Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Froch - What Next for the Cobra...?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch - What Next for the Cobra...?

Taylor is the mandatory but theres Bute and Kessler out there for him.
    I personaly want to see hime smash up Taylor in the US and make a big statement then take it from there
    I have no doubt he'd take Taylor inside the distance and the fact he fought Pascal with a cracked rib and had just got over a perforated ear drum and was cut a week ago in sparring just makes me think he can do it even more.
    Froch/Hennessey want Calzaghe at catchweight but i'd forget all about that as he (Froch) to be fair still isn't box office in the eyes of Calzaghe (£$£$£$£) which is a shame as it'd be one hell of a tear-up and imo the toughest test Joe has out there at any weight.
    What do you think..?
    Last edited by smashup; 12-08-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch - What Next for the Cobra...?

i hope he fights all the best guys out there , i mean hes already 31 ,
    bring on Kessler etc , im not sure he can beat him but it should be exciting.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

froch is in a great postion now. He has some great fights to make.. I agree he should go to the states and smash Taylor, that would give him the exposure. He then has a number of big fights which could be made, and with he size it would be no problem for him to step up to LH and fight Dawson at some point in his career..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should fight Taylor at Madison Square Garden and the match should be televised on HBO.

Froch hasn't seen Taylor type speed.

Too early to predict a winner in that fight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see Taylor taking a fully fit Froch's power and Froch is a great finisher when he's got his man wobbled.
    Gonna be interesting to see just how far he can go and i agree with Vienna that he could easily make the jump up in weight if he chose too as he's a big super middle.
    Great times again for the UK scene

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch could easily have a better record than calzaghe at SMW if he goes for the big fights in the next few years. I mean JC just didnt have the competition there, but now froch has got Kessler, Taylor, Bute, Andrade, Pavlik, Mundine all as possible oppenents.. Good times ahead..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Taylor is the mandatory but theres Bute and Kessler out there for him.
    I personaly want to see hime smash up Taylor in the US and make a big statement then take it from there
    I have no doubt he'd take Taylor inside the distance and the fact he fought Pascal with a cracked rib and had just got over a perforated ear drum and was cut a week ago in sparring just makes me think he can do it even more.
    Froch/Hennessey want Calzaghe at catchweight but i'd forget all about that as he (Froch) to be fair still isn't box office in the eyes of Calzaghe (£$£$£$£) which is a shame as it'd be one hell of a tear-up and imo the toughest test Joe has out there at any weight.
    What do you think..?
    Smashup no offense but i don't get what you see in Carl Froch, that makes you think he could beat Jermain Taylor ETC. I like Carl Froch and im rooting for him all the way.

But he has a horrible defense his power isn't as good as everyone thought, and his speed is just mediocre. Yes he has a good chin and yes he showed a championship heart.

But his flaws are alarming and i think he would get whooped by Joe Calzaghe, and i think he would lose to Lucian Bute, Jermain Taylor ETC.

I just don't see anything special in him, of course im going to be rooting him all the way. But honestly i think he loses to most of the top boys, lets just remember Jean Pascal isn't no world beater.

Even though Jean Pascal himself showed a good chin and a championship heart, like Carl Froch. He is still limited himself and its not like he can hit as dangerous as some of the top Super Middleweights.

And he had Carl Froch in trouble many times, unless Carl Froch seriously improves on his defense then were going to have another British fighter. Losing his belt very shortly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to see Froch fight Andrade, Bute or Kessler
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ice....i just think Froch has a Naz like style that fighters hate to face and agree that Calzaghe would ruin him but Calzaghe would ruin anyone as he's on another level fitness,speed,recovery,skill and the ability to adjust to any style mid fight when needed BUT Taylor has either bored me silly (B-Hop snoozefests) or been exposed as a chinny charlatain.
    The Pavlik fight proved this and Pavlik is predictable and fights in straight lines whereas Froch throws from all angles and would find taylor a sitting Duck and the word Duck springs to mind when mentioning some of the SM's in the division that were lined up to face Froch
    Froch def has flaws and needs to fire off the jab way more but to be fair he was nursing a cracked rib and clearly wasn't firing on all cylinders.
    Bare that in mind and i think he looked v impressive.
    I honestly think the two men who would test him the most are Calzaghe and Kessler.
    All the rest i see Froch beating and the good news is that we WILL see him against some of these fighters next year!!
    can't wait and there are some cracking bouts to be made for 2009 at SM!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to think that Froch will perform better next time out, dont get me wrong was a great tearup but as a performance it was far from what he and McCracken would have wanted. He got a bit excited in there and was blowing out of his arse after a few rounds, he settled down and boxed nicely at times but Pascal was always there and ready to crack him on the chin.

