Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Enzo Maccarinelli-Ola Afalobi for the interim title, March 14

its on boxingscene, set for the MEN, Manchester.

Sounds kind of interesting to me. Definitely could be worse. I still have yet to see Afalobi but I've heard some interesting things about him. The guy who's in Southern California that writes for max boxing, spends a lot of time at the gyms there and wrote once that Afalobi was there with James Toney, Mosley, and Valero as the best gym fighters he's ever seen. Take that for what's it worth I guess. Apparently he gave Toney a lot of problems and busted up Chris Arreola pretty bad. Its just sparring but still.

He knocked out Eric Fields. Fairly inactive actually. His only loss was early in his career to Alan Green but it was only a four rounder so I don't know what to make of that.

Should be interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Enzo Maccarinelli-Ola Afalobi for the interim title, March 14

I hope they get George Foreman to call the fight. After his performance during the Cotto-Malignaggi fight, I'd pay money to hear him try to pronounce the names Enzo Maccarinelli and Ola Afalobi for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Might as well throw in Teddy Atlas too. He could mispronounce names and be extremely annoying, two for the price of one.

Edit-now that I look at his record he had a draw against a fairly anonymous guy, maybe he's just a really good sparring partner

Then again Enzo got laid out by some guy who going by his record seems like a journeyman
    Last edited by OumaFan; 02-06-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Afalobi is one odd fellow.Strikes me as a headcase.He was out two years prior to Fields fight (?).I was high on Fields,sound like he just punched himself out and Afalobi,who can crack a bit,got him on the ropes for TKO.He looks like hes trying to pull off some Toney-esqu moves....lays back and has some awkward hard punches.His last fight he did too much waiting for me but his opponent,forget the name,was gritty tough.I think Enzo can beat him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Might as well throw in Teddy Atlas too. He could mispronounce names and be extremely annoying, two for the price of one.

Edit-now that I look at his record he had a draw against a fairly anonymous guy, maybe he's just a really good sparring partner

Then again Enzo got laid out by some guy who going by his record seems like a journeyman
    Both times Maccarinelli got KO'd he was staggering round like a drunk. Anybody who can hit hard has a chance against him but I have a feeling Warren has done his homework on this guy and Enzo will win.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really know nothing about this guy except some articles about sparring. I think I'll go ahead and pick him. Informed opinions and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This Ola's 13-1 with only 5 KO's. From that record, he doesn't appear to be much of a puncher but we'll soon find out.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was thoroughly unimpressed with Ola's last outing the first time I have seen him on the undercard of that fight between Thompson and Arvin where Thompson got screwed.

He spent most of the fight flicking the jab from his waist and then he just fell to the ropes and started slipping everything. He's not very fast, he isn't a sharp puncher and he seems lazy in the ring. Obviously has some talent he was slipping everything and wasn't hit much against an overmatched opponent but really it was a terrible fight to watch.

My guess is that Maccarinelli will simply be able to overwhelm Ola on the ropes and get the fight stopped. I recognized the name and went back through my notes (I love saying that) and I took 4 rounds of notes on the 8 round fight before writing that he's a spot fighter and that I was tired of wasting paper on a fight he obviously didnt care about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post

Both times Maccarinelli got KO'd he was staggering round like a drunk. Anybody who can hit hard has a chance against him but I have a feeling Warren has done his homework on this guy and Enzo will win.
    To be fair on Franky, Banks pulled out, now Ramirez who recently beat up Alexeev. Considering what this guy did to the touted Fields, and his reputaion in the gyms i think its a decent replacement.

I'd expect a better version of Ola than last time out since he sohuld have motivation this time round.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I barely took notes in class, I just can't see myself being bothered to take notes on a fight although there is something to saying I went back and checked my notes.

Oh well, so Ola sucks, I'll still take him. My joker pick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enzo needs to get a new promoter because Warren for what ever reason cant get him decent fights never mind good fights.

Enzo is great with fans but never fights anywhere near his natural fan bace in west wales.

Maybe now calzaghe has gone Enzo will get more of a look in.
    Balls

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres a FNF thread from his last fight Ouma.Cannot copy from Work,just search last name.Not much on rbr but he somewhat stunck it out that night.....loves the ropes too much and thinks hes a one shot hitter with HUGE wind ups.The night Anthony Thompson was absolutly screwed when replay was plain as day...and officials watched it in the ring

Thread Information