Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kelly Pavlik v. Carl Froch

It's always fun to speculate - who would you favor in a Pavlik v. Froch fight.

Far from happening, but in this Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch Trade Plenty of Insults - Boxing News article, Froch mentions that Pavlik is interested in fighting him.

It may be an interesting match-up.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kelly Pavlik v. Carl Froch

Definetly an interesting matchup... .Really a complete pick em for me... If Froch could take Pavlik's right hand alright then he'd probably win by TKO if not he'd lose early. Have no idea though, Pascal was able to hurt him a little I'm definetly not sold on him being able to take Pavlik's power and Kelly is the more technically sound puncher if nothing else, he'll proably be the first to land big.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch winner, Pavlik should stay at middleweight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The right hand would be there any time for Pavlik.

Pavlik wins, a real beat down I suspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahh... come on...Froch was so easy to hit against Pascal...and you can be sure that Pavlik will have a higher workrate and won't get tired after half the fight...Now if this fight happens and if Pavlik wasn't psychologically damaged by the Hopins beat down...then Pavlik by UD or late TKO...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Ahh... come on...Froch was so easy to hit against Pascal...and you can be sure that Pavlik will have a higher workrate and won't get tired after half the fight...Now if this fight happens and if Pavlik wasn't psychologically damaged by the Hopins beat down...then Pavlik by UD or late TKO...
    Anything could happen, I guess, Pavlik's not the best defensive fighter, technically he could get caught I guess (even so Froch's power seems to be a bit of a myth) but overall this is an easy fight to predict. Not Jones-Calzaghe easy (nothing's that easy) but still not a difficult fight to call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Anything could happen, I guess, Pavlik's not the best defensive fighter, technically he could get caught I guess (even so Froch's power seems to be a bit of a myth) but overall this is an easy fight to predict. Not Jones-Calzaghe easy (nothing's that easy) but still not a difficult fight to call.
    Well...lets agree on a more or less easy win for Pavlik...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sold on Pavlik at anything other than middleweight yet. He needs to prove that his punching power carries into the higher weight classes. His loss could have been more reflective on Bernard's genius than his own limitations, but it could mean he just isn't as effective when fighting bigger opponents. Then again, throughout most of his career Hopkins was a middleweight.

Let's see how he performs in his next fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Pavlik should stop d**king around at SMW. He is his strongest at 160 and looks like he could dominate it like the past greats have. I haven't seen to much of Froch except what you can find on youtube and I really don't see anything great about him. So I really couldn't say but I would go with Pavlik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch to me just comes across very calzaghe/kessler esque in which the tougher the opposition the more he can raise his game.

Make no mistake pascal hurt him, but i can name endless occasions where calzaghe was hurt earlier in his career.

Either way i see froch dominating and earning a points win as pavlik can definitely take a punch (as was shown in the hopkins fight)
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this would actually be I fight I'd love to see, not sure what Pavlik would be like at Smiddle but he'd have no problem finding Frochs chin, has potential to be a fight of the year, I recon either one could stop the other, hopefully they get it on in the future!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well neither of them has good defense but il still give it to Pavlik.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Froch is the best technically, then again nor do I think Pavlik is a great technical fighter either. Froch has NEVER been down as an amateur or pro but in Pavlik he will be meeting a guy who hits harder than any fighter he has faced before. I go Froch simply because I think his chin is more reliable plus I think the Hopkins defeat has really hit Pavlik hard. It's not that Hopkins battered Pavlik, it's more that he out-fought, out-classed him for 12 rounds solid, which in a way is WORSE than getting knocked out. You can put KO defeat down to the fact that you just got caught cold, or with a lucky punch but a one-sided points defeat is much harder to write off.

Froch is tough and game and shows no expression on his face. You never know if he's hurt and keeps on coming. Taylor arguably should have taken out by Pavlik in the 2nd round of their 1st fight and Froch hits harder than Taylor. All in all it's a fight that could well happen, but Pavlik isn’t a super middleweight. He has shown in the Taylor rematch and the Hopkins fight that he is the type of fighter than can only really be effective at one weight. But the fight (if it happened) would most likely be made at S.Middleweight. Hence because of this I go BIG on Froch to stop or knock him out within 6 rounds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could be an interesting fight in which Froch would be a dangerous underdog but I still prefer to see Froch vs Andrade/Bika and Pavlik vs Abraham/Williams. This fight could generate another vacant title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    I don't think Froch is the best technically, then again nor do I think Pavlik is a great technical fighter either. Froch has NEVER been down as an amateur or pro but in Pavlik he will be meeting a guy who hits harder than any fighter he has faced before. I go Froch simply because I think his chin is more reliable plus I think the Hopkins defeat has really hit Pavlik hard. It's not that Hopkins battered Pavlik, it's more that he out-fought, out-classed him for 12 rounds solid, which in a way is WORSE than getting knocked out. You can put KO defeat down to the fact that you just got caught cold, or with a lucky punch but a one-sided points defeat is much harder to write off.

Froch is tough and game and shows no expression on his face. You never know if he's hurt and keeps on coming. Taylor arguably should have taken out by Pavlik in the 2nd round of their 1st fight and Froch hits harder than Taylor. All in all it's a fight that could well happen, but Pavlik isn’t a super middleweight. He has shown in the Taylor rematch and the Hopkins fight that he is the type of fighter than can only really be effective at one weight. But the fight (if it happened) would most likely be made at S.Middleweight. Hence because of this I go BIG on Froch to stop or knock him out within 6 rounds.
    I think Pavlik wins,I can't really see how you can compare Taylor's power to Froch's, Froch hasn't really foughten anybody, and Pascal has been hurt pretty easily, and Froch couldn'd take him out. I see Pavlik being the bigger, stronger man with better skills, power, and more important FRoch is way too wide open for Pavlik's power.

Thread Information