who incidentally, also got a positive response from the Nevada State Athletic Commission later in the day, allowing the use of one-inch tape for the boxer's hands instead of two inches.

"But it really doesn't matter to me," he added. "The fight's on. The fight's here."
    Incredibly interesting!!! Could they turn the scales over and see "Made and Calibrated by Golden Boy Promotions" If they were 4 lbs out of what Pac's team expected, that would put the Golden Boy over the weight limit.... Suspicious things are afoot..
    Last edited by Dizaster; 12-06-2008 at 09:56 AM.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's interesting sb. that means if oscar was actually 4 lbs heavier he owes manny $6m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a good attitude by Pac and Roach.. Personally i'd be immediately ordering a new set of scales to be used immediately after the weigh in.. A fighter to weigh themselves consistently, even the same day, to be 146 and then come in "officially" at 142 is just ridiculous..

Personally, if I was ODLH and knew I was going to be out of pocket $6million for being 2 pounds over the limit, i'd be slipping an official a cool million to make sure the scales had him under..

Anyway, regardless i'm still into this fight, and the weigh in been and gone now so nothing can be done about that discrepency, but it's strange...... I was truely surprised from the start even seeing that Pac had weighed in at 142.. He's obviously going to need all the weight he can get and as we find out now, Roach was keeping him at 146 which is exactly what he'd want to do...

Hopefully Pac slaughters him none the less...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Weigh In Of Featherweight Vs Middleweight

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Lol!

It aint that bad.

La Motta was 15 lbs heavier than SRR during the weigh in.
    Lamotta was a brawler who lost 25% of his fights.

Pacquiao is in against one of the most well rounded fighters in boxing, and he is much shorter, whereas Robinson was taller, He is less technically skilled whereas Robinson was vastly superior in technique to Lamotta. Robinson has a great chin, and has never truly been knocked out, Pacquiao has been. Pacquiao is a warrior, but is he a Robinson type warrior? I am not sure anyone these days is, but he is as close as they come, but there are too many factors playing against him, for Pacquiao to be a favorite, I think its closer than Calzaghe-Jones, and less of mismatch, but the outcome could be much more devastating.
    Let me remind you that Pacquaio was never been KOed because of chin. He was dehydrated(weight issue) when he lost his title to a thailander(?) and it was a body shot when he lost to torrecampo. He lost to Morales on points but never KOed when he was in his best conditioning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ladies and Gentlemen. I just wanted to wish everyone a good fight tonight! I will be taking my usual Saddo Forum big fight hiatus. So until then, ENJOY, and keep above the belt with the post-fight banter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wtf oscar better not rig the scale, he hasnt made 147 in more then 7 years and he made it look easy! wtf! no i know why! he rig the scale! more the reason for him to get ktfo, come on pacman GOOD ALWAYS PREVAIL!!! Im preying to all the saints of the catholic church including mother nature, protect him with positioning and timing allow him the win!!!, geez i can not sleep im so excited

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this Glam-celeb thing over yet??God I hate this fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    I've always thought it doesn't make sense why they have a bunch of other fighters crowding around at the weigh ins and in the ring before fights.. Officials, yes.. trainers/team, yes.. Promoters, yes. But just flashing around the celebs behind the weigh in pics is slightly gay... I can't think of the amount of times i've seen Hopkins big Noggin getting in amongst the action of other fighters... it annoys me frankly...

It should just be the Pac/Hoya show...
    Its a bit sad if you ask me. Hopkins, Mosley and DLH trying to show "solidarity" at the weigh in. How gay is that?? Seen it too many times now. I can understand them wanting to see the fight but to go to the weigh in is a bit pointless. And Im getting a bit tired of Ricky wearing that hat too. It looks a bit silly.
    True.. You can just picture Ricky with a beer in his hand while he's wearing that hat..
    Even if they just stood on stage around it wouldn't be as bad.. But for the main, main face off weigh in picture, why the hell does Hopkins need to be right in the middle of them... That's the part that realllly annoys me..
    Ricky Hatton looked an absoloute scruff at the weigh in. Did you see the state of them trainers he had on ?

As for Hopkins he's just trying to get attention, he does it with all the big fight weigh ins. I didn't realise Hopkins was part of ODLH's Team though. I wonder is he's working in the corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roach agreed.

Thats shocking if true, although nothing surprizes me when moneys involved. lol

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roach agreed.

If that's the case, Pac and Roach should be screaming about it.

If I'm a Pac-fan, that quote of his worries me, "I don't want to make that an excuse for whatever happens." Sounds like he's not all the optimistic or that he's resigned to his fate. I'd of much rather see him say something along the lines of "It doesn't matter if he weighs 150, I'm still kicking his ass..." Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.
    Last edited by CFH; 12-06-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Photos: Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar De La Hoya Weigh-In Photos

Photos from the December 5th Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar De La Hoya Weigh-In in Las Vegas, Nevada.

All Fight Galleries
    http://www.ultravista.com/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=34692

The gallery will be updated after this evenings fights!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So we are going to take Pacs word for it I mean that is as empty as an accusation that I have heard.. Sounds like early damage control

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Photos: Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar De La Hoya Weigh-In Photos

Thats one big pacman

Thread Information