Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac-Hatton: Should be good fight, but "lose-lose" for me

In the past 10 minutes, I've read a Hatton fanatic (not fan... fanatic) claim that Hatton will be p4p # 1 after he beats Pac, a claim I'll bet will multiply if that DOES happen. And I've endured yet another crazed Pac fan who thinks Pac walks on water and shits gold.

On May 2nd..... can't they knock each other out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac-Hatton: Should be good fight, but "lose-lose" for me

Well, like you said...

They're fanatics. So why bother listening everything what they say and let them affect you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally would only shift him up a couple of places towards the top of the P4P list.

Hatton himself seems to have the same idea, he thinks he is fighting for the P4P crown as far as I can make out from the 24/7 series?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's absurd that Hatton himself keeps touting this as for "the PFP championship"...whatever that is anyway....

It's a big fight and he should leave it at that. He was saying it again in that Smitty interview and TBH I wish he would stop it. It only encourages other people who know nothing about boxing to start spouting the same. "Oh, Hatton beat Manny who was No 1 so Hatton must be number 1 now!". Reality check.....NO, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!! Now if Hatton can beat Marquez after then he might have a claim, but otherwise, no. If he beats Manny he can go up to number five for me. But it needs a further big win to take him higher.

I think it's important that Hatton wins this fight as I think the future of the human civilisation depends upon it. A Manny Pac win could have catastrophic consequences and doesn't bear thinking about.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why do members continue to call others fanatic and get so affected. These are the same people going back and forth about the same topics.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    It's absurd that Hatton himself keeps touting this as for "the PFP championship"...whatever that is anyway....

It's a big fight and he should leave it at that. He was saying it again in that Smitty interview and TBH I wish he would stop it. It only encourages other people who know nothing about boxing to start spouting the same. "Oh, Hatton beat Manny who was No 1 so Hatton must be number 1 now!". Reality check.....NO, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!! Now if Hatton can beat Marquez after then he might have a claim, but otherwise, no. If he beats Manny he can go up to number five for me. But it needs a further big win to take him higher.

I think it's important that Hatton wins this fight as I think the future of the human civilisation depends upon it. A Manny Pac win could have catastrophic consequences and doesn't bear thinking about.
    Yeah it's really absurd... and Hatton won't stop mentioning it... The latest in his diary at Yahoo Sports page...

"If I beat Manny Pacquiao and become the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world on Saturday there will be one hell of a party when I get back to England.

Such an occasion demands a special venue, and I already know the perfect place.

The New Inn Pub in Hattersley, just down the road from where I live, is your typical, no-frills English ale house..."

link --> Hatton diary: True to my roots - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a big Hatton fan. By that I mean I like him and I support him. I always said he would lose to PBF and I think he will lose to Pac.

If he beats Pac, does he become P4P number 1? In my opinion, no not a chance!! But there is an argument that if you beat the P4P number 1, that you inturn assume that position!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Ricky Hatton to win ive not always been a fan but now im coming to like him but if he did lose to pac i would'nt be bothered as i like Pac as well so its not the end of the world if Hatton loses. Regarding the P4P#1 spot if Hatton beats Pac perhaps he should be number1 the P4P thing is hard to call because he can only ever fight the number1 if there his weight or close to if the number1 was middleweight or above or under light welterweight he would never get the chance to fight the P4P#1 but he is in the P4P top 10 perhaps if he wins he should become number 2 if not 1 then fight JMM for top spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

too right

1 win does not assend you straight to the very top of the pile, 4-5 however will do.

If pac loses he isnt the p4p best fighter, if hatton wins nor is he!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

too right

1 win does not assend you straight to the very top of the pile, 4-5 however will do.

By that Rationale you would promote somebody else to number 1 without them having had to fight

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

too right

By that Rationale you would promote somebody else to number 1 without them having had to fight
    it's simple, Marquez moves up to #1 if PAC loses, it's not like Manny has a strangle hold on the #1 spot, many are arguing that JMM should be #1 now anyways, a loss to Hatton would only further prove that, so IMO if Hatton wins he moves up to about 5, Pac drops down to either 2 or 3, and Marquez gets the #1 spot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahahahahaha!
    Pac loosing by decision will have hardcore PacFanBoys saying that Pac should have won blah blah blah.
    So I want to see Pac loose flat on his back. After that, I'll be rooting for Pac all the way vs Mayweather, Cotto, etc. Unless he fights a Mexican .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Pac loses, JMM will be the #1 by default and not Hatton.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Hatton goes to number 1 if he wins, but if you think Pac is number 1 now, how can you promote JMM to number 1 if Pac loses, when JMM hasn't fought to do anything to improve his own position? It doesn't make sense!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    In the past 10 minutes, I've read a Hatton fanatic (not fan... fanatic) claim that Hatton will be p4p # 1 after he beats Pac, a claim I'll bet will multiply if that DOES happen. And I've endured yet another crazed Pac fan who thinks Pac walks on water and shits gold.

I'm a massive Hatton fan, but if he beats Manny, he won't be P4P #1, Marquez will.

Also, you can't say Pacquiao can't walk on water. You haven't seen him try!

Thread Information