Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Hayemaker Haye WAR-WAGON! ALL ABOARD ! WOO WOO !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Hayemaker Haye WAR-WAGON! ALL ABOARD ! WOO WOO !!!

....some wagon this piece of shit couldn't even get us out of town. I'm jumpin off, at least the wlad wagon runs.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....some wagon this piece of shit couldn't even get us out of town. I'm jumpin off, at least the wlad wagon runs.
    Well, the Vitali wagon has had MANY canceled or postponed fights because of Vitali always getting injured.

As for the Wlad-Wagon...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

EDIT:
    Eh, I'm deleting the Wlad image that I posted with all the knockdowns; it was a cheap-shot on Wlad even if a few guys here may've liked it.

Wlad may've never caught on big with the fans, but ya gotta acknowledge that Wlad always comes in shape, is respectful, and has always carried himself and the strap with class, a trait he's continued to display even in light of this big fight being canceled.

David Haye pulls out of fight against Wladimir Klitschko | Sport | guardian.co.uk

"I'm not one to throw garbage at a man who's down, although if it was the other way around I'm sure he would do this."
    - Wladimir Klitschko on the Haye injury.

^ Everyone knows Wlad's statement is exactly true.

Last edited by bradlee180; 06-03-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Removed a photo.

El Kabong Guest

Wladimir is a class champion as is Vitali....they are both very respectful fighters.

As for Vitali calling off fights, he's had 39 pro-boxing matches, 210 (or so) amateur boxing matches, and a lot of kick boxing matches and you're bound to have some injuries here and there as you age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What "war-wagon"?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Quinito View Post
    What "war-wagon"?
    My guess is that it's a play off of "bandwagon" and it should now be called the "Ambulance"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Wladimir is a class champion as is Vitali....they are both very respectful fighters.

As for Vitali calling off fights, he's had 39 pro-boxing matches, 210 (or so) amateur boxing matches, and a lot of kick boxing matches and you're bound to have some injuries here and there as you age.
    Vitali, for instance, pulled out of SIX world title fights in a three-year period, before finally having to retire.
    Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^ C'mon fellas, don't kick a guy when he's down; this isn't MMA, it's not PrideFC.
    This is Boxing.

El Kabong Guest

I'm not kicking...I think this is a GREAT thing for David Haye. Haye needs more experience at heavyweight!!! If David Haye got the WBA belt and then fought Wlad or Vitali it would be GREAT for him and for boxing.

Haye needs 2-3 more fights at heavyweight to really be ready and vs top level fighters!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not kicking...I think this is a GREAT thing for David Haye. Haye needs more experience at heavyweight!!! If David Haye got the WBA belt and then fought Wlad or Vitali it would be GREAT for him and for boxing.

Haye needs 2-3 more fights at heavyweight to really be ready and vs top level fighters!
    You seem really happy about this. Were you not looking forward to the fight?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

Lyle knows it was never going to be a fight. I don't consider Tyson-Spinks to be a fight. This fight was going to mirror that one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Lyle knows it was never going to be a fight. I don't consider Tyson-Spinks to be a fight. This fight was going to mirror that one
    So you think Haye was going to spark out Wlad?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What an absolute disaster for the heavyweight boxing scene. Haye pulls out, and perennial contender Brian Minto is putting himself forward as a possible victim opponent. There's no doubt the majority of those with tickets will still attend to see Wlad, but its just gone from superfight to dull defence. There's very little chance of a live opponent now and gutted for the fans who are going, and gutted for me who was looking forward to watch it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe in Fight Night 4. But in the actual ring Haye was getting crushed. And he knew it

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't think he would of wanted to get paid though?

He's made all of this talk about Heavyweight Champion etc... You can't jump off a cliff and then change your mind. I don't think it's possible for him to get back to cruiser.

If he doesn't want to fight for the heavyweight belt I don't really see what other direction he could go now with out looking like a fool.

If I'd done all of that talking and then bottled it I would rather take my licks and at least get paid instead of getting nothing and skulking off.

It may not even be a terrible injury but I think he knows he's in deep water and if he's not 100% he's got little chance of pulling it out.

You have to give credit to Wlad for not tearing Haye a new one for this... he could really make a fool out of him for it... though I think he knows that by saying nothing he is saying something!!

Whatever Haye does now he should at least fight SOMEBODY as soon as the hand gets better... got to keep active in the division and grow into it properly which honestly I think may help him in the long run.

Was slightly favouring Wlad in this fight and a few decent opponents at heavy would let me know whether to strongly favour Wlad or favour Haye if they do fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe in Fight Night 4. But in the actual ring Haye was getting crushed. And he knew it
    Yeah that's what I thought so why is Lyle happy it's off/delayed? Would have been a good fight.

Thread Information