Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: WHO WINS?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froch vs Bute?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch vs Bute?

Now i know Carl Froch want to fight Joe Calzaghe but i can't see that happening he also fancies this fight this one i can see happening this year so who wins in this unification fight for the WBC/IBF titles?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Bute?

From what we saw Saturday it’s hard to believe that Froch would have any chances to beat Bute on points; of course Carl could take Lucian out but I rather see a UD in Bute favor.
    I don’t think we will see this happen this year; from what I know Bute and Green are already in negotiations to fight this summer and after that probably (hopefully) we’ll see Bute vs. Andrade II.
    I think Froch vs. Andrade would be a much more interesting fight, like I said a few months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a hard time picking Froch over Bute, but I would make him a very live underdog. Bute would clearly outpoint him, but Froch would certainly have the chance absorb lots of abuse and gut his way to stopping Bute.

Unfortunately for Froch, I think that Andrade's body attack had a lot to do with Bute slowing down enough for Andrade to catch him. Froch isn't the body puncher that Andrade is, though he does some other things much better. Also, Bute has shown that he can punch a little. He KO'd Zuniga pretty quickly and Zuniga takes a pretty good punch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

froch is way too clever a fighter for bute.

Would take him a good while but carl would work bute out and punish him in a bad way.
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    I have a hard time picking Froch over Bute, but I would make him a very live underdog. Bute would clearly outpoint him, but Froch would certainly have the chance absorb lots of abuse and gut his way to stopping Bute.

Unfortunately for Froch, I think that Andrade's body attack had a lot to do with Bute slowing down enough for Andrade to catch him. Froch isn't the body puncher that Andrade is, though he does some other things much better. Also, Bute has shown that he can punch a little. He KO'd Zuniga pretty quickly and Zuniga takes a pretty good punch.

I don't think Bute would clearly outpoint him at all. Jermain Taylor didn't clearly outpoint him. Froch was catching up all the time and had it gone to the cards he would lost a split decision on the official cards, drawn on Al Bernsteins card and drawn on one and won on the two press row cards according to Showtime.

So of 7 cards, 3 official judges, and 4 expert pundits Froch would have won on 3, drawn on 2 and lost on 2 had it gone to points.

And that's against Jermain Taylor, a former undisputed middleweight champ who twice defeated Bernard Hopkins. I don't consider Lucian Bute to have fought and beaten anything like the competition Taylor has and he very nearly came unstuck against Librado Andrade last time out, a guy who was 1-14 as an amatuer.

Just becuase Froch had a bad start against the best, quickest and slickest pure boxer in the supermiddleweight division doesn't mean he can only hope to win fights by knockout from now on.

Froch's power could force Bute into his shell and even if he lasted the distance Froch could win a clear decision.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute doesn't suffer the stamina problems JT has at least not close to that extent. Prior to the 9th round, I had JT winning every round less one, and one was by two points.

Bute has spent his career at 168. He is bigger than Froch. He is a southpaw. He is faster than Froch. Although he faded in the Andrade fight, he doesn't generally fade.

If Froch fights Bute, my money is on Bute.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute is better in nearly every aspect of the game. Froch's heart, determination, and chin make him a live underdog, but I think Bute beats him 9 times out of 10.

And Bilbo, amateur records often have very little bearing on the pro game. Andrade's pro record is what matters, not his amateur one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh ive shit out here, i clicked Bute but i meant Froch.

I dont know if its my English heart speaking, especially after what i saw at the weekend but i just feel the pure speed and footwork of Taylor is what bedazzled Froch for alot of the fight and i think Bute is slower than Taylor. Which means Froch can do more work and that could well be enough.

But im less sure than i would of been 4 days ago.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally, I am certain Bute will mangle him if ever it happens, Bute has way too much power, speed and technique for the Cobra, less we forget he even floored Andrade, which ain't a small accomplishment.
    NOw some peoples will probably argue about the end of the fight; BEfore the end, Bute won every single rounds on every cards except one if I recall, he was literally toying Andrade and tagging him at will. IN the last round, he did something he shouldn't have because of cockyness probably: he went toe to toe and traded bombs and didn't look at his energy, we know the following, a contested end with him running out of gaz in the very last moments, which never happened to him before.
    So: First step: Green this summer. This match shouldn't be a problem at all. If ever he wins against Green, there is his revenge against Andrade this autumn, which will drag a bit more the medias from the US, which is needed because Bute ain't much publicized in Uncle Sam's land. After that... I have 2 guesses: There will be a mandatory fight, I think Bute will pick either the winner of Ward-Miranda as they are both big names in the US and would give him more credibility in the US/visibility or MAds Larsen as INterbox apparently owe a favor to Sauerland. In fact, Larsen was supposed to be Bute's opponent, there was talks but for a reason I ignore, they finally turned to Zuniga, apparently for visibility too.
    For that reason, I think they will chose either of those 2 possibilities, if Bute wins both fights of course. That's what comes after that will be interesting; I think that after a manoeuvre, Interbox will try to unify the titles; Froch if he's still champion or the very dangerous Kessler would be on the line but well, that's a bit distant so let's see but I think that working the thing this way would be very logical.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    froch is way too clever a fighter for bute.

