Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

Alright everyone it's go time....

Saddos is handing out EXTRA protective gear for this one...
    Remember protect yourselves at all times and keep the punches above the waist. Any intentional fouls WILL be sorted.

ODLH supporters RED:

Pac supporters BLACK:

WARNING: PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW PICTURES OF GIRLS IN BIKINIS BELOW
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 12-03-2008 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: + The Dream Match + Let's talk!! (Pics. & Vids)

In case anyone needed any more hyping, I posted a thread that has a bunch of video clips. Pretty entertaining.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...e-la-hoya.html

Oh boy! I think I'm more anxious to see how this forum will be on Sunday than watching the fight itself. I'll do my usual and "linger in the shadows" and watch all the arguments unfold until I'm ready to give in my two cents when everyone has taken a breath and recovered.

I'm honestly starting to feel like not watching the fight because I don't think I could watch Manny get knocked out. Plus I'm having the largest boxing event party at my place since I started hosting and I feel like I'm bringing in a bunch of people who will be sulking in a large group!

My pops and my uncles are even planning on putting up decorations. It's going to be one hectic night at my place...

If Pac wins, hope all the fans rejoice in the victory. If Oscar does, hope all the people who wanted to see Pac lose embrace the moment. Either way, whoever tunes in, enjoy the fight!!

(as long as it lasts)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I ordered some grub that will last us...
    Not like the other times where the food runs out... (cough! spicoli cough!!)

Alright I special ordered these HUGE ass Nachos...

Can't forget the drinks...

Being that this is a SPECIAL occasion no beer will be served...
    Hard liquor ONLY...

EVERYONE before coming in MUST take a double shot of tequila...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mick, if you knew how many shots of tequila will be in my system come fight night, you would be worried for me!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't forget the ladies...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya know, I actually want to see Pac win as I genuinely like the guy.

But I am afraid of the possible ramifications of such a thing. As in, one giant, collective and jubilant Pac fan head explosion.

Hope it is a good fight, whatever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Ya know, I actually want to see Pac win as I genuinely like the guy.

But I am afraid of the possible ramifications of such a thing. As in, one giant, collective and jubilant Pac fan head explosion.

Hope it is a good fight, whatever happens.
    If Pac wins, I might have to make my hiatus between posts last til 2009 cause some people will just go nuts!

XaduBoxer Guest

Latest pics (less than a day old):

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Can't forget the ladies...

I'll pass the fight and hang around here for the weekend instead...

...I'll drag along Saddoboxer with me...
    Last edited by pacfan; 12-03-2008 at 05:10 PM.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

XaduBoxer Guest

Default PAC has a chance to win ...

This thread is dedicated to those analysis with PAC winning the fight:

link --> 411mania.com: Sports - Manny Pacquiao Will Win

Why will he win? Let me tell you.

He is a fighter..a very good one

Manny " Pacman" Pacquiao is the utter definition of a pure fighter. He loves fighting and loves training to better his craft. With Freddie Roach's help Pacman has evolved from a one handed fighter with raw talent to the worlds top pound for pound fighter in the world.

He is 13-1 over the last couple years. Not 13-1 against soft opposition.

He has fought the best competition there is in the weight classes he has fought in. He as defeated many Mexican Hall of Fame fighters who were once indestructible. Not only has he beaten them he has batter them. Most, if not all those fights include the opponent tasting the canvas as the result from Pacman's punches.

Needless to say Pacquiao is a complete fighter with his fighter ability or "likeness" still thriving. De La Hoya is not a fighter.

DLH has failed to taste victory against Bernard Hopkins, Felix Sturm, or Floyd Mayweather. He has only been able to stop Ricardo Mayorga. Yes, Ricardo "Run Though" Mayorga was the last opponent DLH was able to stop. He couldn't even hurt Steve Forbes, who is a natural lightweight. Steve Forbes didn't run from DLH. He stood his ground and fought with DLH.

After the fight DLH looked more bruised than Forbes did.

Forbes doesn't have any power at all. If Steve Forbes, who only has 9 KO s in 33 fights can beat up DLH then I assure you that Manny "The Mexicutioner" Pacquiao has the ability to do it.

