Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 5+ minute round discussion thread

So one of the rounds can't remember if it was 10th or 11th of the Urango-Ngoudjo fight lasted 5:10, it's unreal. I'm sure in the grand scheme of boxing there have been longer rounds, but that was horrible.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 5+ minute round discussion thread

The time keeper and the judges weren't on the same game plan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ima go deep in my vocab i was flabbergasted i have never seen that you see a couple of punches thrown thats it they basically fought one other round bother fighters look drained and tired after round & both had hearts to keep going. also surprise either trainer didn't realize either

imo thier should another rematch in america

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A 5:10 round

What is that...? Like, an uncut Bonus-Feature, or a 2for1
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No excuse really.Can you picture if either had managed a KO inside of those 2 minutes What a mess all around.Ive seen rounds go over three but they made an effort to afford each guy extra time in the corner next round.Those boyz tonight just swept it under the rug hoping no one noticed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The time keepers job is to keep track of the time. He failed at that and should retire imo. That said, the commision should noticed and stepped in. In the 2 minutes and 10 seconds the round should have ended NOTHING was done. So tonight the timekeeper was incompetant, the judges were incompetant, and boxing yet again was dealt anoth black eye. It is proven once again that the fighters seem to be the only ones in boxing who do there job. And they do this job under the worst of circumstances. It has got to the point were there are more bad officials than good ones. Those officials have not only failed to do their job, but they failed the fans, the good officials, the sport of boxing as a whole, and most importantly, the fighters. The fighters that keep these people in business. The fighters that exect a fair fight. That are Entitled to a fair fight.

This is the state of boxing. These incidents should not happen. The Margarito handwrap contraversy should not have become what it has. The commision failed to to the job in that ordeal too. And to make matters worse they keep everyone in the dark giving a middle finger to Shane Mosley and leaving Antonio Margaritos reputation be in dire straights while they "investigate."

"Investigate." What does that mean? A bunch of corrupt officials in suits eating Hors Devoirs while talking about how their kids are doing good in school? Is there plaster in the glove or not. Does it really take a f@cking scientist to figure this out? The fighters deserve to come first and they are entitled to that. That is their right as the backbones of the sport. Without boxers, boxing doesnt exist. This seems to have been forgotten. Boxers are not politicians, they are fighters, yet they are victims of political scandals that are flooding this sport. The officials are becoming the stars of the show. The suspence and drama is just as much before and after the fight, as it is during the fight. Its hard enough being a fighter, making less money than most all professional athletes, and taking punishnment in the ring. No fighter should have to take the punishment that is being dealt out by these so called "officials."
    Last edited by Boom Boom; 01-31-2009 at 03:37 AM.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a great post, BoomBoom, and I agree with every word of it.

I, like you, am a boxer...but I am an amatuer, and a young one who is still impressionable. Impressonable enough to know that I have observed this game closely enough for the last year or so...and almost week in and week out, to be finding myself not wanting to in any way persue it beyond an amateur level.

I expected it to be better. The officiating, the judging, all parties concerned. But see it is not even coming close to having the integrity of the system I compete in now, or the competence. I mean, I Love this sport, but I don't feel any sort of trust towards it at the professional level.

It is all very discouraging. I don't really know what it needs, some sort of overhaul in governing body maybe? Some sort of hired external moral and competence auditors? What, what does it need? I know it needs something, and it needs it badly.

I don't know how anyone can watch these things going down, again and again, and be in mine or similar shoes and still dream of being there one day. Because for what? To have rug ripped out from under you by a system of corruption or incompetance? Urgh.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    The time keepers job is to keep track of the time. He failed at that and should retire imo. That said, the commision should noticed and stepped in. In the 2 minutes and 10 seconds the round should have ended NOTHING was done. So tonight the timekeeper was incompetant, the judges were incompetant, and boxing yet again was dealt anoth black eye. It is proven once again that the fighters seem to be the only ones in boxing who do there job. And they do this job under the worst of circumstances. It has got to the point were there are more bad officials than good ones. Those officials have not only failed to do their job, but they failed the fans, the good officials, the sport of boxing as a whole, and most importantly, the fighters. The fighters that keep these people in business. The fighters that exect a fair fight. That are Entitled to a fair fight.

