Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default DANA WHITE:"Pacquiao-De La Hoya, Bad Day For Boxing"

By Mark Vester

The president of the UFC, Dana White, was not impressed with the Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar De La Hoya HBO pay-per-view. He said HBO's production of the pay-per-view was terrible, there was no proper pacing with the pay-per-view event - which is likely because of the terrible undercard that was packed with mismatches.

“Did you see the production? And that was HBO. Maybe they should give us some of their Emmys. The pacing was awful. There was no energy in the crowd. They had to loop Pacquiao’s music when he came out because he had to walk so far…. I love boxing as a sport and I came from boxing, but this was a bad day for boxing," White told Yahoo Sports .

White predicts that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is going to come out of retirement to fight Pacquiao and he picks Mayweather to pull out the win, but he doesn't agree that Pacquiao's win is a passing of the torch because he doesn't believe that any fighter will be able to draw crowds and sell pay-per-views like Oscar De La Hoya.

[Floyd] Mayweather’s probably running out of money and will probably return to face Pacquiao, and I’d pick Mayweather in that one, but nobody is going to draw like De La Hoya does,” White said.

Your thoughts guys...
    He maybe right regarding the undercard but... KIndly tell this guy to mind his own business... he is stupid and BS making comment about boxing where he has no business and want to put the sport down..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DANA WHITE:"Pacquiao-De La Hoya, Bad Day For Boxing"

Dana White sucks but that undercard was an embarrassment. Maybe Ortiz-Resto looked slightly better on paper but that still sucked.

But they know people will pay for it anyway so why spend the money trying to make some dream card which we'll drool about it but won't bring in many more buys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone should tell that dill that boxing fans go to watch a fight, not a ring entrance.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the hell am I talking about "Ortiz-Resto looked better on paper", no it didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F**K Dana White !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really hate Dana White.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight got huge coverage. It was on every tv in the bar I was at. This morning i umped online and it was on the front page of Yahoo, in the papers, news stations. It brought interest and the one thing I noticed about non boxing fans is that 1. they knew who Oscar was 2. They thought he was still one of the best in the world. 3. The weight class thing didnt seem to be a factor. They saw the skills and speed of Pac and they liked it. More entertaining than Oscar-Mayweather to them becuse the one guy they knew of was getting beaten up. Dana White doesnt like that it got much more coverage than his ppv.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DLH vs Pac was excellent for boxing. It made ordinary people interested in boxing. Dana can speak her mind but we won't believe her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    This fight got huge coverage. It was on every tv in the bar I was at. This morning i umped online and it was on the front page of Yahoo, in the papers, news stations. It brought interest and the one thing I noticed about non boxing fans is that 1. they knew who Oscar was 2. They thought he was still one of the best in the world. 3. The weight class thing didnt seem to be a factor. They saw the skills and speed of Pac and they liked it. More entertaining than Oscar-Mayweather to them becuse the one guy they knew of was getting beaten up. Dana White doesnt like that it got much more coverage than his ppv.
    True, he didn't like it that boxing got a lot of press & if Manny fights Ricky and/or Floyd, more boxing press coverage. He's probably also nervous about the economy. I read MMA fans tend to be younger so in a tough economy those fans probably won't be as likely to put out $40 for a PPV MMA card. Boxing has history & MMA is trying to build theirs, tough to do on PPV if the economy tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRazor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    True, he didn't like it that boxing got a lot of press & if Manny fights Ricky and/or Floyd, more boxing press coverage. He's probably also nervous about the economy. I read MMA fans tend to be younger so in a tough economy those fans probably won't be as likely to put out $40 for a PPV MMA card. Boxing has history & MMA is trying to build theirs, tough to do on PPV if the economy tanks.
    Yeah he probably feels more pressure cause MMA hasnt proven its longevity like boxing. Any publicity is good publicity i guess.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is going to be weird not hearing everyone calling out for a fight with De La Hoya. But there are too many good fighters nowadays for boxing to die out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has a point it wasn't the best coverage. Dana just comes across as pretty negative most of the time it seems. Doesn't have much good to say about anything.
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post
    He has a point it wasn't the best coverage. Dana just comes across as pretty negative most of the time it seems. Doesn't have much good to say about anything.
    His points are spot on, even if he is a tit. It's every single ppv nowadays, where the crowd are asleep except for the main event. But setting up a good undercard costs money unfortunately, and there aren't that many big name draws in the sport so they spread the fighters around.

El Kabong Guest

Dana can say all he wants to .....as soon as one of his fighters can beat a boxer (in boxing of course).

If MMA is supposed to be the "best of all martial arts" then they should have the best boxers and they don't and that's why he's crying.....that and the fact his shitty UFC could never compete with the buys De la Hoya, Pacquiao, or Mayweather Jr. can create.

Dana White is a worthless piece of shit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh well, we can all slam Dana White but he's right about a few things here.

Thread Information