Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mosley vs Mayweather

Is there a gameplan that gives Mosley a chance of winning? Does Mayweather still have the jab to disrupt Shane (the known way of beating him) or can Floyd beat him fighting in the way he's fought since moving up from 135? Does Shane have a good chance to win by outworking and roughing up Mayweather...using ODLH's strategy but doing it better and with more speed? Would Mayweather just lay on the ropes and counter Shane's ass off? Can Nazim come up with strategy to negate Floyd's speed and superior defense?

I gotta think about this. It's been bugging me all day. I'm leaning but I'm undecided. I think Floyd needs this fight more than Mosley. Nobody will ever question Mosley for not fighting the best. Floyd, for all his greatness, has picked his spots since moving up in weight. If Floyd comes back and beats Shane decisively, it's a wrap. He can ride off into the sunset with pride and make a legit claim that he's the best P4P since Robinson. If Mosley can come up with a way to pull another shocker, he might actually get the respect he deserves.

I'll break it down tomorrow, but in the meanwhile, I'd love to hear some other intelligent breakdowns. Please, no nuthuggers allowed in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley vs Mayweather

Ill save the intelligence to others, but i have to say that just the thought of this fight happening gets me all pumped up. This could be one of the best technical fights in a long time. I hope to god that it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im looking forward to this fight. i hope they make it happen before or after pacquiao hatton fight. this year will be awesome. cant wait. i hope mayweather comes out of retirement and give these guys a shot at his
    " 0 "
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough call. Floyd can and will map his way around and make Shane pay on his flanks which would slow his style down.
    Then the hit an hug would also be dead in the water against someone like Floyd.
    Floyds long break may have not done him any good , it could balance things out a bit.

Id like to see Shane train up with the right men to let Floyd come forward and then counter off him moving.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley has the speed and power to cause alot of problems.But i reckon Floyd counters with a double jab that will hit Mosley plus the fact Shane has always had trounble with fighters that have a good jab all night then follows up with a few hard shots then goes on his bike.Tough fight for both but one thing for sure Floyd will not have it so 1 sided in this if the fight happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley can only really fight one way, he is one dimensional. Mayweather can do too many things, and he is way more fluid, I think Oscar and Hatton were more dangerous opponents for his style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've wanted this fight since Mosley was a lightweight. Now may be the peak time of both their careers for this fight. If PBF ever fights again then it has to happen. Who else? Everybody else has other fights ahead. Plus, this fight makes the most sense. I think the Mosley that showed up against Margarito makes it interesting but I will not allow myself to become delusional by how he picked Margarito apart. Margarito gets hit with everything and only fights straight forward. Mayweather is so superior technically that I think he would eventually frustrate or at least thwart any strategy that the Mosley team believes would be best. Thats when you will see Mosley just want to bang and he winds up and throws everything into his punches. PBF will see those punches coming that Margarito couldn't. I see something like an 8 rounds to 4 fight. Competitive but clear cut PBF decision. I like Mosley sneaky left hook. That would be his best asset against PBF. Throw that early and often.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would be a really good matchup. Floyd never really faced a proper top level full blown WW. And no, I dont count Baldomir nor PBF's dalliance at 154 with Oscar.

Floyd has been out a long time too, Mosley would have a decent shot IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wouldnt say mosley is one dimensional but he has looked it in some of his recent fights before margarito (ie, mayorga, cotto) so i see what you mean. based on the performance on saturday though id say it would be a very good match up, but then again i cant help thinking that mosley wouldnt be too hard for mayweather to figure out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pbf defense is just to good to get hit flush like the defenseless Marg.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Mosley can only really fight one way, he is one dimensional. Mayweather can do too many things, and he is way more fluid, I think Oscar and Hatton were more dangerous opponents for his style.

