User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Video Harsh words from Dan Rafeal on Margarito Handwrap Gate

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Exclamation Video Harsh words from Dan Rafeal on Margarito Handwrap Gate

Last edited by SigmaMu; 02-11-2009 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Video Harsh words from Dan Rafeal on Margarito Handwrap Gate

Danny here is the correct link for the video, the other link is just the story.

Margarito's License Revoked - ESPN Video - ESPN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's right, I don't think he was harsh.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rafael seemed on the ball there, not harsh at all.

Margarito. What can you say? Just makes you shake your head and sigh really. Very, very stupid. Now branded a cheat for the rest of his life. How do you move on from that? He's finished at the top level now, and you have to question...Was he ever really at the top level anyway?

A lot of question marks.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Margarito. What can you say? Just makes you shake your head and sigh really. Very, very stupid. Now branded a cheat for the rest of his life. How do you move on from that? He's finished at the top level now, and you have to question...Was he ever really at the top level anyway?

A lot of question marks.
    Even if Margo will be allowed to fight again, I think boxers will have second thoughts of fighting him... Team Margo might even have difficulties of finding sparring partners...

Very difficult life ahead for Margo... not that we wish for that but that's the consequence for being a cheat...
    Last edited by XaduBoxer; 02-11-2009 at 03:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

A lot of question marks.
    You said it correctly. Now you have to wonder was he really at the top anyway? His Cotto fight just oozes foul play. I think he got off light. He ruined Cotto's and Cintron's undefeated record and climb to the top. Dan is right, Margarito is a cheater with no remorse. Heck, he still won't admit he did anything wrong. Wow! Just unbelievable.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Margaritto didnt know anything about it and was looking the other way and is innocent he would be screaming for a lie detector test to be used on him to prove it. I sure would.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if Margarito gets his license back in a year, none of the major boxing outlets will want to touch him. His career is probably effectively over as a major level fighter. He may continue on fighting, but none of the big draws will want to associate with him. The thing I wonder is if Margarito personally knew that the wraps were illegal. It's certainly possible that his corner did the deed without him knowing. He's still responsible for knowing his business, but he trusted his trainer like a father. I don't know that that is the case, but you have to wonder if his father figure might not have ruined his reputation and career without his knowing it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    If Margaritto didnt know anything about it and was looking the other way and is innocent he would be screaming for a lie detector test to be used on him to prove it. I sure would.
    I wonder about that too as I said in my previous post, but ultimately ignorance is no excuse. You have to be on top of your business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally don't think he was harsh at all.

He was spot on with everything he said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he did indeed use plaster paris against cotto on the biggest stage of all with everyone looking at his every move it does beg the question just how many other low key fights when it would be much easier to pull something like this off has he got away with

Either way cottos status as a great warrior and even perhaps top 5 p4p currently needs to be re-corrected and miguel should sue the living hell out of margarito and take him to the cleaners.

I never wanna margarito in a boxing ring again and his presence in the sport is no longer welcome
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vette1 View Post
    I honestly hope that everyone now understands that if his gloves were loaded for mosley (which they were) there's just no way they were'nt loaded for Cotto. I picked AM to beat cotto in their fight, and won alot of money on his victory, but i always wondered how the hell Cotto got busted up like that out of nowhere. I now know without an ounce of doubt in my mind that those gloves were loaded in that cotto fight. AM should never be allowed to set foot in a boxing ring again. I just hope the beating Cotto took did'nt ruin him .i guess we will soon see in his up coming fight.
    We have no concrete evidence to say he did it in previous fights. But I have been watching those previous Margarito fights and that is all that keeps coming into my mind. Margarito doesnt seem like a terribly strong puncher at all with his flailing technique, and yet he gradually managed to stomp upon Cintron and Cotto. Of course, it makes you wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shame on Margarito and his camp, but Cotto's and Cintron's people should have been able to catch this just as Mosley's did. So, shame on them too if they missed it. I hope they and everyone in boxing take this to heart and really pay attention from now on, and also study and learn what to look for.

Hats off to Mosley's people, they may have actually saved lives by catching this and raising awareness of it!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk View Post
    Shame on Margarito and his camp, but Cotto's and Cintron's people should have been able to catch this just as Mosley's did. So, shame on them too if they missed it. I hope they and everyone in boxing take this to heart and really pay attention from now on, and also study and learn what to look for.

Hats off to Mosley's people, they may have actually saved lives by catching this and raising awareness of it!
    It really is a case of "what's done is done". I dont think a case can be brought forward for previous bouts. After all the hands were "checked" and the fights happened. We might have suspicions, but that is not enough to go on.

Definitely this is a wake up call to everyone. This should not happen again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually thought Rafael held back a little; not harsh in the least bit imo and well said.....

Margarito will have a tough road back to the ring, assuming he is allowed back in the ring.....I'd like to see the crowd reaction while he is making a ring entrance They'll have to drive him in in a bulletproof golf cart just so he can climb in the ring....

I think he's ruined because of this. Not to mention the guy with the hardest chin in boxing got brutally beaten down and I see an even bigger chink in the armor now.....He is a fighter who wins through attrition, and hand wrap controversy aside, I gotta wonder what Mosley's beating and subsequent ko did to Tony's head. 5 minutes and all that
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information