Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Danny Green made a comeback this weekend

Just in case anyone missed it and cared, he won by knockout.

I never understood why he retired just after finally winning a world title.

He wants Anthony Mundine again. Actually with Mundine, Green and Geale Australia has a few decent fighters in the mix now.

I hope Green does well he has a real chance of making some noise at light heavyweight again and is as deserving as anybody of a shot against Chad Dawson. He's got a great chin, is a huge puncher and has never been close to being stopped so I want to see how he does.

He reminds me quite a bit of Thomas Adamek, if he lets his hands go he's dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Green made a comeback this weekend

Mundine would beat him everytime. Mundine would knock him out in a rematch, he had green hurt in the first fight.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats he planning on campaigning at? LHW? I guess CW would be too much of a ask and not sure if he could get down to 168...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AGM View Post
    Whats he planning on campaigning at? LHW? I guess CW would be too much of a ask and not sure if he could get down to 168...

His comeback fight was around 180 lbs and his last fight prior to that was a world title fight at light heavy so guess he'll be returning to the 175 lb weight class.

I like Danny Green, his problems come when he tries to box. He could have annihilated Marcus Beyer in their second fight if he'd have just swarmed him.

He thinks too much imo and allowed Mundine to completely outbox him. If he let his hands go he'd cause Mundine problems.

I want to see him campaigning at light heavyweight though. He's as worthy an opponent as any for Chad Dawson.

I'd love to see him face Diaconu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AGM View Post

His comeback fight was around 180 lbs and his last fight prior to that was a world title fight at light heavy so guess he'll be returning to the 175 lb weight class.

I like Danny Green, his problems come when he tries to box. He could have annihilated Marcus Beyer in their second fight if he'd have just swarmed him.

He thinks too much imo and allowed Mundine to completely outbox him. If he let his hands go he'd cause Mundine problems.

I want to see him campaigning at light heavyweight though. He's as worthy an opponent as any for Chad Dawson.

I'd love to see him face Diaconu.
    Yeah I always thought he was good fighter. It was strange when he retired. You kind of get the feeling that he's just back to go for a Mundine money-spinner and then retire for good, win or lose.

I agree with you with regards to Dawson, Green at his best could rival all of those LHW pretenders to Dawson's throne imo. If not Diaconu, he's certainly got the tools to deal with Erdei and Garay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Green will fight at 175lb and Mundine is currently fighting at 160lb? Mundine has a possible match up with Pavlik later this year, i cannot see any purpose to a rematch with Green in 2009 or 2010. Mundine will move to the USA for fights after the Geale bout in May.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see Green back, but Bilbo's right... he should have never retired when he did! The Mundine rematch was within reach back then, now he may get passed over!

Maybe he'll look at a Garay fight again?
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with Bilbo that Danny is a good fighter but thinks too much at times and was schooled by Mundine as a result. If he lets fly a bit he certainly dig a bit.
    Mundine is looking for better and bigger things although it would be a money spinner down here so who knows.
    I do get a bit annoyed with sportsmen who release an autobiography and state that's the final chapter and then come back.His prerogative but means you have to stuff the back of the book with clipping to get the end of the story.............can I get a refund Danny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't see the fight unfortunately as they were asking $50 PPV and i'm not paying that for a comeback fight and my local didnt put it on either. Green moved to light heavy as he said he was really having trouble at super middle making the weight and was going into fights drained to the hilt. Since Mundine has moved down to middleweight and Green says he cant get below light heavy without suffering I don't know what weight they would fight at. Might be a catchweight affair. Looking forward to the Mundine V Geale fight though.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Thread Information