Taeth you are fucking idiot. You really are. I used to think that maybe we just had different viewpoints because you like a different type of fighter or fight. But how in the hell can you say that Oscar or Hatton are more dangerous opponents? The shit that comes out of your mouth sometimes makes me chuckle but it is all shit nonetheless.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was this question asked after mosely squeaked by mayorga ?? Now all of the sudden he can beat floyd ?? Listen first it was cotto, then it was tony, then, oscar, hatton, just last week manny it will never stop. Is there a chance one of these guys could win of course it's possible this is boxing but will any of them ?? No. One guy beats one guy this week and then looses to another the next and now he's the king and this road always leads to the retired floyd ( who by the way was called a ducker, fake champ etc....while he was here) now he's gone and every move that made anywhere the welterweight division and boom we have a new floyd challenger. Quintana beat williams once does that mean he has a better chance to beat floyd than paul ?? The only guy who i think would even have a remote shot and i even think he'd loose. Leave floyd where he is let these guys bang it out. We have shane, williams, cotto , berto etc....this division is full of guys who i think can't beat floyd but can make this division crazy exciting trying to beat each other and establishing thier own floyd free name...even some of the prospects in this division are good for christs sake
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane can beat Floyd, he has been active, Floyd semi retired and Shane is a legitimate welter. He has travelled in time and come back as the Shane that beat ODH. Floyd will make the excuse he will not fight sparring partners. Shane will not be afraid of Floyd's power, he will walk through him if he has to.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Was this question asked after mosely squeaked by mayorga ?? Now all of the sudden he can beat floyd ?? Listen first it was cotto, then it was tony, then, oscar, hatton, just last week manny it will never stop. Is there a chance one of these guys could win of course it's possible this is boxing but will any of them ?? No. One guy beats one guy this week and then looses to another the next and now he's the king and this road always leads to the retired floyd ( who by the way was called a ducker, fake champ etc....while he was here) now he's gone and every move that made anywhere the welterweight division and boom we have a new floyd challenger. Quintana beat williams once does that mean he has a better chance to beat floyd than paul ?? The only guy who i think would even have a remote shot and i even think he'd loose. Leave floyd where he is let these guys bang it out. We have shane, williams, cotto , berto etc....this division is full of guys who i think can't beat floyd but can make this division crazy exciting trying to beat each other and establishing thier own floyd free name...even some of the prospects in this division are good for christs sake
    First all, Mar, I'm not sure a single person has said they are confident Mosleyw would win and it's a small minority that think Cotto would win. People want to see Floyd fight and they want to see him fight somebody who can push him. People want to see how the matchup unfolds, how Floyd deals with different fighters strenghts, etc.

Notice, I started the the thread with the following sentence "Is there a gameplan that gives Mosley a chance of winning?" Should we not even bother breaking down the matchup? Isn't that part of the fun of the forum? It's not we are talking about something like the Baldomir fight, where it wasn't even worth discussing. Shane Mosley is HoF fighter who just destroyed the #1 WW and has two wins over ODLH, one of which was just as convincing as Floyd's.

Second, Shane didn't just "barely get by" Mayorga. He knocked him out cold. Mayorga pounded on Shanes arms all night, Shane consistantly landed the hard effective punches, that punishment took it's toll, and Shane closed the show like a champion. In reality, the fight was no where near as close as it was on the cards, just like the Floyd/Oscar fight wasn't as close as it was on the cards.

I'll do my breakdown after work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Check that latter parts of my name....one of pbf biggest supporters. also one of shane's....there is no justification as to why they havent fought. Floyd said that he thought shane was too old and just looking for a payday. that was after shane kayoed vargas. And squeaked by mayorga...he knocked him out, let's not forget mayorga has been up to 160. shane started at 135. floyd squeaked by oscar. so what...point is shane has, and always will be the one that if he fought floyd, floyd has only one way to win a decision. shane can kayo floyd at anytime of the fight or out point him.

it will be a great fight though. because shane gets hit with too many rights. but the philly shell will get floyd's ribs broken against shane.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information