Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Philly/Atlantic City

Heres the deal,Ive got a girl debuting in Atlantic City,they arent paying for anyone but her to go,I have a plan A),but Id like to have as many backup plans as possible,actually I allready have a plan B) and a plan C),but still it couldnt hurt to put more names on the check down list just in case.
    Anybody interested?
    You do get room and board,and of course normal corner fees,but they arent paying for the second airline ticket,so youve got to be local.
    I just want my girls corner lined in advance,and this is not a bad place to ask for suggestions,normally Id send one of my own people,but they arent ponying for the second ticket,and I dont want to take money away from the girl.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Philly/Atlantic City

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt A Whirl View Post
    Heres the deal,Ive got a girl debuting in Atlantic City,they arent paying for anyone but her to go,I have a plan A),but Id like to have as many backup plans as possible,actually I allready have a plan B) and a plan C),but still it couldnt hurt to put more names on the check down list just in case.
    Anybody interested?
    You do get room and board,and of course normal corner fees,but they arent paying for the second airline ticket,so youve got to be local.
    I just want my girls corner lined in advance,and this is not a bad place to ask for suggestions,normally Id send one of my own people,but they arent ponying for the second ticket,and I dont want to take money away from the girl.
    Are you Trainer Monkey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Anybody interested?
    Are you Trainer Monkey?
    Yep,long story short,Mozilla broke on my computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody interested?
    When is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

April 11th

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not april the first?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Not april the first?
    insert witty Oscar Wilde-esque retort here

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what would be your normal procedure? Is she getting what she's worth (how ever anyone decides that.....) Do they normally stump up money for you or do you just get your regular %, could her fee be increased so your flight will be covered?

I figure all this should have been worked out before anyone signed on the dotted line.

I'd have to consider how the fighter would feel with a stranger in the corner who doesn't know a thing about them. Surely a responsible trainer wouldn't dump their fighter in this manner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It might be a bit far away for you Rozzy
    She's getting $800,which is pretty good for a female debuter so its just percentage,in theory Ive got the corner covered.
    But Im setting up as many back up plans as possible,just because,this is boxing,and if it can go wrong,it will,and when you least want it to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She's getting $800,which is pretty good for a female debuter so its just percentage,in theory Ive got the corner covered.
    But Im setting up as many back up plans as possible,just because,this is boxing,and if it can go wrong,it will,and when you least want it to
    I think Rozzy lives near me. I'm in RI, i think he's Mass or CT. AC isn't far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    I just dont him losing money on the deal after his own travel fees.I mean the hotel and food are covered once someones there,but they dont want to pay for a second plane ticket. Theyre allready sweating that theyre ponying for a ticket from Atlanta.
    Normally for a debuter,they have someone running corner,thats going to be picking up extra money running other corners on the rest of the card anyway.Ive got one corner set up,and hopefully that just works out,but Im definitly putting together backup plans,because I dont want the girl wandering around having to beg for a corner. Its at least a ten hour drive from here to AC,so I cant do it. By the time I rent a car and drive up there,just to re-imburse me for my expenses,she might as well just hand over her purse,so that isnt going to work for me.
    And I dont want Rozzy or his trainer spending more for travel then they'll get on % either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just dont him losing money on the deal after his own travel fees.I mean the hotel and food are covered once someones there,but they dont want to pay for a second plane ticket. Theyre allready sweating that theyre ponying for a ticket from Atlanta.
    Normally for a debuter,they have someone running corner,thats going to be picking up extra money running other corners on the rest of the card anyway.Ive got one corner set up,and hopefully that just works out,but Im definitly putting together backup plans,because I dont want the girl wandering around having to beg for a corner. Its at least a ten hour drive from here to AC,so I cant do it. By the time I rent a car and drive up there,just to re-imburse me for my expenses,she might as well just hand over her purse,so that isnt going to work for me.
    And I dont want Rozzy or his trainer spending more for travel then they'll get on % either.
    That's cool, i was just letting you know. AC is less than a 5 hour drive for me.. I wouldn't be flying there if i went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive allready got Mike Melendez lined up as a backup plan,and if luvofthefight game checks in,I know he's around Philly. I also dont want to inconvienience somebody too much,because I garuntee you,if something goes wrong,it will be at the last possible nanosecond,it allways is.
    Literally,for Leslies last fight,Ashley was packing his bag to head down to Trinidad with her,when he discovered his passport had been stolen,thats the whole reason we ended up hiring a Trinidad corner. So there's an obvious reason why I want my eventualities covered in advance for this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It might be a little far for my trainer to go for short money like that, true. If I were to go down, I wouldn't really care about losing a little money because I would have my buddy drive out from Philly and we would catch up and play some poker after the fight. If I got a free room and a couple of meals it would be great. I would make it a working mini-vacation, but like I said, I'm not qualified to run a corner solo.

If you get anybody on a Mohegan Sun for Foxwoods card, it would easy for one of us to help you find somebody. Between RP, PoB, and me, we know enough real trainers that would make the drive down for short money. Those venues are SUPER close to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post

It might be a little far for my trainer to go for short money like that, true. If I were to go down, I wouldn't really care about losing a little money because I would have my buddy drive out from Philly and we would catch up and play some poker after the fight. If I got a free room and a couple of meals it would be great. I would make it a working mini-vacation, but like I said, I'm not qualified to run a corner solo.

If you get anybody on a Mohegan Sun for Foxwoods card, it would easy for one of us to help you find somebody. Between RP, PoB, and me, we know enough real trainers that would make the drive down for short money. Those venues are SUPER close to us.
    Honest injun bro,thats one of the few areas I havent sent somebody to,Im sure it will come up eventually. Just hasnt yet.
    PM me with a number,because Ive got a few profile fights I can send up there

Thread Information