Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next fight: Pacman vs Mayweather?

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Next fight: Pacman vs Mayweather?

Next fight: Pacman vs Mayweather?

link: Next fight: Pacman vs Mayweather? | The Philippine Star >> News >> Headlines

"Pacquiao, fresh from his eight-round destruction of Oscar de la Hoya at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, said Sunday that the Mayweather camp had sent feelers about a possible fight with the Filipino superstar.

“They sent a message to us that if I beat De la Hoya, he will come out of retirement to face me,” said Pacquiao, referring to Mayweather who suddenly retired after beating De la Hoya and Hatton last year."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Next fight: Pacman vs Mayweather?

That would be AWESOME ! ! ! !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac fighting floyd ??!! Where's that pac vs klitschko thread again...i need to read something more reasonable.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

XaduBoxer Guest

Now PAC starting to have choices... Is it PBF or Hatton next?

We can scratch Klitschko for the mean time...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard the Pacquiao and Calzaghe camps were in talks prior to the De La Hoya fight. But Joe declined because Pac was in his prime and he didn't want to fight a legend that was still fresh...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stories are becoming crazier nowadays. I think this is the effect of Acquired Pac Syndrome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    I heard the Pacquiao and Calzaghe camps were in talks prior to the De La Hoya fight. But Joe declined because Pac was in his prime and he didn't want to fight a legend that was still fresh...
    My "news flash" was complete sarcasm and also a way for me to take a cheap shot at Calzaghe...

XaduBoxer Guest

I thought it would be me going crazy if PAC annihilates Hoya... but I'm pretty much sane while I've noticed many members here acting strangely...

Seriously guyz, here more news on PAC-PBF:

Mayweathers: Floyd wants to fight Pacquiao

link: Mayweathers: Floyd wants to fight Pacquiao - Boxing: News, Blogs, Photos and Stats - MLive.com
    GRAND RAPIDS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants to fight again and has reached out to his father about returning in a training capacity after their estrangement for most of the last eight years, family members said Monday.

Janelle Mayweather, the boxer's cousin, told family members he called her early Sunday morning -- moments after Manny Pacquiao's stirring win over Oscar De La Hoya on Saturday night in Las Vegas -- and stated his hopes to fight again and reunite with his father.

"My niece said my son told her he wanted to fight Pacquiao next, and that he wants me to train him for the fight," Mayweather Sr. said.

Bernice Mayweather said she was not surprised to hear her grandson -- a five-division champion with a 39-0 record, who last fought Dec. 8, 2007 -- wants to return to the ring.

"I always said he was going to fight again," she said. "It was just a matter of time. He was waiting until the time is right. And the time is right. I knew he was going to come out of retirement -- he did it before, didn't he?"
    Janelle Mayweather disclosed her conversation with Mayweather Jr. to family members Sunday at Bernice Mayweather's home on the southeast side. She did not return a telephone message seeking comment.

Latisha Starling, another cousin of the boxer's, also was at Sunday's family get-together.

Starling said she was on the phone with Janelle Mayweather throughout the Pacquiao-De La Hoya fight, "kind of giving her play-by-play."

"Right after the fight ended and I hung up, Janelle said her phone rang again and she thought it was me. But it was Little Floyd, saying he wanted to fight Pacquiao and he had to get in touch with his father," Starling said.
    Fatimah Mayweather, the boxer's sister, also told family members she received a call from her brother, hoping to discuss resuming a working relationship with Mayweather Sr.

Leonard Ellerbe, the boxer's adviser, did not return messages seeking comment.

Mayweather Sr. molded his son's career until a string of disagreements led him to resign in 2001.

He subsequently became one of the most-sought trainers in boxing, while his son went on to become mythical pound-for-pound king under the tutelage of Roger Mayweather, Mayweather Sr.'s brother.

Mayweather Jr. may want to reunite the brothers as co-trainers, a relationship tested before the fighter's 12-round decision victory over De La Hoya last year, when Mayweather Sr. began training camp as interim trainer while his brother finished an assault sentence.

Mayweather Sr. left the camp soon after his brother's release.

Starling said Janelle Mayweather, in recounting to the family her conversation with Mayweather Jr., "said she asked Little Floyd, 'What happens to Roger if you do this?' and he said, 'Oh, there are enough millions to go around, they can both be in my corner.'"

Mayweather Sr. said his son's reaction may be emotional -- Pacquiao assumed the pound-for-pound mantle after Mayweather Jr. retired, and defended it with a sensational eighth-round technical knockout of De La Hoya in Las Vegas -- but added that, regardless the motivation, any resumption of their working relationship would require contractual security.

"I will never be dumbfounded by anything in my life again unless contracts are involved," he said. "At the end of the day, he's still my son, but I'd have to hold him accountable with a contract. I didn't have a contract first time but I never dreamed it would end like that, either."

However, he said money would not be the prinicipal consideration if he entered talks with his son.

"I don't need a whole bunch of money," he said. "I'm a wealthy man. I just need enough to accommodate me for the rest of my time on this earth."

Mayweather Sr. added that he also received a telephone call from his son early Sunday morning but his phone was off and the message was cryptic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: Next fight: Pacman vs Mayweather?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Haha you just made my day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beating ODLH is an outstanding achievement, but let's not get carried away. Floyd Mayweather is 10X better and brings a whole new thing to Pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Beating ODLH is an outstanding achievement, but let's not get carried away. Floyd Mayweather is 10X better and brings a whole new thing to Pac.

I disagree ten times better last I checked Mayweather won 7 rounds to 5 8 to 4 and Oscar won 7to 5. Doesn't seem to be 10 times better also add 1 year on top of that. S**t I wouldn't doubt PAc-man doing the same thing to PBF what he did to Oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post

I disagree ten times better last I checked Mayweather won 7 rounds to 5 8 to 4 and Oscar won 7to 5. Doesn't seem to be 10 times better also add 1 year on top of that. S**t I wouldn't doubt PAc-man doing the same thing to PBF what he did to Oscar.
    You also aren't considering DLH was a year younger and fighting as a junior middleweight when Floyd beat him. This fight would be at 147, where Mayweather is a lot more comfy and embarrassed Ricky Hatton. I dunno about ten times better, but better, yes.
    Oops

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I don't need a whole bunch of money," he said. "I'm a wealthy man. I just need enough to accommodate me for the rest of my time on this earth."

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post

You also aren't considering DLH was a year younger and fighting as a junior middleweight when Floyd beat him. This fight would be at 147, where Mayweather is a lot more comfy and embarrassed Ricky Hatton. I dunno about ten times better, but better, yes.

Coach Roach indicated this early that they would not fight PBF at 147... Maybe at a catch weight of 143 or 144...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

140 would be a good weight i think 147 might be a tko for PBF. it would be a shame to see pacs head in a ring post.

Thread Information