He wont get to fight Calzaghe so lets forget that, he'd get a lesson anyway everyone else mentioned would make for good fights.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Ice....i just think Froch has a Naz like style that fighters hate to face and agree that Calzaghe would ruin him but Calzaghe would ruin anyone as he's on another level fitness,speed,recovery,skill and the ability to adjust to any style mid fight when needed BUT Taylor has either bored me silly (B-Hop snoozefests) or been exposed as a chinny charlatain.
    The Pavlik fight proved this and Pavlik is predictable and fights in straight lines whereas Froch throws from all angles and would find taylor a sitting Duck and the word Duck springs to mind when mentioning some of the SM's in the division that were lined up to face Froch
    Froch def has flaws and needs to fire off the jab way more but to be fair he was nursing a cracked rib and clearly wasn't firing on all cylinders.
    Bare that in mind and i think he looked v impressive.
    I honestly think the two men who would test him the most are Calzaghe and Kessler.
    All the rest i see Froch beating and the good news is that we WILL see him against some of these fighters next year!!
    can't wait and there are some cracking bouts to be made for 2009 at SM!
    Can't really argue with that solid post except i think your being a bit unfair to Jermain Taylor. I still think he would be a very hard test for Carl Froch. Jermain Taylor is highly skilled, has a solid jab. And is pretty fast.

He does have bad stamina problems which i think are caused, by nervous energy. I wouldn't really call him chinny, Kelly Pavlik no matter if he was exposed by Bernard Hopkins.

Doesn't change the fact he can still bang, and it was an accumulation of punishment that finished off Jermain Taylor.

I'll tell you who i am also a fan of in the Super Middleweight division. And thats Lucian Bute i think he is very highly skilled, and he just made a mistake trying to exchange with Librado Andrade in the last round.

But don't let that fool you, he was the first man to stop Kabary Salem. Who knocked down Joe Calzaghe heavily. He also handled Sakio Bika quite comfortably.

I think he would be a even tougher test for Carl Froch than Jermain Taylor would, i also would like to see how Carl Froch would handle an aggressive tough fighter like Sakio Bika or Librado Andrade.

But whoever he picks he really has a ton of names too choose from. All i know is that all his fights now must be of the highest quality, because he hasn't got time to waste his career fighting shit fighters, at 31.

Lastly i don't mind the low hand style some of my favorite fighters, used that style. But i think Carl Froch should hold his hands up a little higher, because he isn't quick enough to use that style against top quality opposition IMO.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-08-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I wasn't that impressed with Froch on Saturday. It was a great fight, but I had him just shading it at 115-113 against a guy who didn't look the finished article, whereas I'm not sure just how much he can improve. I think he would beat Mundine & I think he could pull it off against Taylor, if he follows what Pavlik did & punches him relentlessly.

However, all this talk of him against Calzaghe is stupid. Joe is only interested in big name fights, which is why he's not even sure about fighting Dawson, & I think Dawson & maybe Hopkins agen are the only fights there for him. I think he would beat Froch very comfortably.

Back to Froch, between him & Bute it just depends where it's fought, of course assuming it went the distance. UK = Froch win, Canada = Bute. I don't think Froch can beat Kessler simply because Kessler does things that little bit better. The one fighter I think he would struggle with the most is Andrade because I think that once he saw a guy walking through his punches, his gameplan would falter a bit as it did on saturday, & I'd fancy Andrade to knock him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another thing Froch really wants to unify the division, i think he will chase only the big fighs as he knows he's left things late.
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't sure but recently have really began to click with Froch.

Forget the defence, he has that warrior-like will to win.

The eye of the tiger ! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jermain Taylor-If he agrees to it.

Thread Information