Would take him a good while but carl would work bute out and punish him in a bad way.
    You can say many good things about Carl Froch, but clever is not one of them. Remember, this is Froch, not Calzaghe we are talking about.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Personally, I am certain Bute will mangle him if ever it happens, Bute has way too much power, speed and technique for the Cobra, less we forget he even floored Andrade, which ain't a small accomplishment.
    NOw some peoples will probably argue about the end of the fight; BEfore the end, Bute won every single rounds on every cards except one if I recall, he was literally toying Andrade and tagging him at will. IN the last round, he did something he shouldn't have because of cockyness probably: he went toe to toe and traded bombs and didn't look at his energy, we know the following, a contested end with him running out of gaz in the very last moments, which never happened to him before.
    So: First step: Green this summer. This match shouldn't be a problem at all. If ever he wins against Green, there is his revenge against Andrade this autumn, which will drag a bit more the medias from the US, which is needed because Bute ain't much publicized in Uncle Sam's land. After that... I have 2 guesses: There will be a mandatory fight, I think Bute will pick either the winner of Ward-Miranda as they are both big names in the US and would give him more credibility in the US/visibility or MAds Larsen as INterbox apparently owe a favor to Sauerland. In fact, Larsen was supposed to be Bute's opponent, there was talks but for a reason I ignore, they finally turned to Zuniga, apparently for visibility too.
    For that reason, I think they will chose either of those 2 possibilities, if Bute wins both fights of course. That's what comes after that will be interesting; I think that after a manoeuvre, Interbox will try to unify the titles; Froch if he's still champion or the very dangerous Kessler would be on the line but well, that's a bit distant so let's see but I think that working the thing this way would be very logical.
    If this fight happens I'm willing to sig bet that he doesn't get past Allan Green.

Green will knock him out.

Bute I'm talking about obviously, Froch beats them both.

If you look at boxing history, put a big punching tough fighter in with a great boxer and the great boxer usually wins. However put a big punching tough fighter in with a great boxer with durability problems, the puncher usually knocks him out or at least imposes his will on him enough to win the fight.

Bute has durability issues...........
    Last edited by Kev; 04-28-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Bute is better in nearly every aspect of the game. Froch's heart, determination, and chin make him a live underdog, but I think Bute beats him 9 times out of 10.

And Bilbo, amateur records often have very little bearing on the pro game. Andrade's pro record is what matters, not his amateur one.

I'm just using his amateur record to highlight how deficient he is in boxing fundamentals. When he's stepped up in class against Bute and Kessler he got completely and utterly outclassed. He's far too slow and predictable to beat an elite fighter unless they implode.

Froch on the other hand has proven amatuer skills. A two time ABA champion and a bronze medallist at the World Amatuer Championships in 2000, this is a guy who has tremendous skills.

His bad habits reared their heads in the first few rounds against Taylor but in terms of boxing ability and pedigree he is leaps ahead of Librado Andrade.

If the two ever fight Froch will pick him apart and in my opinion be the first person to knock him out.

You guys are all judging Froch off the back of a single fight, in fact the first 5 rounds of a single fight but he's a much better fighter than that.

Josh if he ever fights Bute or Andrade we HAVE to have a sig bet buddy.

He'd smoke them both

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    If this fight happens I'm willing to sig bet that he doesn't get past Allan Green.

Green will knock him out.

Bute I'm talking about obviously, Froch beats them both.

If you look at boxing history, put a big punching tough fighter in with a great boxer and the great boxer usually wins. However put a big punching tough fighter in with a great boxer with durability problems, the puncher usually knocks him out or at least imposes his will on him enough to win the fight.

Bute has durability issues...........
    Aside from the Andrade fight, what durability issues has Bute shown? And there is an argument that it wasn't durability in that fight, but rather diverging from the game plan and challenging Andrade, that caused him problems in the last round.

As for your take that Allan Green will pose problems for Bute, however, I completely agree. Allan Green poses problems for anyone at 168.

Bute will box circles around Froch. Sig bet if it happens.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm just using his amateur record to highlight how deficient he is in boxing fundamentals. When he's stepped up in class against Bute and Kessler he got completely and utterly outclassed. He's far too slow and predictable to beat an elite fighter unless they implode.

Froch on the other hand has proven amatuer skills. A two time ABA champion and a bronze medallist at the World Amatuer Championships in 2000, this is a guy who has tremendous skills.

His bad habits reared their heads in the first few rounds against Taylor but in terms of boxing ability and pedigree he is leaps ahead of Librado Andrade.

If the two ever fight Froch will pick him apart and in my opinion be the first person to knock him out.

You guys are all judging Froch off the back of a single fight, in fact the first 5 rounds of a single fight but he's a much better fighter than that.

He'd smoke them both
    N.B. Denis Inkin beat Froch in the amateurs.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

He'd smoke them both
    N.B. Denis Inkin beat Froch in the amateurs.
    Yes he did but it was 9 years ago, a four rounder and Froch dropped him in the fourth with 5 seconds remaining so I don't fancy his chances of going 12.

Thread Information