Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

i think if that was true they would have said something quickly, why just let 6 million dollars go?? just cus?? because the fight is here?? sounds like bull to me and almost like an excuse. i don't care if i KNOW for a fact that i'm gonna win, if some one owed me 6 million they better pay. fuk the belts, fuk the P4P status, the recognition, the anything, i want my god damn 6 million dollars. just don't believe it
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Photos: Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar De La Hoya Weigh-In Photos

I'm rooting for Manny!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ultravista View Post
    I'm rooting for Manny!
    De la oya is always portrayed as boxing's most popular practicioner, but I think that Pacquaio will be the sentimental favourite in this fight.

If Pacquiao were to win this fight it would be extremely significant.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mike_tha_man View Post
    i think if that was true they would have said something quickly, why just let 6 million dollars go?? just cus?? because the fight is here?? sounds like bull to me and almost like an excuse. i don't care if i KNOW for a fact that i'm gonna win, if some one owed me 6 million they better pay. fuk the belts, fuk the P4P status, the recognition, the anything, i want my god damn 6 million dollars. just don't believe it
    Well its possible that not only 6 million will go away but the whole fight being cancelled, since oscar is atleast 5 pounds over. Did you think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Pacquiao weirded by weigh-in difference

12/06/2008 | 05:34 PM
    MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao was sure he was at 146 pounds for the final weigh-in.

So it surprised him to see he came out four pounds lighter.

Pacquiao tipped the scales at 142 pounds, way off the weight he and his team were expecting.

"Yes, a little bit of a surprise. Seems the scale got calibrated," Freddie Roach told Manila-based journalists inside the press room on Friday after the weigh-in.

Shortly after the weigh-in, Pacquiao went back to his room and used a different scale. He came in at 145.5 pounds, the same weight he had in the morning after breakfast, according to Roach.

Pacquiao was amazed at the difference, disclosing the night before and just an hour before the official weigh-in that he both checked in at 146 pounds.

"I didn't do anything to reduce weight, so I don't know why I came in at 142?" Pacquiao said. "It's hard to be suspicious but as you can see, there's a difference between how I weighed out there and here."

Pacquiao said if there was a four-pound difference between his two "weigh-ins", it could be the same for de la Hoya. "So does that mean Oscar was at 149 pounds?"

A clause in the contracts signed by both Pacquiao and de la Hoya will have de la Hoya paying a $3-million penalty for every excess pound over 147 pounds.

Pacquiao said he didn't want to make a big deal out of the situation. "I don't want to make that an excuse for whatever happens."

Roach agreed.

"Maybe the scale … I'm not sure. But I'm not accusing anything (sic)," said Roach, who incidentally, also got a positive response from the Nevada State Athletic Commission later in the day, allowing the use of one-inch tape for the boxer's hands instead of two inches.

"But it really doesn't matter to me," he added. "The fight's on. The fight's here."
    If that's the case, Pac and Roach should be screaming about it.

If I'm a Pac-fan, that quote of his worries me, "I don't want to make that an excuse for whatever happens." Sounds like he's not all the optimistic or that he's resigned to his fate. I'd of much rather see him say something along the lines of "It doesn't matter if he weighs 150, I'm still kicking his ass..." Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.
    Pac has never been a shit talker.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    So we are going to take Pacs word for it I mean that is as empty as an accusation that I have heard.. Sounds like early damage control
    Pac is an honest person, im sure even you would think so. His NO FEAR mentallity wont let this fight be cancelled though. Like they said, the fight is here. No matter what oscar is the bigger man so why risk the fight getting cancelled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Its a bit sad if you ask me. Hopkins, Mosley and DLH trying to show "solidarity" at the weigh in. How gay is that?? Seen it too many times now. I can understand them wanting to see the fight but to go to the weigh in is a bit pointless. And Im getting a bit tired of Ricky wearing that hat too. It looks a bit silly.
    True.. You can just picture Ricky with a beer in his hand while he's wearing that hat..
    Even if they just stood on stage around it wouldn't be as bad.. But for the main, main face off weigh in picture, why the hell does Hopkins need to be right in the middle of them... That's the part that realllly annoys me..
    Ricky Hatton looked an absoloute scruff at the weigh in. Did you see the state of them trainers he had on ?

As for Hopkins he's just trying to get attention, he does it with all the big fight weigh ins. I didn't realise Hopkins was part of ODLH's Team though. I wonder is he's working in the corner.
    They have been business partners for years, not long after they fought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I agree.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ultravista View Post
    Yeah, I agree.
    Quality pics man great job.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just checking this out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I apologize fellas, I'm in the DUH! stage attaching pictures. I tried and failed, but it is a nice picture of the staredown i picked up, i thought it'd be a curious piece to share, if I'm able to do it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it doesnt matter if Oscar weighted 200 lbs this fight will never get canceled
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On the last 24/7 Im sure they weighed Pac as being about 141 or 142. That would have been only a few days prior to the fight anyway, so it isnt really a shock that Pac did actually weigh in at 142.

If there really was a problem with the weigh in then Pacs team should have kicked up a fuss. So, its my perception that have a good old case of smoke and mirrors going on.

The weigh in was likely legit and we have nothing more but to wait for the fight.

One more time....COME ON MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just took 15 minutes to log in ......Are the guest locked out?Going to be a interesting night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think so, it is going to be interesting for sure. Got some old vinyl on the turntable passing time waiting for it to start. A watched pot never boils................................
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    On the last 24/7 Im sure they weighed Pac as being about 141 or 142. That would have been only a few days prior to the fight anyway, so it isnt really a shock that Pac did actually weigh in at 142.

If there really was a problem with the weigh in then Pacs team should have kicked up a fuss. So, its my perception that have a good old case of smoke and mirrors going on.

The weigh in was likely legit and we have nothing more but to wait for the fight.

One more time....COME ON MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a different feeling and thoughts on the weigh-in issue..I think Oscar's team cheated.the logic is..its not a secret the weight would be very difficult for him to catch.why the hell would he forced himself to 145 if 147 is enough!seems like the one who calibrated the scales wanted to make sure he makes the weight.and brilliant,oh yeah we're all gonna think maybe he really trained his ass of thats why hes 2lbs under.baloney! To Oscar,I think the money or the fine is not an issue..but its all about the little credit that will be lost if he comes overweight and beat the little Pacquiao.Hes gonna be bashed and hated for the rest of his life.On Pac's side,if Oscar decided to play fair..and gives the fine he would have to face 149lb Oscar still.aside from the $6 M..its not a big issue to them.Of course that's a lot of money!!and the mental game. Pac-I'm facing a light middleweight and I have no $6M. Oscar - I cheated.I cheated a little guy.I should give him the money. But the world should never know I didnt made the weight. I have no rights to lose this one.Im freakin nervous!

I just wanna see a great and exciting fight at first,,now Im going for Pac all the way!!
    GO MANNY!!
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey its 'ears' Jacobs.Receiving quite a push.On the stream you can here Kellerman in the background

Thread Information