Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why don't GBP promote an in-house megafight, JMM vs. Mosley?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why don't GBP promote an in-house megafight, JMM vs. Mosley?

Mosley would crush him. Even more of a loony matchup than Floyd Marquez. That's no diss on Marquez, just that Mosley can easily fight at 154 and is bigger than Floyd and has more power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would Marquez want to face Mosley?

Mosley walks to the ring at 160 pounds, whereas Floyd only weighs in the high 140s on fight night. And Marquez would make less money against Mosley.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a big stretch for JMM, Even Pacquiao too.

Putting JMM against Hatton, now there ya promo!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Xadu,

Why are you so determined that the PBF/JMM fight not to go ahead?

You have created threads asking people to boycott the fight so that a PBF/Pac fight is more easily made, you have repeated neverending 'sources' about how badly the fight is doing in ticket & PPV sales (even though PPVs don't become available any more than 2 weeks before a fight) & now you're saying that JMM should just fight Mosley instead.

Otherwise you increasingly underplay JMM's chances & have called it as it was PBF vs Kid Thunder.

Is it because you want a PBF/Pac fight? (Which will still happen as long as both keep winning)

Or is it because you're worried that PBF might beat JMM more convincingly or that JMM beats PBF, and either way the winner may have better negotiating power against Pac & also may take the P4P #1 crown?

Seriously XB, stop tryna push agendas

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Xadu,

I'm just exploring the possibilities... PBF is "injured"... JMM might not wait for PBF to heal and go ahead fight someone else... It could be Mosley... An easy megafight to make since both are GBP boys... PAC and Cotto are almost tied up for November 14... GBP hopefully should give us another mega match-up in JMM-Mosley with winner facing winner of PAC-Cotto... Isn't it great possibility?? BTW, forget Floyd... He better retire again...

You have created threads asking people to boycott the fight so that a PBF/Pac fight is more easily made, you have repeated neverending 'sources' about how badly the fight is doing in ticket & PPV sales (even though PPVs don't become available any more than 2 weeks before a fight) & now you're saying that JMM should just fight Mosley instead.

Hmmmnnn...

Otherwise you increasingly underplay JMM's chances & have called it as it was PBF vs Kid Thunder.

PBF has millions of advantages over JMM... PBF was initially installed as 4 to 1 favorite... PBF robbed JMM with him taking $15M of the purse and leaving only $3M to the poor JMM (83/17 purse split )... Call this fight what you want but I call it unfair, mismatch, tune-up fight...

Is it because you want a PBF/Pac fight? (Which will still happen as long as both keep winning)

Yes I love to see the day PAC slice and dice PBF's "Pretty Boy" face... I said that before but with all this PBF's recent antics, I want him to retire again so he won't mess the existing excellent match-ups at 147/140...

Or is it because you're worried that PBF might beat JMM more convincingly or that JMM beats PBF, and either way the winner may have better negotiating power against Pac & also may take the P4P #1 crown?

I don't care whatever the result of this PBF-JMM fight if it will eventually pushes through... In the first place I expected this fight to turn out as a boring tactical chess match between 2 master counterpunchers... I'm not really that interested with this fight, much more with the result...

Mate, I just want to discuss these possibilities here... BTW what's "tryna"??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They should have occasional tournaments like other sports do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by XaduBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Mosley is far too big for Marquez. Let's remember Marquez is really a lightweight and has spent most his time in lower weight classes.

Shane Mosely has gone to Junior-Middleweight at one stage.

I'ld think this is a mismatch.

GBP is pushing for a PAC-Mosley fight up to the point of ridiculously saying that PAC is avoiding Mosley...

If PAC-Mosley is OK with GBP, JMM-Mosley would be too...

don't u have a pac forum to bum pac in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Mosley is far too big for Marquez. Let's remember Marquez is really a lightweight and has spent most his time in lower weight classes.

GBP is pushing for a PAC-Mosley fight up to the point of ridiculously saying that PAC is avoiding Mosley...

I think Xadu has a legit question.

If PAC and JMM are equals (or JMM is greater than Pac as he, his fans, and ODLH claims he is), then JMM-Mosley fight certainly could be pushed as hard as PAC-Mosley.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keypool View Post

I think Xadu has a legit question.

If PAC and JMM are equals (or JMM is greater than Pac as he, his fans, and ODLH claims he is), then JMM-Mosley fight certainly could be pushed as hard as PAC-Mosley.
    GBP won't even have a hard time pushing for a JMM-Mosley fight... IMO it's very easy for GBP to make this fight... Why push hard for PAC-Mosley when PAC is almost signed with Cotto and there's JMM-Mosley megafight which can be made in a flick of a finger??