De La Hoya's conditioning

Yes, Yes we all know Oscar…your in the best shape of your life…we know. The thing is that that is simply not good enough. DLH is known for getting tried in the later rounds. He did it against Mayweather, he did it against Sturm, and guess what? He will do it against Pacquiao.

Add to the mix the large amount of weight DLH has to lose before stepping into the ring and you have a major problem on DLH's hands.

2001 - That is the last time DLH has weighed in at 147 lbs. That is a eight almost nine year difference. DLH will no doubt be dehydrated and drained come fight night.

Speed, Speed, Speed

"My speed will make a difference in this fight".

Seriously how many times does Pacquiao need to tell you this before you understand that Manny's speed will make a difference in this fight.

DLH's weakness is speed and will always be speed. His closest fights and the fights he has lost has mostly been against quick handed fighters.

Don't believe me?

Oscar has been defeated by the likes of Floyd Mayweather is who one, if not the fastest fighter in the planet, Bernard Hopkins was exceptionally fast at middleweight and Shane Mosley (twice) has always been know for his fast combinations especially at lightweight. He has also received very close and controversial decisions against speedy Ike Quartey.

Manny Pacquiao is without a doubt gifted with lighting fast hand speed. David Diaz (pictured above napping in the ring after a Pacman left hand) faced Pacqauio at his heaviest weight (135 lbs) and he sure didn't have a problem with telling the HBO's Jim Lampley how fast he really is.

"He was so fu*king fast, amazingly fast. He was a lot faster than what I expected. I thought Freddie was in there hitting me too".

Yeah Pacqauio is fuc*king fast. Morales, Barrera, and Marquez can also testament to Pacqaio's speed.

So if Steve Forbes can hit DLH constantly with 12 rounds, stand his ground, and not get hurt. Just imagine what Pacqauio can do with his fuc*king fast hands.

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: PAC has a chance to win ...

link --> Oscar and Manny: Curiosity, money and an empty 45? | Boxing News, Results, & Rankings - 15rounds.com

There is one virtuous Golden Boy scenario to consider: Pacquiao hurts De La Hoya early.

Don’t scoff. Not just yet. Give me a chance.

De La Hoya’s greatest weapon is a hybrid left hook/uppercut he calls his “45” – the angle at which the punch is delivered. But Pacquiao’s southpaw stance neutralizes much of its effect. De La Hoya’s 45 is best thrown over an oncoming orthodox fighter’s lowered right hand. That fighter’s chin sits at the end of De La Hoya’s extended left arm. Pacquiao’s chin will be closer and moving forward faster. Pacquiao’s right hand will be higher – for being in the lead.

With his 45 neutralized De La Hoya has to rely on his jab. But Pacquiao’s awfully quick. If he can slip De La Hoya’s jab he can pressure De La Hoya. Then it becomes a battle between Pacquiao’s left cross and De La Hoya’s right. Thirty pounds or otherwise, my money is on Pacquiao’s left.

So let’s imagine Pacquiao catches De La Hoya straight on the beard with a leaping left cross. De La Hoya drops. He rises. Then Pacquiao attacks, the best closer since Alec Baldwin in “Glengarry Glen Ross.” And De La Hoya withstands the onslaught. Now what?

De La Hoya has an opportunity to adjust, survive and outmaneuver both Pacquiao and trainer Freddie Roach – De La Hoya’s one-time trainer. If he can do this then win decisively, he can save his franchise.

How about that? A well-matched fight with ebb and flow and someone hitting the blue mat. Sounds like a recipe for any great fight. Maybe “The Dream Match” isn’t so different after all.

Time for a pick, then? No. I still don’t know who’s going to win.

XaduBoxer Guest

link --> 411mania.com: Sports - Five Reasons Why Pacquiao Will Beat De La Hoya

As promised however, today we look at the five reasons why Manny Pacquiao will beat Oscar De La Hoya.

Let the discussions begin!

1. Manny's speed will be a factor. - Manny possesses the kind of speed that could give Oscar all sorts of problems. We know that guys like Mayweather and Mosley gave him a tough fight and both of those guys shared one thing: fast hands. Pacquiao not only has quick hands but also quick feet and when Manny's on his game, you'll see him darting in and out, landing his vaulted left hand and moving out of harm's way. At this stage of his career, Oscar has definitely slowed down as shown by his fight with Steve Forbes. Though he won a unanimous decision, Forbes showed that he could land his punches on De La Hoya, and even managed to bang him up a little bit. Forbes is no Pacquiao and with those zipping punches that seem to come out of nowhere, Oscar may be left standing befuddled inside that ring. Also remember that Manny, being the shorter guy will be able to unload fast combinations on the inside - somewhere Oscar doesn't spend much time in.

