428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul Williams-Winky Wright is ON for April

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Carlos Quintana didn't hurt Paul Williams once in their fight if I remember correctly but he was landing clean punch after clean punch and that won him the fight. He was a southpaw and he didn't outwork Paul Williams either he was slick from the outside and then just timed him over the top time and time again with the left hand and then would get away.

Wright has the best jab Williams has ever seen and likely the best he will ever see, how he will deal with that holding his hands so low is yet to be seen. I'm a fan of Paul Williams I have liked him pretty much since he got any notoriety but how good Winky actually is and not just on defense should not be udnerestimated.
    The problem with Winky's jab in this fight is the ridiculous reach advantage Williams holds and Winky's lack of foot movement. I have nothing but respect for Wright, but i think it's most definitely an uphill battle for him.
    I hear you.I think alot of this will revolve around Wrights jab,his use of it period.The problem I see with Williams is that he has phenomenal reach but he gets stuck into fighting all back wards imo.Against Margarito early on he was popping a jab,fighting tall,spinning off ,fluid as can be.Seems that as fights go on he crowds himself,bends over and gos for volume.And I like his volume,not a huge banger but he can go head and body like a windmill.If he starts falling in and mauling with Wright though,I wonder about the fatigue....as well with Wright who has been MIA and will come in with zero 'live' rounds in quite some time.Good fight this one.No chance at all that Williams will go back to 147,Just do not see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Carlos Quintana didn't hurt Paul Williams once in their fight if I remember correctly but he was landing clean punch after clean punch and that won him the fight. He was a southpaw and he didn't outwork Paul Williams either he was slick from the outside and then just timed him over the top time and time again with the left hand and then would get away.

Wright has the best jab Williams has ever seen and likely the best he will ever see, how he will deal with that holding his hands so low is yet to be seen. I'm a fan of Paul Williams I have liked him pretty much since he got any notoriety but how good Winky actually is and not just on defense should not be udnerestimated.
    The problem with Winky's jab in this fight is the ridiculous reach advantage Williams holds and Winky's lack of foot movement. I have nothing but respect for Wright, but i think it's most definately an uphill battle for him.
    When has Williams ever used his reach?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

has it been 2 years since Winky last fought
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand why people can't see that Williams will be the p4p king. By 2010 he will be the biggest name in boxing. I am guaranteeing a K.O win for Williams in this one. I don't think anyone quite understands how good and powerful Williams is. He Stopped Verno, a guy who hadn't been stopped by anyone in 20 years, and he did it exclusively with body punching. His dedication to working the body in that fight was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. He stopped a tough veteran without landing a meaningful head shot in the entire fight, it was brilliant. As for these people comparing Paul to Taylor you are out of your mind. Williams is already better than Taylor ever was and he is still getting better. Since the one hicup against Quintana, Williams has been on a whole other level. SHort of PBF coming out of retirement I don't think anyone can beat Williams right now (and floyd would be no sure thing).

Prediction: Williams next three fights will be against Winky, Pavlik and then Margo rematch. He will win all three and be p4p #1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wright should probably go over the rule book...a lot has probably changed since the last time he fought. Either way wright will cover up probably loose and then say it was ring rust. After carlos williams isn't overlooking anyone anymore i think it will be frustrating for williams but a win none the less.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pfp03 View Post
    I don't understand why people can't see that Williams will be the p4p king. By 2010 he will be the biggest name in boxing. I am guaranteeing a K.O win for Williams in this one. I don't think anyone quite understands how good and powerful Williams is. He Stopped Verno, a guy who hadn't been stopped by anyone in 20 years, and he did it exclusively with body punching. His dedication to working the body in that fight was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. He stopped a tough veteran without landing a meaningful head shot in the entire fight, it was brilliant. As for these people comparing Paul to Taylor you are out of your mind. Williams is already better than Taylor ever was and he is still getting better. Since the one hicup against Quintana, Williams has been on a whole other level. SHort of PBF coming out of retirement I don't think anyone can beat Williams right now (and floyd would be no sure thing).

Prediction: Williams next three fights will be against Winky, Pavlik and then Margo rematch. He will win all three and be p4p #1

Williams may win against Winky,but I seriously doubt it will be by ko...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pfp03 View Post

Williams may win against Winky,but I seriously doubt it will be by ko...
    I dont think a stoppage win over a past it inactive Wright is impossible, just from sheer volume alone and solid Body attack should wear Wright down...

You are right, if Williams runs the table than he takes the Armstrong' esque out of Pac and takes the throne himself.. Though there are a lot of varietebles involved depending on what Pac does with Hatton, if there is even a fight made there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    according to boxingscene

Probably either April 11 or 18.

On HBO

Winky apparently agreed to 50-50, a bit surprising.

Can't believe Winky isn't taking some kind of tuneup.

Right now the unknown on Winky is high, I might favor Paul since I don't think Winky would have ever liked Paul's style. But as much as anything its just I can't be too confident betting on an old guy who hasn't fought in two years.
    Boring fight, NOT one to watch!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by phillies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    according to boxingscene

Probably either April 11 or 18.

On HBO

Winky apparently agreed to 50-50, a bit surprising.

Can't believe Winky isn't taking some kind of tuneup.

Right now the unknown on Winky is high, I might favor Paul since I don't think Winky would have ever liked Paul's style. But as much as anything its just I can't be too confident betting on an old guy who hasn't fought in two years.
    Boring fight, NOT one to watch!
    boring post, not to be read.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information