Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who for Martin Rogan next?....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So who for Martin Rogan next?....

According to boxrec he's been boosted to No.2 in the UK heavyweights after beating Skelton and No.16 in the world!! .... although I can't say he deserves to be 16th in the world after 12 pro fights, he still worked like a dog the other day and I actually enjoyed a Skelton fight!

So, any thoughts on who should be the next opponent in the Martin Rogan story?

Discuss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So who for Martin Rogan next?....

Well hes had a fantastic year, but hes only fought on the British circut. If he crosses the pond, I doubt hell have too much sucess but theres only one way to find out. Despite his ranking, he needs to fight a Monte Barrett or Timor Ibragimov type fighter to see where he stands in the big picture. And he needs that fight to be outside the UK imo. Albert Sosnowki would be an interesting fight for him too.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He can be out boxed but the guy has a will to win at all costs which will only get him so far but its alway a good fight that he is in,and he has a good chin.He should defend the title he won a couple of times.
    Last edited by littlebif; 03-02-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that he beat Audley and stopped Skelton means he is a good fighter. Other than a shot at the title he should fight Danny Williams and finish this tier of fighters. All credit to him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bring on the Klitchkos, David Haye, Michael Flattley, The green Goblin, Osama Bin Laden, Lex Luther, Frank Bruno, Both Klitchkos together, Manny Pacquiao seein as hes so fukkin good, Bruce Lee, Margret Thatcher, The grumpy teacher out of Harry Potter. He will have them all.

But on a serious note, Martin "where to mate" Rogan should concentrate on defending the belt nobody saw him winning a year ago. If he keeps hold of it and impresses, takes on a couple of bigger known world names and beats them you just never know. But i will be honest and say that is a very long shot. He maybe has enough to defend what he has, and time isnt really on his side is it.

I hope im wrong but 1 defeat and his little adventure will be over and we wont hear much of him again. Id love him to win something massive.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Picture this.

In ten days time Gomez gets injured in training and pulls out of the bout with Klitschko senior.

With all tickets sold the fight has to go ahead but they can't get a replacement.

In a desperate last minute promotional meeting Vitali utters these words...

"Without a ranked contender what this fight is going to need is a novelty...."

Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely a long shot for him to fight for anything big, but... would just be a great story if it continues...he seems like a pretty decent guy too.

How bout' Tyson Fury eh?... that'd be interesting if anything else

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see him in with that flabby mess James Toney, although with Toney's chin & technique there's almost no way he could win logically. TBH he's well above Danny Williams level right now, Williams lost to badly to Sosnowski last time out & looked crap against John McDermott before that.

Also he could go in against another of the faded US names like Hasim Rahman. Or stick him in with Tye Fields that would be good to watch

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Picture this.

In ten days time Gomez gets injured in training and pulls out of the bout with Klitschko senior.

With all tickets sold the fight has to go ahead but they can't get a replacement.

In a desperate last minute promotional meeting Vitali utters these words...

"Without a ranked contender what this fight is going to need is a novelty...."

I'm already humming the theme tune

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well with only a handful of fights he shouldn't be rushed up another level just yet imo.

Give him a couple of winnable fights just to build interest and let him earn a bit of cash.

Barring the obvious, a rematch with Harrison or Skelton both of which would be reasonably appealing imo I think Barry Hearn should put on a special Prizefighter Production and face the winner of Prizefighter 1, Martin Rogan with the winner of Prizefighter 2 Sam Sexton in a 10 or 12 round fight.

This would be a great night for Sky boxing imo, especially if they could put an entertaining Prizefighter undercard together.

I'd love to see Derek Chisora fight Chris Burton on the undercard I think that would be a great 8 or 10 rounder.

I'm not sure who is promoting Rogan now, whether Hearn has any rights to him but I'd love to see a show like this.

If Rogan is managed by Frank Warren though I guess he won't see it, shame this would be good imo.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny Williams probably. Does Warren have any NI/Irish boxers other than Rogan? If he does he can probably sell the King's Hall out with Rogan top of the bill. Maybe he can do a deal with a local promoter over there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scott Gammer or Danny Williams will keep him busy.Is Gammer still in the fight game?i have'nt seen him about for a while!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know what....i think old danny williams may just be to much for rogan...he's had a fantastic run i love the whole story........but think he'll run out of juice if they jump him up to soon........great to see him do well tho.long may it continue

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
    you know what....i think old danny williams may just be to much for rogan...he's had a fantastic run i love the whole story........but think he'll run out of juice if they jump him up to soon........great to see him do well tho.long may it continue
    Except he's just beaten two guys who are probably as of right now better than Williams. I like Danny, he's from the same sides as me, but the fact is he is a completely shot fighter. Whilst people have focused on Audley's performances & given him stick, the fact is Danny fell off big time. The last decent fight he had was against a bum who'd beaten some people up in a pub in Germany or somethin'. He should have lost to McDermott, but got a bit of a gift. Guys like Danny or Gammer would be a back-step for him & he's better off looking for better quality 'name' opponents, which Warren could get him whilst the fairytale lasts. Right now the momentum & will he's got is pushing him through, so they should take advantage

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the papers it says they will show the Rogan fight verses Skelton on BBC 1 Northern Ireland today at 10.45. It should be on the sky channel.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information