Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default De La Hoya- Mayweather II, Hatton- Pacman

Both these fights will happen in 2009... Ill explain why.
    There was no interest in a rematch right after Floyd beat Oscar and Oscar wanted an rematch and still does. As of next week Oscar will have back to back wins and a rematch with Mayweather will make more $$. Mainly for two reasons. Oscar will look good Saturday to the public, and people will wonder if the time off hurt Mayweather. It will be deemed a pick em' fight by most Oddsmakers and boxing fans.

On to Pacquio. He will lose Saturday. He will hang with Oscar though and gain respect and interest in a Hatton fight by the public will be stronger than ever. Pacs stock will remain high and Hattons stock went back up after dominating Malignaggi. The fight will happen at Light Welterweight.

I also believe the winner of the two fights will likely face each other in yet another big PPV event. 2009 is going to be huge money maker for HBO fighters and a safe one. Im noticing a trend where Oscar, Mayweather, and Hatton never cross paths with Margarito, Williams, and Cotto and I dont see that changing anytime soon.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: De La Hoya- Mayweather II, Hatton- Pacman

Sooner or later they will have to come looking for MArgo, especially after he beats Mosley. I have doubts as to how bad Cotto wants to get in the ring with Margo again, he seen that it wasnt just talk about him begin feared.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Sooner or later they will have to come looking for MArgo, especially after he beats Mosley. I have doubts as to how bad Cotto wants to get in the ring with Margo again, he seen that it wasnt just talk about him begin feared.
    I think Cotto needs a good confidence builder fight before going anywhere near Margarito. I dont think he would beat Margarito in a rematch, but it would go the distance imo and be close...though it wouldnt surprise me if Marg stopped him within 6 either. Cotto vs. Clottey or Berto would be good to watch. Tough call on either too.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    There was no interest in a rematch right after Floyd beat Oscar and Oscar wanted an rematch and still does. As of next week Oscar will have back to back wins and a rematch with Mayweather will make more $$. Mainly for two reasons. Oscar will look good Saturday to the public, and people will wonder if the time off hurt Mayweather. It will be deemed a pick em' fight by most Oddsmakers and boxing fans.

On to Pacquio. He will lose Saturday. He will hang with Oscar though and gain respect and interest in a Hatton fight by the public will be stronger than ever. Pacs stock will remain high and Hattons stock went back up after dominating Malignaggi. The fight will happen at Light Welterweight.

I also believe the winner of the two fights will likely face each other in yet another big PPV event. 2009 is going to be huge money maker for HBO fighters and a safe one. Im noticing a trend where Oscar, Mayweather, and Hatton never cross paths with Margarito, Williams, and Cotto and I dont see that changing anytime soon.
    I think if Cotto had beaten Margarito he would've been in for fights with those guys, and it would've been him fighting ODLH instead of Manny (which would've been less of a joke as a fight). The fact is though that Oscar, Ricky & PBF are only going to be fighting 'names' that are recognizable to your casual sports fan. I can see this from people talking on facebook about being worried Oscar might get knocked out by Pac saying they've just seen some old re-runs of his fights on tv for the first time.

I would much rather seen Oscar take on Margarito, but the fact is it wouldn't have created the same demand among the general public as him fighting the p4p#1, even if the guy should probably be fighting at least 15lbs below him. If Margarito beats Mosley (which I think he easily will) he may well get the profile to get a 'super-fight'. Williams will probably have to wait till he gets a shot at Pavlik eventually before he gains any kind of profile.

I don't like it but sadly its the way the world works & I can't blame the fighters for wanting to make money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post

I think if Cotto had beaten Margarito he would've been in for fights with those guys, and it would've been him fighting ODLH instead of Manny (which would've been less of a joke as a fight). The fact is though that Oscar, Ricky & PBF are only going to be fighting 'names' that are recognizable to your casual sports fan. I can see this from people talking on facebook about being worried Oscar might get knocked out by Pac saying they've just seen some old re-runs of his fights on tv for the first time.

I would much rather seen Oscar take on Margarito, but the fact is it wouldn't have created the same demand among the general public as him fighting the p4p#1, even if the guy should probably be fighting at least 15lbs below him. If Margarito beats Mosley (which I think he easily will) he may well get the profile to get a 'super-fight'. Williams will probably have to wait till he gets a shot at Pavlik eventually before he gains any kind of profile.

I don't like it but sadly its the way the world works & I can't blame the fighters for wanting to make money
    no you cat blame the fighters for going after the money, I dont know who wouldnt fight Oscar. Him wanting to fight you is like hitting the lottery.

Thread Information