Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Anyone Else Score The 1st Pac-Morales Fight A Draw?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Did Anyone Else Score The 1st Pac-Morales Fight A Draw?

I know Im going back a few years, but this was a great fight between two great fighters. I remember thinking that the judges were a little bias because Manny was bloodied up. I remember after watching the fight a few times, I came up with the same result; 6 rounds a piece, a draw. Regardless, this fight only helped propel the status of both fighters. It would be one of Morales's biggest wins and his last one in a great career that was already one of the best in the era prior to that fight. And as we know, Manny would go to do great things and that fight marked the last time he lost. Even I had the fight a draw, I have absolutely no problem the verdict, Erik was the superior boxer throughout most of the rounds imo. Still on a round to round basis I had it 6-6. I havent watched the fight in a couple years now, but hearing Floyd say Pac was outboxed by Morales got me thinking about it.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Anyone Else Score The 1st Pac-Morales Fight A Draw?

It's been awhile. But last I scored it I had it 9 rounds to 3 for Morales. No way that fight was a draw. Only some of the real stupid Pac groupies score it that way. The less stupid ones actually admit the defeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im definately not a Pac groupie lol I actually picked Oscar and Hatton to beat him...as embarassing as it is to admit. I guess Im a fan of his now, but its hard not to appreciate what hes done in is career. I was just thinking about the fight and I remembered how I scored it for some reason. At the time I definately wasnt a Pac fan. I was a fan of JMM and he had just drew with him a few fights before. I honestly wasnt pulling for either fighter, I just had it a draw. Like I said, not to take anything away from Morales, hes a Legend and I have no problem with the decision as it was close.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well it was a fight that was won by erik with 2 point difference on all 3 judges' scorecard. although i agree with the result, you can just score one round the other way and you would have your draw.

XaduBoxer Guest

I also had it a draw (6-6) but got no complain with the judges 7-5 scoring in favor of Erik... One swing round in the judges scorecard and it will be a draw (6-6)... Only PAC haters will score it 9-3 or worst for Morales... It's a very close fight and 9-3 is just ridiculous...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Im definately not a Pac groupie lol I actually picked Oscar and Hatton to beat him...as embarassing as it is to admit. I guess Im a fan of his now, but its hard not to appreciate what hes done in is career. I was just thinking about the fight and I remembered how I scored it for some reason. At the time I definately wasnt a Pac fan. I was a fan of JMM and he had just drew with him a few fights before. I honestly wasnt pulling for either fighter, I just had it a draw. Like I said, not to take anything away from Morales, hes a Legend and I have no problem with the decision as it was close.
    I wasn't talking about you. You alright. I know you ain't no groupie. I blame you scoring it a draw to heavy drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    I also had it a draw (6-6) but got no complain with the judges 7-5 scoring in favor of Erik... One swing round in the judges scorecard and it will be a draw (6-6)... Only PAC haters will score it 9-3 or worst for Morales... It's a very close fight and 9-3 is just ridiculous...
    I rest my case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How the hell was that a draw? I don't think Morales dominated Pacquiao in the fight, but no way did Pacquiao deserve a draw in that fight. Even in the second fight I didn't Pacquiao ahead on the scorecards until quite late in the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I wasn't talking about you. You alright. I know you ain't no groupie. I blame you scoring it a draw to heavy drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    I rest my case.
    Well the fight was 4 years ago which would make me 21, so it would be the booze that wouldve impaired my judgement, but I stand by my scoring. I remember it pretty clearly. I agree with Saddoboxer that 9-3 is pretty ridiculous. 115-113 Morales is acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few boxing journalist had it a draw. Pedro fernandez even have it a pac win.

Morales looks spectacular in rounds he won and still have his moments on rounds won by pacquiao that's why it looks convincing.

7 rounds to 5 is fine. get 1 round the other way and you have a draw. a draw doesnt sound insane IMO.

115-113 is the official decision. I have no problem with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miron i agree with everything you said, dont agree with Fernandez that Pac won though either. Morales did look awesome in spots throughout the fight

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember watching that fight and I knew it was close but I thought Pac lost that one. I might take another look but first looks are usually right more often than not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had the fight 115-113 for Morales. I remember it being a close fight but Morales had it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At best I gave Pac 4 rounds in that fight.
    I felt Erik dictated the fight, he was more in control.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still haven't seen this fight, if anyone knows where I find a decent version please send me a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Morales winning 7-5.

Thread Information