2. Pac-Man's in his prime, Oscar is not. - If we were to judge both Oscar and Manny solely on their previous fight, there'd be no question as to whom the favorite would be. Oscar beat Forbes, but looked lackadaisical while Manny destroyed David Diaz, looking sharp, confident and like an all-out beast. Boxing is a young man's sport (though Bernard Hopkins may tell you otherwise) and while Oscar's reflexes, speed and agility have dwindled, Manny's abilities only seem to be getting better.

3. Conditioning favors Pacquiao. We've all heard it before. Oscar tends to tire as a fight wears on. As Oscar gets a little older, his conditioning won't get much better. Pacquiao no the other hand is a relentless machine - not for 5 rounds, not for 9 rounds, for 12 rounds! Manny has proven time and time again that the can give it his all for the entirety of a fight. Can Oscar withstand that type of pressure? Can he keep Manny off of him long enough to mount his own offense? Manny won't tire; Oscar might. If Manny can stay in Oscar's face the entire night, then it's going to be a long evening for the Golden Boy.

4. The pressure's on Oscar. - Oscar is the odds on favorite. Manny knows that the pressure is on Oscar to beat him and beat him convincingly. He's the larger man and only sneaking by Pacquiao would look bad for De La Hoya. That means that Manny isn't as concerned with how he has to look in the ring. Regardless of how he beats De La Hoya, he'll come out golden. Even if he loses by close decision, Manny and his team including Freddie Roach will get a lot of credit for taking the fight and looking good. The only thing Manny has to concern himself with is not getting knocked out and putting up a good fight. I'd rather be in his shoes that in Oscar's where he says he needs a knockout. I think he needs one too. Look for Pacquiao to be as relaxed as can be in a fight of this magnitude. Something tells me we'll see Pac-Man smiling on his way to the ring while Oscar will have a look of stone.

5. Pacquiao's team is hungrier. - Perhaps it's not fair to say that Manny is the hungrier fighter. Oscar De La Hoya wants this win bad, but Manny would love nothing more than to add De La Hoya to his list of victims. Already with a hall of fame worthy career, a win would make him a lock, no questions asked. Manny has already stated that he'd love to fight Ricky Hatton after this fight, meaning he has a lot of big plans for his future. Freddie Roach had even told Manny that he wouldn't charge him a thing should he lose this fight. They even cancelled his farewell event yesterday afternoon because Roach found some new weaknesses in Oscar's game and they decided to train for one more day instead. Manny is in biggest fight of his career - not so the case for De La Hoya. Manny has never been in this sort of megafight before while Oscar certainly has. That should give Pacquiao the psychological edge. Remember the saying, "Eye of the Tiger".

We've now looked at five reasons why each fighter should win this fight. As we've seen, there are other intangibles that will be key in this fight, besides the size discrepancy. So who wins this fight? Will Oscar knockout Manny? Will Manny wear down Oscar over 12 rounds? Unfortunately these are questions that only Pacquiao and De La Hoya can answer, but lucky for us, we'll get to find out in a matter of days.

As 411mania arrives to Las Vegas on Wednesday morning, stay tuned for coverage of the final press conference as well as the final weigh-in on Friday. We will also partake in a roundtable discussion with both trainers (Beristain and Roach) on Thursday afternoon. Finally check back with 411mania on Saturday night as we'll bring you live round by round coverage of the big fight.

Till then, see you at the fights!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't make me dislike one of my favorite fighters.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Don't make me dislike one of my favorite fighters.

Why dislike? There's no reason to dislike... These are all objective analysis that can possibly happen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac mania is getting on my nerves already... Hope to see you Saddoboxer here after fight night regardless of what happen..

Pac chances?

if Goldie the businessman will appear in the ring maybe a slim chance but if Goldie the boxer man that would be a tall order...

relax mate your hero is 4 days away from his most devastating lost or most impressive win...

Thread Information