This is the state of boxing. These incidents should not happen. The Margarito handwrap contraversy should not have become what it has. The commision failed to to the job in that ordeal too. And to make matters worse they keep everyone in the dark giving a middle finger to Shane Mosley and leaving Antonio Margaritos reputation be in dire straights while they "investigate."

"Investigate." What does that mean? A bunch of corrupt officials in suits eating Hors Devoirs while talking about how their kids are doing good in school? Is there plaster in the glove or not. Does it really take a f@cking scientist to figure this out? The fighters deserve to come first and they are entitled to that. That is their right as the backbones of the sport. Without boxers, boxing doesnt exist. This seems to have been forgotten. Boxers are not politicians, they are fighters, yet they are victims of political scandals that are flooding this sport. The officials are becoming the stars of the show. The suspence and drama is just as much before and after the fight, as it is during the fight. Its hard enough being a fighter, making less money than most all professional athletes, and taking punishnment in the ring. No fighter should have to take the punishment that is being dealt out by these so called "officials."
    Excellent post man.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was watching the fight and my son, a boxer and his teammate started watching it too. I was explaining how it has been damn near impossible to get a fair fight in Canada and how the ref was terrible (Andrade fight) and then the very next round lasts 5+ minutes - right on cue. What the hell is going on in Canada?
    DC Amateur Boxing
    The Largest Online Amateur Boxing Resource
    with over 4 million total views since March 2008!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    That's a great post, BoomBoom, and I agree with every word of it.

I, like you, am a boxer...but I am an amatuer, and a young one who is still impressionable. Impressonable enough to know that I have observed this game closely enough for the last year or so...and almost week in and week out, to be finding myself not wanting to in any way persue it beyond an amateur level.

I expected it to be better. The officiating, the judging, all parties concerned. But see it is not even coming close to having the integrity of the system I compete in now, or the competence. I mean, I Love this sport, but I don't feel any sort of trust towards it at the professional level.

It is all very discouraging. I don't really know what it needs, some sort of overhaul in governing body maybe? Some sort of hired external moral and competence auditors? What, what does it need? I know it needs something, and it needs it badly.

I don't know how anyone can watch these things going down, again and again, and be in mine or similar shoes and still dream of being there one day. Because for what? To have rug ripped out from under you by a system of corruption or incompetance? Urgh.
    Thanks man, I still think that things can change for the better of the sport even though they havent yet. It all starts with accountabilty. Right now there is none. Theres no one overseeing the overseers. It comes down to lack of communication among officials and commisions and lack of organization. Boxing shows are run diffently by seperate commisions in every state in the US and other countries have their own commisions. Some are more strict than others, and some are more corrupt than others. A lot of sanctioned fights are mismatches where one guy is set up to lose. Its not a fixed fight, but a guy who is 0-5(5) is fighting a guy whos 5-0(5) has no chance. If fact, theres a better chance that he gets hurt than not. These fights are approved by the specific commision. These things happen all the time. Some states have gotten better, but a lot of them still still allow these kinds of fights to happen. Again, the fighters best interest is not at heart. Thats just an example but its not an uncommon story. In baseball you have MLB, Hockey has the NHL, Football NFL, boxing has no national commision. Most officials dont want one because it would give most of them less power, thus they wouldnt be able to take advantage of a fighter for their own benefit as easily.
    Last edited by Boom Boom; 01-31-2009 at 04:48 AM.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DC Amateur Boxing View Post
    I was watching the fight and my son, a boxer and his teammate started watching it too. I was explaining how it has been damn near impossible to get a fair fight in Canada and how the ref was terrible (Andrade fight) and then the very next round lasts 5+ minutes - right on cue. What the hell is going on in Canada?
    We really, really, like beer and weed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at least it didnt happen more than one round, like the Mormeck-Bell fight in france, like 2-3 rounds ended early when Mormeck was pretty gassed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Oh, ok. Now it makes complete sense. I thought Marlon Wright looked a little red-eyed.

Thank you for explaining.
    DC Amateur Boxing
    The Largest Online Amateur Boxing Resource
    with over 4 million total views since March 2008!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Oh, ok. Now it makes complete sense. I thought Marlon Wright looked a little red-eyed.

Thank you for explaining.
    I'm here to help.

Thread Information