Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Watch the De La Hoya/Pacquiao Weigh-in Live

You can watch the weigh-in live at two different sites.

The weigh-in is at 5:30 pm ET/2:30 pm PT

HBO: Boxing

Boxing on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

I like them both so it's hard to root for either to win. Just hoping it's a kick ass fight.

If PAC loses, he's not gonna get his ass handed to him, I'll say that much.
    Last edited by WEILAND; 12-05-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    COME ON PACCIE BOY!!!!!

Also, I am extremely extremely poor this weekend, but I noticed amongst all the drinks on the front page, no one brought any Jack Daniels... If I missed it, point me in the right direction.. But if anyone can provide a bottle or 2, i'll be all set for the 12 rounds of Pac domination...

I've also brought a gift for some of the people here.

See below...

They'll be here for the whole weekend so don't everyone try to jump on at once and tire them out.... We Pac fans might need some deep consoling in our loss on Saturday night and Sunday..

Hopefully everyone gets a go though....

OKay PAcfans.... Enjoy the girls while you can.LOL

We will be celebrating this coming Saturday (Sunday Philippine Time)

Fearless Prediction: The world will be shocked coz Manny is going for the kill. DLH will be going down in the late rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

With less than 24 hours before fight night, can you make a prediction as to what round the guy is going down?
    <a href="Hidden Content la Hoya Pacquiao</a>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar 145, pacquiao only 142 lb

what has oscare been eating, looks like he never feasted on them spinach balls he was raving about on 24/7

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar 145, pacquiao only 142 lb

Oscar looked very good at the weight, did well to come in so far within the weight, and the natural size different is obvious.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After rehydrating Oscar will be 155 - 160 and Pac will be 145 max.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    After rehydrating Oscar will be 155 - 160 and Pac will be 145 max.
    yea there might be a 10 plus pounds weight difference, GREAT!

XaduBoxer Guest

Hoya - 145 lbs, PAC - 142 lbs.

Let's get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeee ...

XaduBoxer Guest

XaduBoxer Guest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both look in great shape, but Oscar definitely has the size advantage. If Oscar took this fight he should win by TKO. I believe that even if he wins a decision, he will be loosing. This is a fight that he cautiously selected (big name, small body) and he is trying to make it look as a bigger threat than it really should be. Just imagine all risks for Hopkins for fighting Hatton. If Oscar wants to be recognized as the best boxer he had to fight the best of his division. Why he did not take a fight with Margarito??

Oscar should win, but I believe that Pacman speed will give him some difficulties and will land his left hand couple of times on the Golden Boy's face.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny looks good at this weight and not a blown up lightweight, just a light Welterweight. Im happy he came in uner the limit cause that says that he has been putting on the right kind of weight and focusing on speed.

Oscar looks good and he has put his work in. No doubt he trained hard for this fight. It is concerning to me that he came in under the limit and looks really dont convince me that he is strong or not weight drained. He could very well be weak at this weight at point in his career. This is the lowest hes been in over 11 years.

I think that Manny is a lot more comfortable in his body at this weight than Oscar.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: PAC has a chance to win ...

Oscar De La Hoya will be upstaged

link: Oscar De La Hoya will be upstaged - Los Angeles Times

Pacquiao will win this match for the following five reasons:

* The Felix Trinidad Syndrome

It was 1999, De La Hoya had not been beaten, was 26 years old, had the boxing world by the tail, and clearly looked invincible. Against Trinidad, he appeared to win the first seven rounds. A victory seemed secure, the planets were aligned.

And then he decided to stick and move, boxing parlance for running. The judges weren't impressed and Trinidad got the decision.

In retrospect, the moment proved that De La Hoya, who has never been hit much or hurt badly, is too smart to be a brawler and generally finds that distasteful.

Pacquiao likes to brawl.

* The Shane Mosley Syndrome

De La Hoya lost twice to this very good boxer from Pomona, also a bit smaller than De La Hoya. Mosley's skills are built around foot speed and hand speed.

So are Pacquiao's.

* The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Syndrome

De La Hoya fought Mayweather on May 5 of last year. Until today, that was boxing's biggest recent showcase. In De La Hoya's corner last year was trainer Freddie Roach, who pushed him to use his always-reliable jab to push Mayweather into submission over the entire 12 rounds.

Somewhere along the line, De La Hoya stopped jabbing and Mayweather started winning. Roach knows why the jabbing stopped, and he is in the Pacquiao corner for this one.

* The Stevie Forbes Syndrome

De La Hoya fought Stevie Forbes on May 3 of this year.

It was a wonderful public relations gesture. It was held in the soccer stadium at the Home Depot Center, where there was room for more than 20,000 people and more than that showed up. Ticket prices were scaled down to allow access for the common man to see this boxer of the people.

It is the kind of thing that De La Hoya does best. Huge public exposure. Flash that wonderful smile. Win friends and influence people. If he hadn't been a boxer, he'd be governor.

De La Hoya won a decision over Forbes, who was even smaller than Pacquiao and who won his way into this match by losing in the final of a made-for-TV show.

Afterward, De La Hoya's face was badly swollen and a small bone under one eye had been broken.

* The Marquez, Diaz Syndrome

On March 15 of this year, Pacquiao won a split decision over Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight that featured speed, endurance, tactics and brawling. Three months later, Pacquiao knocked out David Diaz in the ninth round. Diaz was a bigger fighter who could brawl and take a punch. Pacquiao had prepared for De La Hoya by taking on a little bit of everything.

The Diaz fight was Pacquiao's 12th fight in the same five-year period in which De La Hoya had six. Pacquiao's record in that span is 10-1-1.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post
    Both look in great shape, but Oscar definitely has the size advantage. If Oscar took this fight he should win by TKO. I believe that even if he wins a decision, he will be loosing. This is a fight that he cautiously selected (big name, small body) and he is trying to make it look as a bigger threat than it really should be. Just imagine all risks for Hopkins for fighting Hatton. If Oscar wants to be recognized as the best boxer he had to fight the best of his division. Why he did not take a fight with Margarito??

Oscar should win, but I believe that Pacman speed will give him some difficulties and will land his left hand couple of times on the Golden Boy's face.
    That goes both ways. Pac had PLENTY of big fights at 130 and 135...but he too choose the "event" fight. That's the business of boxing. No need to just pick on Oscar. After all...he never forced Pac to fight him. Not to mention Oscar wanted the rematch with Floyd before this fight. As for the weigh in...both look in great shape. I am actually surprised at how good Oscar looks...he doesn't look too weight drained. The size difference was realyy obvious at the face off...Pac had on sneakers...and he was still looking up at Oscar.

Thread Information