Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch vs Calzaghe

I dont know if you folks have already read that Froch and promoter are trying to get Calzaghe out on retirement and fight each other in at the Millenium Stadium sometime soon.Froch has stated in todays paper that he still iyching to fight calzaghe and said that there's no reason Calzaghe should'nt fight him in what would be the biggest british event since years.I do know that Calzaghe took part in the London run yesterday soo he's keeping fit.
    I do know that Froch and his promoter Mick Henessey offered to fight Calzaghe before he retired at a price of 5 million pounds but Joe still turned it down,but Froch is willing for the fight to be made sooner or later.

what do u guys think,would Calzaghe come out of retirement if the money was right and is it a possibility that he would do soo?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Calzaghe

self belief has to have some limits doesn't it? I guess that's one of Froch's strengths, always believes in himself but he'd get hammered by Calzaghe. Calzaghe would have a 400 plus connects type night, Froch's just too easy to hit.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No chance JC comes out of retirement! If he did he would lose imo. He has already settled into retirement and his mindset has changed, I don't think he could get the level of dedication back to fight Carl Froch. He said himself if he came back (or had carried on) he would lose.

Prime for prime JC would win avery lobsided decision imo

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know Big H, it would be one thing if he'd been retired for a while but if they made the fight in the next month or so and he got back into training I don't see any reason why he wouldn't beat Froch, he hasn't been out that long.

Of course its probably pointless as I don't think the fight will happen.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I don't know Big H, it would be one thing if he'd been retired for a while but if they made the fight in the next month or so and he got back into training I don't see any reason why he wouldn't beat Froch, he hasn't been out that long.

As a general rule I'd a gree, but I think Calzaghe is done in his own mind and has nothing more to give. I saw him interviewed a few weeks ago and he said he doesn't miss being in the gym or training and that he is 'Past It'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post

i think it would be a good old tear up.There's bad blood between these to and its been like that for a while now.Froch is riding high on the weekend win over Taylor and is calling out Calzaghe for a major fight over here in Cardiff wales in at the Millenium Stadium.With both fighter having their great reputation of being undefeated and with both fighters having great chins it would bwe a great fight to watch.I think you'll see a totally different Froch if he happened to fight joe.I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT HAPPEN!Now is the time to call out Calzaghe before he gets too relaxed.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why Should Calzaghe fight him? Joe has all the money in the world. Froch is still trying to prove himself. There is no reason for Joe to come back. He has had bigger fights than this one. Plus Froch is unknown in America unlike Joe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why carnt Froch Just accept that Joe is happy in retirement and has been for nearly a year now? Joe has nothing to prove.

If this fight happend when Joe was still fighting.He out boxes Froch easy he tags him with the right hand at will imo. Froch would stand a punchers chance.Only way i see Joe losing is if he comes back now with not much hunger and trys to trade with Froch then he might get caught and put down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a little funny how its asked that people be happy that Calzaghe is happy in retirement to not fight Froch yet say Floyd is retired just to duck people and should fight again
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    It's a little funny how its asked that people be happy that Calzaghe is happy in retirement to not fight Froch yet say Floyd is retired just to duck people and should fight again
    There is a difference Calzaghe is no spring chicken no more.Floys is quite abit younger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've think Froch is a strong Super Middle due to his size and punching power, but, although Clzaghe may not be as powerful as he used to be let just look at one thing.

Froch was in trouble against Taylor. Now without lookin at stats, i'm bettin Taylor threw no where near the amount of shots Calzaghe would throw. Calzaghe would lead Froch a merry dance I believe.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh comon Calzaghe and Mayweathers positionms are very different.

Joe was a world champ for 11 years and is now in his late thirties, hes been very dedicated to stay undefeated and not lose a step in all those years and defences.

Joe hasnt been out for long, only 5 months, he has admitted before hes never liked training so thats thats no different but he wouldnt have lost much after just half a year out, unless the old Jones was deceiving in that Joe looked good but Jones was more ruined than suspected but then Jones did well against Sheika and Hopkins turned in a career best performance over Pavlik.

I dodnt even think a Calzaghe fight would earn Froch very much, it would take a massive wedge to tempt Joe out, considering there would be no prestige name opponent to bring him the glamour he wants but I bet you that Joe watched Froch on the weekend and thought "well if they do get together a nice purse its a very winnable fight"

Prime for prime there is no comparison but if we assume Joe has lost a step then I dont think Froch should get the fight ecause why should he make a name over someone like Joe who earned his the hard way and Froch only has himself to blame for not fighting Joe aleady as it was offered to them a few years ago before.

Boxing: Nottingham's Carl Froch fights for the WBC super-middleweight fight against Jermain Taylor this weekend | Sport | The Guardian

"Calzaghe didn't want to fight me," Froch repeated this week. But Warren claims he met Froch and his legal adviser at the Westbury Hotel in London in 2007 when the fighter was out of contract with Hennessy. "I offered him very good money to fight Calzaghe," Warren tells me. "To put it crudely, he crapped himself. He didn't want to know."

Another relevant snippet from this preview artical

Froch's record is not packed with celebrities, though, so, as he sees it, he is "moving out of the comfort zone into the danger zone" by coming to America to accept the tricky challenge of Taylor, a former middleweight champion who, at his peak, beat Bernard Hopkins twice, before losing twice to the robotic but powerful Kelly Pavlik.
    Hopkins, who lost narrowly to Cal­zaghe a year ago, licked Pavlik like a postage stamp in October, and there are other form-lines all over this scenario. Perhaps the most relevant is Calzaghe's destruction of Jeff Lacy in 2006. In taking apart with disdainful ease the then-unbeaten American, Calzaghe was magnificent. It was the fight that told the world he was for real.
    What is significant for Froch is Taylor's last fight: a routine points win over Lacy in November. Lacy put Taylor down, although it was not called, and was easily beaten in the end. But the point is, if Taylor could not do a better job on Lacy three years after Calzaghe had "finished" him, how will he handle Froch?
    The answer is, he will struggle. Taylor is a slick stylist with a sneaky right hand and a lot of high-grade form, most of it deep in his past. If Froch starts slowly, he will lose on points because the 30-year-old Taylor is still smart enough to run and hide; if he takes the fight to Taylor, he will stop him as emphatically as Pavlik did in 2007.
    Last edited by ross; 04-27-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch's heart and determination are commendable, but Calzaghe has heart and determination on par if not greater than Froch. Calzaghe doesn't tire and he may be the best of all time at volume punching (however, Pwill is fast moving up the ranks). In sum, Calzaghe would dominate Froch.

The question would be whether a Calzaghe v. Froch fight would be a big ticket seller in England. Would an american network buy it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it would be a massive fight in this country, but i think jc is done with boxing, i cant see him coming back, i credit frochs pesistants for wanting the fight tho, hes not short on mineral

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see Calzaghe tempted by this. The fight would now be MASSIVE in Britain.

If the Calzaghe that fought Jones turns up he will wipe the floor with Froch. He needs to have slipped badly since then to lose.

A young Calzaghe would have smashed Froch to pieces inside 4 rounds.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information