Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the first fight you wanna play?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: What's the first fight you wanna play?

He's the Kevin Federline of boxing....he has an inflated since of self worth for no apparent reason. He taunts his opponents, mocking them and he doesn't have any punching power and his defense isn't all that great. He beat Peter Manfredo...WOW that's difficult

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    He's the Kevin Federline of boxing....he has an inflated since of self worth for no apparent reason. He taunts his opponents, mocking them and he doesn't have any punching power and his defense isn't all that great. He beat Peter Manfredo...WOW that's difficult
    LMAO! I actually always kind of felt some sympathy for K-Fed, everyone hated him but he just seemed like a guy who had somehow shagged his way into money to me. If Mora does that then yeah he is a bit of a dick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    i really wanted to reply to Jaz's question, but this was a great response.. good work, Lyle!

El Kabong Guest

I have seen Sergio Mora LITTERALLY draw a line on the canvas with his foot as if to say "if you cross this line I'll knock you out!"....but the thing is, Mora has 21 wins but only 5 KO's. From the moment I saw that shit I swore that I would witness his destruction...he finally lost a fight vs Vernon Forrest but that's not enough, I want Mora either beaten up and stopped or just KTFO with one vicious blow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that I'll start by using a lighter Roberto Duran to beat some class into Vinny Paz, I really look forward to his edification. Revisiting the Paz/RJJ fight is a must too.

I'll probably be spending the majority of the time creating guys that are not on the roster. I'd build Paul Williams for a match against Tommy Hearns, use Pep to make Malignaggi look like an assclown, and Marciano to take on Frazier. A fun match up would be Areola vs. Butterbean. I'd probably play as Areola and try to outbox Butterbean, and considering their gas tanks, I better set the duration for 4-6 rounds (no point in making a 15 rounder).

Lyle, why don't you build Wladimir Klitschko to take on Sergio Mora, just try to make it last for at least 1 minute. Make him feel like he's got a chance while he's on the chopping block, perhaps a little rope-a-dope before you drop the axe on him.
    Last edited by Chris Nagel; 05-24-2009 at 10:53 AM.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

since hearns is in il think i will match him and hagler up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    That'd be a good matchup, I wonder how Thomas would have have been like fighting at his best against Hagler. Didn't they say that his legs were weak in their fight?
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post
    That'd be a good matchup, I wonder how Thomas would have have been like fighting at his best against Hagler. Didn't they say that his legs were weak in their fight?
    hearns broke his hand i believe dont kno about his weak legs though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is this game gonna be on the wii ever?
    Last edited by Drago; 05-25-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: mistake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm, I didn't hear about a broken hand before. The weak legs thing is according to what Emanuel Steward said.

Having Hearns in the game is going to make for some fun matchups, reliving the classics, and creating some new interesting fights.

With all the accolades surrounding Pacquiao right now, just think about how he might do against Hearns. Or put Hatton in the ring with Hearns and see who looks like a "hitman" when it's over. There'll be a hitman alright and then the guy getting hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mundine vs Calzaghe probably....then Tyson vs some poor welterweight or something
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm, I didn't hear about a broken hand before. The weak legs thing is according to what Emanuel Steward said.

Having Hearns in the game is going to make for some fun matchups, reliving the classics, and creating some new interesting fights.

With all the accolades surrounding Pacquiao right now, just think about how he might do against Hearns. Or put Hatton in the ring with Hearns and see who looks like a "hitman" when it's over. There'll be a hitman alright and then the guy getting hit.
    Dude what have you got against Tommy Hearns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tommy Hearns: Biography from Answers.com

there you go. enjoy the read.

if u dont wanna read the whole thing il just put the paragragh which explains it.

"We knew it was over," Steward said in In The Corner. "All the months of training and some guy is rubbing down Tommy's legs about three hours before the fight. Because a rubdown is what you get when you're through with a workout so your muscles will be stretched. By the time he came in the ring, his legs were all messed up," he explained further. Legs aside, the first round of his bout with "Marvelous Marvin" Hagler in 1985 is now considered in boxing circles to be the best first round of all time. Hearns broke his hand in that round against Hagler's head. He had opened a gash in Hagler's forehead that looked like it would stop the fight in the third round when the ringside doctor was called in to look at it. But the fight went on and then Hagler dropped Hearns. Although he got to his feet before the count was over, the fight was stopped and Hagler got the TKO.

ps, it was his legs too.
    Last edited by kingfrnk; 05-26-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty sure I'm going for Cory Spinks. I don't know who I'm going to use but I'm going to beat him up a bit.

it suks that they aint puttin PBF in. if he was in then i would kick pac and cottos ass with him.

but il probably use whitaker to kick JCCs ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21 View Post
    I was hoping PBF was gonna be in it also. I wanted to pit PBF vs Pernell. I've been waiting to use Pernell forever hes one of my all time fav fighters.
    Just give it some time. Eventually Fight Night will release fighters for download cause that's what all the new games are doing. Floyd will probably be one of those fighters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i also hear calzaghe is in. il think i will use tyson on him

Thread Information