Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    I've always thought it doesn't make sense why they have a bunch of other fighters crowding around at the weigh ins and in the ring before fights.. Officials, yes.. trainers/team, yes.. Promoters, yes. But just flashing around the celebs behind the weigh in pics is slightly gay... I can't think of the amount of times i've seen Hopkins big Noggin getting in amongst the action of other fighters... it annoys me frankly...

It should just be the Pac/Hoya show...
    Its a bit sad if you ask me. Hopkins, Mosley and DLH trying to show "solidarity" at the weigh in. How gay is that?? Seen it too many times now. I can understand them wanting to see the fight but to go to the weigh in is a bit pointless. And Im getting a bit tired of Ricky wearing that hat too. It looks a bit silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I've always thought it doesn't make sense why they have a bunch of other fighters crowding around at the weigh ins and in the ring before fights.. Officials, yes.. trainers/team, yes.. Promoters, yes. But just flashing around the celebs behind the weigh in pics is slightly gay... I can't think of the amount of times i've seen Hopkins big Noggin getting in amongst the action of other fighters... it annoys me frankly...

Its a bit sad if you ask me. Hopkins, Mosley and DLH trying to show "solidarity" at the weigh in. How gay is that?? Seen it too many times now. I can understand them wanting to see the fight but to go to the weigh in is a bit pointless. And Im getting a bit tired of Ricky wearing that hat too. It looks a bit silly.

can i add..

notice those THE RING shirts they are wearing? they have golden boy logo in there too.. man that sucks.. id rather see a boxers face in there than a promotional company... get my point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True.. You can just picture Ricky with a beer in his hand while he's wearing that hat..
    Even if they just stood on stage around it wouldn't be as bad.. But for the main, main face off weigh in picture, why the hell does Hopkins need to be right in the middle of them... That's the part that realllly annoys me..
    Last edited by Dizaster; 12-06-2008 at 07:29 AM.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fellow Filipinos:
    The fight will be streamed in wap.smart.com.ph if you are in the Philippines. You can watch the fight if you have a 3G cellphone.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta say ODLH does not look as weight drained as I thought he would. Now that doesn't mean he isn't... He looks OK, but I pictured him more drained then that.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call me crazy, but I like when there's fighters around for the events...

There's a video on YouTube during a boxing event in Mexico where about 12 Mexican Greats all showed up to the event and it was great to see all of them shaking hands and sharing a laugh...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Weigh In Of Featherweight Vs Middleweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Weigh In Of Featherweight Vs Middleweight

Lol!

It aint that bad.

La Motta was 15 lbs heavier than SRR during the weigh in.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A standard question at an traveling circus.....do you have good corn dogs ?

Are we setting up 'outs' should the Diva pummel the life sized action figure when once the bell rings ......with that thead title

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh I thought this thread was about the Duddy Vs Hearns fight coming up. Nevermind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really surprised Oscar was 2 pounds under, another 5 and he could fight at LWW!!!!

I thought he would struggle to be honest, you have to applaud his determination, he managed it, comfortably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Lol!

It aint that bad.

La Motta was 15 lbs heavier than SRR during the weigh in.
    Lamotta was a brawler who lost 25% of his fights.

Pacquiao is in against one of the most well rounded fighters in boxing, and he is much shorter, whereas Robinson was taller, He is less technically skilled whereas Robinson was vastly superior in technique to Lamotta. Robinson has a great chin, and has never truly been knocked out, Pacquiao has been. Pacquiao is a warrior, but is he a Robinson type warrior? I am not sure anyone these days is, but he is as close as they come, but there are too many factors playing against him, for Pacquiao to be a favorite, I think its closer than Calzaghe-Jones, and less of mismatch, but the outcome could be much more devastating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KKisser View Post

Why is Shane looking at pacs ass?, we knew he likes asian but didnt knew about it that way

I Think JMM vs Hatton may happen.
    I think the bigger question is..what is Roach staring at?

Whatever it is he seems amazed
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

XaduBoxer Guest

De La Hoya did not train hard

link: De La Hoya did not train hard - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

First Posted 16:17:00 12/06/2008
    LAS VEGAS, Nevada -- The Super Puncher who has trained with Oscar De La Hoya and has been calling out Manny Pacquiao just let a stinky little scoop seep out of Big Bear Camp: The Golden Boy may not have trained as hard as has been portrayed.

Edwin Valero, the knockout artist badly needing a big-time bout to cement his status as a rising boxing superstar, surprisingly picked Pacquiao to knock De La Hoya out in their “Dream Match” Saturday at the MGM Grand’s Garden Arena here.

And his reason is simple.

“Oscar doesn’t like to workout,” the Venezuelan basher revealed through an interpreter Friday after the official weigh-in of the year’s biggest boxing event. Valero said he saw clips of Pacquiao’s training camp and felt that the Filipino ring sensation put in more work for the coming welterweight slugfest.

“Oscar doesn’t like to run,” added the 27-year-old undefeated super featherweight. “Pacquiao is going to knock Oscar out.”

Valero had a front-row seat to De La Hoya’s training at the Big Bear camp in California. He was signed up to join Team Golden Boy to give the six-division champion a taste of what it feels like to go up against a hard-hitting southpaw.

Pacquiao tipped the scales at a surprising 142 lbs during Friday’s weigh-in, numbers that prodded American trainer Freddie Roach to take a close look at the scales when De La Hoya stepped on it.

De La Hoya came in at 145 lbs.

“I was surprised at my weight,” Pacquiao told journalists Friday night at his suite at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. “Before I went to the weigh-in, I checked my weight and came at 146 lbs.”

The undefeated Valero, whose 24 victories are all knockouts, including 19 in the first round, also revealed that De la Hoya’s pronouncement that he prepared as hard as he could for his welterweight showdown with Pacquiao is not the only uttered by the Golden Boy.

“I was the one who gave Oscar the black eye,” Valero said. “Ask him who did it.”

De La Hoya had earlier said in interviews that another sparring mate, Victor Ortiz, had given him the shiner. In fact, during Wednesday’s press conference, De La Hoya even thanked Ortiz for the black eye; saying it jolted him to the realization that he had to put in more work for the fight.

“He’s lying,” Valero said. “I got kicked out of Big Bear because of that. I only sparred with Oscar for eight rounds because after those eight rounds, Oscar didn’t want to spar with me anymore.”

“I hurt Oscar a lot.”

Valero still hopes he can earn a shot at Pacquiao even at the light welterweight ranks where the Gen. Santos City native vows to end his career.

“I’ve been waiting for years for (a fight with) Pacquiao,” Valero said. “I’ll fight him at 140 lbs if he wants.”

Pacquiao has said he is eyeing Ricky Hatton as a next possible foe after De La Hoya and that he intends to fight just two more times after Saturday’s “Dream Match.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

Call me crazy, but I like when there's fighters around for the events...

There's a video on YouTube during a boxing event in Mexico where about 12 Mexican Greats all showed up to the event and it was great to see all of them shaking hands and sharing a laugh...
    I'm a bit of a sentimental one myself, so that sounds like a cool thing... I think Hopkins getting right in the middle of every shot though is a bit much.. But I see you're good side of it though..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Thread Information