Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: David Haye draws inspiration from Pacquiao

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default David Haye draws inspiration from Pacquiao

David Haye: "I Will Do a Manny Pacquiao on Klitschko"

David Haye’s level of confidence grew by leaps and bounds when he sat ringside on December 6 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and watched Manny Pacquiao demolish Oscar De La Hoya for eight one-sided rounds. Pacquiao, a much smaller man, made a jump from lightweight to welterweight for the fight. He was viewed by many as being too small to win.

Haye views the win by Pacquiao as a perfect example of speed and power overcoming size. Haye plans to use his own speed and power to overcome the much larger man in WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko. The two fighters plan to meet in June. He wants beat Vitali in the same fashion as Pacquiao did De La Hoya.

“I've got speed. I've always said a fast athlete can beat this guy. I drew great confidence from watching Manny Pacquiao beat De La Hoya. Everybody said Oscar was going to beat him, even myself. Oscar De La Hoya is the much bigger [man], he's about 4 or 5 inches taller than Pacquiao and [I thought] the size and the weight would be too much for this little guy, but the little guy showed that with speed, dedication and heart - you can do crazy things. You can really go out there and shock the world and that's what I'm planning to do,” Haye told BBC Sport .

Haye has a lot of respect for what Klitschko can do in the ring. He even praised Vitali’s 2003 performance against Lennox Lewis, who Haye plans to use as an advisor during training camp.

“The guy is a beast. He's knocked out 35 of his 36 opponents. He's a dangerous, dangerous man. He's the most feared heavyweight of recent years. He's the guy who people feel Lennox Lewis went into retirement from. He had a great fight with Lennox that he was actually winning up until the point where he got a bad cut under his eye. The fight was stopped due to the cut and obviously Lennox Lewis retired after that so people really rate this guy,” Haye said.

“He's considered as the best heavyweight in the world. I was considered the best cruiserweight in the world. That was my weight class and I ruled it. I think I'm the best cruiserweight since Evander Holyfield and I now I want to emulate Evander Holyfield by moving up by one weight category against these giants and bring the WBC championship back to Britain.”

For months, Haye chased after younger brother Wladimir Klitschko, holder of the WBO/IBF titles. He views a win over Vitali as something much bigger for his legacy. He doesn’t believe that people would have given him the proper respect if he knocked Wladimir out.

“I could have fought Wladimir but if I knocked him out then people would say he's been knocked out before. Lamon Brewster knocked him out and Corrie Sanders knocked him out. People would say 'why not fight his big brother, he's the tough one of the two' and that's exactly what I'm doing - going after the toughest guy out there,” Haye said.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye draws inspiration from Pacquiao

---=

Who exactly needs who there ? Thanks for playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this fight is no way equal to pac vs oscar at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm liking Haye more and more, he is bringing controversy to the heavyweight division, and breathing life into it, he has everything the sport needs he has the image, the skills, the vulnerabilities, and the personality to be a huge a star.

Vitali Klitschko might go down as one of the most underrated heavyweights ever, I think he cursed with a bad division around him, but in fact would give any heavyweight in the history of the sport a hell of a fight. He's huge, athletic, great chin, and very good power. Even his brother will go down as a very underrated fighter because he style isn't awe inspiring, and he has been knocked out before, I think both of them do very well in any era, at least if Wlad fought with his current style. BOth are so big and strong, yet still quick that I don't see anyone not having a problem with them, unless they caught Wlad with one big punch, but that is getting very hard to do.

If Haye can beat them both, he will be a great champion for a long time.

El Kabong Guest

Pacquiao sets up his power punches, he doesn't wildly swing for the fences.

Vitali will jab, Haye will swing wildly and Vitali will counter...that'll go on for a couple rounds then Haye will tire out and Vitali will drop the bombs on him and finish him 3-5 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair Haye doesn't just swing wildly for the fence, he usually is counter punching, and he sets up stuff, just he throws the wrong type of punches.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is making all the right noises and is seeing things that make him believe he can win. Next he will say how Ali beat Liston and how he will do the same.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye should also mention a primo cardio work needed to sustain a PacMan type assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is just hopking to make a mega payday off this because he knows that there is not a chance in hell he will win......

You know the old expression on how a scared man talks too much...Haye practically has the crap running down his legs
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    Haye should also mention a primo cardio work needed to sustain a PacMan type assault.
    I see a lot of his cardio problems due to him being way too big for cruiserweight, I don't think he throws as much anymore, and he is a much bigger puncher at HW than Pacquiao was at WW.

Thread Information