Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miguel Cotto, what if....

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Talking Miguel Cotto, what if....

First no trainer, and soon no promoter

HELP!

Last edited by SigmaMu; 04-12-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miguel Cotto, what if....

...what if we never see him again? I wouldnt be mad...

I never liked Cotto, thought he was too hyped from the start. Now his entourage is disintegrating, and so will he.

Sorry, just don't like him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

I never liked Cotto, thought he was too hyped from the start. Now his entourage is disintegrating, and so will he.

well Cotto's not all hype, and has more legit wins than a hell of a lot of others, and the exact opposite goes with his loss, should most likely still be an undefeated fighter

SigmaMu Guest

The only reason you dont like Miguel is because you are a Paulette Maligf@ggi fan. He beat the shiet out of your boy with one hand

You talk about fighters who were hyped? Paulette was just that.
    Sorry but your lame attempt to hate failed here son.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Say you don't like him... that's you're God-given right. But say he's "too hyped", and you should at least put forth an argument....

......well?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could have Cotto!!!!!!!!!! lol
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's difinitely Arum's lost.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny G: wrong wrong wrong, I dont even remember that Malignaggi fight, it was one I missed and havent had a chance to see on youtube. How can I be a fan of a guy I never saw? YOure assumption was dead wrong.

Seems by your oddly hostile response that YOUR BOY must be Cotto.

Grow up.

Now to the other 2 civil and decent posters who asked me about the hype, yes---Cotto has been exaggeratedly hyped by HBO marketeers since Day One. You know what I mean? Like David Reid and Sam Peter and others, who were overhyped from the start. Non-stop comments of grandeur and stellar status about a young fighter who hadn't done too much yet, those first few years, when Lamply and the rest just non-stop praised and touted this guy--that IS the definition of too much HYPE, isn't it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny shit, the facial expressions were good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto too hyped? Maybe you don't like the attention he gets because you don't like him. But when someone says too hyped that means they don't deserve the hype. Cotto deserves every bit of hype he gets if not more. He beat a lot of the tough good fighters who the average fan doesn't know instead of holding out for business names and bigger money. Like Abdullaev, Torres, Quintana, N'dou, etc. And he has the name fighters under his belt also. You don't have to be a fan of the guy but don't blind yourself to the truth as to make up your own reality. If you don't like him, so be it. Just leave it at that.

SigmaMu Guest

Danny G: wrong wrong wrong, I dont even remember that Malignaggi fight, it was one I missed and havent had a chance to see on youtube. How can I be a fan of a guy I never saw? YOure assumption was dead wrong.

Grow up.

Now to the other 2 civil and decent posters who asked me about the hype, yes---Cotto has been exaggeratedly hyped by HBO marketeers since Day One. You know what I mean? Like David Reid and Sam Peter and others, who were overhyped from the start. Non-stop comments of grandeur and stellar status about a young fighter who hadn't done too much yet, those first few years, when Lamply and the rest just non-stop praised and touted this guy--that IS the definition of too much HYPE, isn't it?
    HBO did not hype Cotto up, Miguel made a name for himself. The fact that the announcers were pleased and entertained should not be a surprise with as much boring fighters there are in the sport.

I know what your problem is though, you hate Puerto Ricans.

I am Mexican and it was hard to like Puerto Rican fighters because of the rivalry but it did not take me long to see what a great fighter Miguel is. You don't think Miguel is a decent fighter? I think he is very entertaining for one. You don't have to like him but to say he is nothing more than hype, makes me believe you don't know enough about him and or hate him for some other reason you are not mentioning here.

Cotto lost one fight to a man who is now suspended for being caught trying to cheat by loading his wraps with plaster. Now we don't know wether or not Margarito did or did not use it against Cotto but far too many people believe it is a strong very strong posibility that he did. Margarito hit Cotto once and his face was deformed, Shane Mosley hits much harder than Margarito and Cotto's face was not destroyed. I am just glad Margarito was caught because I would have hated seeing this happen to Shane Mosley at his age if you know what I mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Grow up.

Well, Cotto has beaten the shit out of everyone (practically) that has stepped in the ring with him. And Cotto is a fighter who engages in brutality and takes some too. What is not to like or hype about that quality in ANY boxer? And who hyped Sam Peter? The comparison to Cotto is a reach as well as David Reid, who when he fought a real guy in Trinidad, was smoked and never was the same.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the way Blegit and the other poster deals with my view is to accuse me of racism....hmmmm, are you guys sure you're not working for the ACLU?

Wilfredo Benitez is one of my 3 favorite fighters.....hmmmmm....there goes your Puerto Rican point.

As for Cotto, he has come on quite stronger than I expected. I'm talking about all the hype and hoopla in 2003, 2004, 2005, which I think he didn't deserve.

Blegit, you love accusing people of creating their own reality.....and what do YOU do, sir? Live in OTHER PEOPLES" reality? Or did you create one for yourself?

This is a forum made up of hundreds of posters' view of reality.

Why are you participating if you can't stomach another poster's reality?

Go to the BLEGIT BOXING FORUM where everybody will see things exactly how YOU see it. Then you'll be happy.

And cut the name-calling. YOu should have left that behind after 17 years of professional experience you have.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post

Grow up.

Well, Cotto has beaten the shit out of everyone (practically) that has stepped in the ring with him. And Cotto is a fighter who engages in brutality and takes some too. What is not to like or hype about that quality in ANY boxer? And who hyped Sam Peter? The comparison to Cotto is a reach as well as David Reid, who when he fought a real guy in Trinidad, was smoked and never was the same.
    ok i was with you until the Reid thing, cause David Reid gave Tito fits early on in the fight and it ended up being a rather tough fight, and keep in mind Reid only had 14 pro fights by the time he stepped in with Trinidad, and Reid was already the WBA Jr.Middleweight champion with 2 defenses of the title, as for Trinidad ruining him, no it was actually Santos who had ruined him long before Reid even went pro, Daniel Santos is the cause of Reid's droppy eyebrow, and well yea Trinidad just did more damage to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the way Blegit and the other poster deals with my view is to accuse me of racism....hmmmm, are you guys sure you're not working for the ACLU?

Wilfredo Benitez is one of my 3 favorite fighters.....hmmmmm....there goes your Puerto Rican point.

As for Cotto, he has come on quite stronger than I expected. I'm talking about all the hype and hoopla in 2003, 2004, 2005, which I think he didn't deserve.

Blegit, you love accusing people of creating their own reality.....and what do YOU do, sir? Live in OTHER PEOPLES" reality? Or did you create one for yourself?

This is a forum made up of hundreds of posters' view of reality.

Why are you participating if you can't stomach another poster's reality?

Go to the BLEGIT BOXING FORUM where everybody will see things exactly how YOU see it. Then you'll be happy.

And cut the name-calling. YOu should have left that behind after 17 years of professional experience you have.
    Brockton, there are very few, BUT IMPORTANT, rules on this board..

Ignore saddoboxer, moono, and hattonthehammer.

and..

If you ever say anything, ANYTHING, negative about Cotto to Danny G, be prepared for an onslaught of a photoshop and movie making arsenal of insults coming in your direction.. He's the forum clown. He'll call you something like BrocktonCOCKbust or some other immature attempt at an insult to your name and then continue living his life as if there is some substance in what he just did.

It's something you get used to, really..

Thread Information