Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Timothy Bradley

I think this guy could be something special. That punch that Holt knocked him down with in the first wouldve knocked a lot of fighters out, but Bradley got up after taking a quick knee and seemed to have recovered instantly. But apart from his power of recovery, theres also something old school about the way Bradley fights. Let me know what you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley

I think i may of completely underestimated Timothy Bradley. I thought he only beat Witter because he had such an off night and i had Holt to beat him quite easily last night.

The recovery after that 1st knock down was fantastic, ive not seen anybody go and come back again that fast after a great shot since Calzaghe.

And even though Holt was always guna be the more hurtful of the 2 Bradley simply outworked him with a consistant tempo of high quality boxing.

I never saw him as somebody who belongs in that top 5 band of Lightwelters in the rankings but hes just decently beat one of those top 5. And even though he took a couple of counts it was no fluke. As im beginnin to believe the Witter win wasnt a fluke either.

Though i still dont think hes in the same class as Hatton at 140. But then i dont think Hatton really cares that much about being top of that pile anymore himself with the people hes chased and wants after Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think i may of completely underestimated Timothy Bradley. I thought he only beat Witter because he had such an off night and i had Holt to beat him quite easily last night.

The recovery after that 1st knock down was fantastic, ive not seen anybody go and come back again that fast after a great shot since Calzaghe.

And even though Holt was always guna be the more hurtful of the 2 Bradley simply outworked him with a consistant tempo of high quality boxing.

I never saw him as somebody who belongs in that top 5 band of Lightwelters in the rankings but hes just decently beat one of those top 5. And even though he took a couple of counts it was no fluke. As im beginnin to believe the Witter win wasnt a fluke either.

Though i still dont think hes in the same class as Hatton at 140. But then i dont think Hatton really cares that much about being top of that pile anymore himself with the people hes chased and wants after Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tim Bradley is very likeable guy. Very religious with wicked right hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley is a very good fighter. Ive been going on about this guy for years That said he has a couple of issues when he fights. One, he doesnt sit down on his punches and a lot of his flurries are very amateurish. And two, he comes in with his head a lot. Hes going to get cut a lot if he keeps with the headbutts, and that will effect his fights. He has an excellent mentality and he showed that he was the mentally tougher fighter last night. Although I do think that Holt looked like the more established pro in there. Bradley can give anyone at his weight problems.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kendall let the fight slip away... Holt was decapitating him with the jab every time he thru it, Bradley was agressive but Holt landed the more meaningful shots and ate a ton of them... Kendall should have brawled a little more sine he was getting the better of the exchanges as demonstrated with the 1st round KD and the 12th..

All in all good work and win by Bradley he really committed to the body work as usual and it paid huge dividends in controlling the tempo.

I am not sold on Bradley just yet, he was sloppy at times and Holt has a propensity to lose focus and not maintain a strong as the fight progresses, couple that with bradley not even getting a wobble out of Holt who has been down more than Paris Hilton and I see him getting dusted by a big puncher or a guy with a strong will and mental make up who digs in ..

He reminds me a bit like Juan Diaz albeit faster but a pressure fighter who constantly relents with unreal stamina though lacking the punching power to deter a top level fighter.

Bradley would lose to the following

Hatton
    Pac
    Urango
    JMM
    Juan Diaz(If he moved up)
    Campbell
    Funeka(If he moved up)
    Kahn (if he moved up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post

Hatton
    Pac
    Urango
    JMM
    Campbell
    Funeka(If he moved up)
    Kahn (if he moved up)
    And Victor Ortiz too imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post

Hatton
    Pac
    Urango
    JMM
    Campbell
    Funeka(If he moved up)
    Kahn (if he moved up)
    And Victor Ortiz too imo.
    Hell yea forgot all about Victor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good win for Bradley, I have been a fan of this kid for a while now...I predicted him to win over Holt in the Showtime Media Poll and I predicted Him in the poll to beat Witter.....

The one thing he needs to do is avoid squaring up after getting off but maybe after being floored by Holt last night he will have that in mind for the future

As for him not sitting on his punches...IMO that will come in time...He is young and still only 25 fights....He has improved over the last few years and comes into every fight with a little something extra then the fight previous....

As for the knockdown that F'ing shot should have starched Bradley for the first second I thought the fight was over....

Tim got up quick and then had the ring saavy to take the knee and make sure his head was clear....Very smart!!...

I don't think that proved any weakness in his jaw,

Good fight for him and in another 4 or 5 fights he will be ready for a bout with one of the big names

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he would beat Campbell and Diaz.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    How do you figure?

Bradley couldnt break an egg, Campbell would counterpunch his ears off... Diaz would grind him down...

Bradley lacks the pop to keep a guy like Diaz off of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    How do you figure?

Bradley couldnt break an egg, Campbell would counterpunch his ears off... Diaz would grind him down...

Bradley lacks the pop to keep a guy like Diaz off of him
    Workrate. Bradley can keep a more consistant pace than Campbell and there are too many unknowns with Nate at 140 at his age. Plus even if Campbell does effectively counterpunch him all night, it doesnt mean hel win the fight. Bradley will still outland him. As for Diaz, Bradley doesnt need to keep him off him. If Diaz comes staight in against him, Bradley will box him to a decision. Diaz at 140 I dont think will have the power to hurt Bradley. Bradley can get to Diaz though through accumulation of punches imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a Witter fan and everything I've seen from Bradley has impressed me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^^ i always hated witter an im british

bradley showed some gr8 body punchin n i luvd da slippin

Thread Information