Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul Williams vs Kelly Pavlik

Definately a great fight here. i don't know that Kelly will ever get to be a good lateral moving fighter, but I do think he can adapt. And adapt he will need to do to contend with people like Williams, and obv. B-hop.

I still believe Pavlik was not well for the B-hop fight, bronchitis being the issue, but also don't think it wouldn't have mattered much, other then have been slightly closer.

So yea, I have a lot of respect for both of these fighters, and would sure like to see this, to know where Kelly is in his development. And to again watch that freakish punch machine Paul Williams do his work. Def. a PPV event.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 06-08-2009 at 03:58 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams is just a complete freak. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him outwork Pavlik over twelve and coming through it relatively unscathed too. I love watching Williams fight, he is great fun.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Williams is just a complete freak. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him outwork Pavlik over twelve and coming through it relatively unscathed too. I love watching Williams fight, he is great fun.
    That under and around the guard uppercut he landed against Wright was ridiculous, noone else has the build to do that.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Williams might even take out Pavlik late on, if he lands at will he might just break Pavlik down..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Williams takes this because of his output, it's just ridiculous & his reach will still be good at MW (hell it would be good at HW) & I think Pavlik would struggle to get inside, his gameplan always seems to me keep them at his distance than hit em with straights until they falter. Doing that on Williams with his reach advantage & movement would be a tall order & I wouldn't be surprised if Williams takes him out late, as B-Hop could have taken Pavlik out, but didn't really put the effort into it until the last 10 seconds, rather choosing to play it safe & just beat up on him for fun.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This came up a while ago and was funny.Now,Im not laughing so much.Williams stands a pretty good shot.But should not think himself an equal puncher and stand still for too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must disagree with most. We haven't see anything that Williams can take a good shot from a solid middleweight like Kelly. His offence is his defense but remember Kelly can through upward of 100 punches a round himself. I think Williams would do fairly well early but once he feels the weight and the power of a true middleweight he will be toast. I would go with Kelly by KO in about eight or nine rounds.
    Last edited by The Fightfan; 06-08-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    IMO it's a pick em fight, but it doesn't need to happen now, the fight that needs to happen is Pavlik/Abraham
    Also throw Sturm in that mix once he can relocate his nuts!
    with you on that one, i seriously don't get why Sturm never tried to go down to 154, he's not really a big middleweight and IMO can easily make the trip down, honestly i believe that his lack of real power is the main reason he avoids power punchers like Abraham and Pavlik, but i think that he would be stronger at 154

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Williams is able to withstand Pavlik's shots he will win a clear decision.

I would personally pick Williams to win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    That under and around the guard uppercut he landed against Wright was ridiculous, noone else has the build to do that.
    I KNOW! I've never seen that happen before. When they showed the replay of that shot, my brother and I couldn't stop laughing. It was such a weird concept for a punch that it caught us off guard. I don't think it has knockout power but it scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be a great fight. I'm curious to see how Williams deals with a man who has similar height but superior punching power. Would be worthy of ppv but even better live. Kelly's over the b-hop fight so it's pointless to post remarks about him still being affected in any way. True it's just ones opinions and i respect that but sit down and talk with him or watch him at the gym and you'd know he's ready to defend his title with the past behind him. He is just as busy as Williams, and once Kelly hits you your game plan changes. I gotta go with my boy Kelly.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mexirican View Post
    This would be a great fight. I'm curious to see how Williams deals with a man who has similar height but superior punching power. Would be worthy of ppv but even better live. Kelly's over the b-hop fight so it's pointless to post remarks about him still being affected in any way. True it's just ones opinions and i respect that but sit down and talk with him or watch him at the gym and you'd know he's ready to defend his title with the past behind him. He is just as busy as Williams, and once Kelly hits you your game plan changes. I gotta go with my boy Kelly.
    one thing is to look good in the gym and another to actually be over it and have your confidence back in an actual fight, and he didn't seem too over it in his last fight against Rubio

Thread Information