XaduBoxer Guest

Tho this is a JMM vs. Mosley thread, I have to mention PAC because Mosley is pursuing a PAC fight, JMM pursuing a PAC 3rd fight, everybody loves to fight PAC... I'm also the threadstarter...
    Last edited by XaduBoxer; 06-17-2009 at 06:44 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Xadu,

I'm just exploring the possibilities... PBF is "injured"... JMM might not wait for PBF to heal and go ahead fight someone else... It could be Mosley... An easy megafight to make since both are GBP boys... PAC and Cotto are almost tied up for November 14... GBP hopefully should give us another mega match-up in JMM-Mosley with winner facing winner of PAC-Cotto... Isn't it great possibility?? BTW, forget Floyd... He better retire again...

Hmmmnnn...

PBF has millions of advantages over JMM... PBF was initially installed as 4 to 1 favorite... PBF robbed JMM with him taking $15M of the purse and leaving only $3M to the poor JMM (83/17 purse split )... Call this fight what you want but I call it unfair, mismatch, tune-up fight...

Yes I love to see the day PAC slice and dice PBF's "Pretty Boy" face... I said that before but with all this PBF's recent antics, I want him to retire again so he won't mess the existing excellent match-ups at 147/140...

I don't care whatever the result of this PBF-JMM fight if it will eventually pushes through... In the first place I expected this fight to turn out as a boring tactical chess match between 2 master counterpunchers... I'm not really that interested with this fight, much more with the result...

Seriously, you got your own board created just so you could push your agendas there, but it's not long before you are back 'trying' to push your Pac agenda. Why not just create this in the Pacquiao forum? Mosley is quite a bit bigger than PBF & uses his strength more when fighting so it would be way more of a physical mismatch.

You quote all these facts & figures, yet the general split reported in the press is 75-25. Although obviously Ring magazine & ESPN must be the ones having it wrong not you

The fact that you constantly push an agenda, particularly with Mayweather & Marquez, annoy me way more than all the Pac threads about Pac turning up to some awards ceremony. Not that you have any care what effect you have on others on the forum

XaduBoxer Guest

Xadu,

Hmmmnnn...

Seriously, you got your own board created just so you could push your agendas there, but it's not long before you are back 'trying' to push your Pac agenda. Why not just create this in the Pacquiao forum? Mosley is quite a bit bigger than PBF & uses his strength more when fighting so it would be way more of a physical mismatch.

This is not a PAC agenda... Im asking why GBP can't make JMM-Mosley fight... Mosley stated that he can go down to 143/144 so this can be an equalizer for JMM for Mosley's physical advantages...

You quote all these facts & figures, yet the general split reported in the press is 75-25. Although obviously Ring magazine & ESPN must be the ones having it wrong not you

I've read PBF will get $15M and also read from ESPN that JMM will get $3M plus (they're not specific how much is the plus)... Even if JMM gets $4M, it won't be a 75-25 split... It is something like 79-21 split...

The fact that you constantly push an agenda, particularly with Mayweather & Marquez, annoy me way more than all the Pac threads about Pac turning up to some awards ceremony. Not that you have any care what effect you have on others on the forum

I care... I've been a member of many boxing forums but I selected Saddo as my homebase as of recent since I found that most members here do respect each other... Unfortunately there's always some bad ones that you will be constantly attacked whatever you post... Actually we can objectively discuss boxing here... We just have to accept that we agree to disagree on some issues without going personal... Just pure boxing discussions and some fun...

XaduBoxer Guest

link --> DE LA HOYA PLEADS CASE FOR MOSLEY VS. PACQUIAO

It appears that WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley has decided to forego the press releases for now in favor of allowing his partners to do their job to help promote his career. Earlier this week, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer and partner Bernard Hopkins spoke out about Manny Pacquiao's selection of Miguel Cotto over Shane Mosley as his next opponent. Now, the man for which the promotional company was named after, Oscar De La Hoya, is speaking out on Mosley's behalf to help plead his case.

"Shane is the top guy at welterweight and I don't see why or how Cotto can come down in weight. He struggles to make 147. You have Shane wanting to come down a few pounds to accommodate Pacquiao and Cotto not really wanting to do that. Everybody is avoiding Shane. I don't care who you are -- Manny, Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather -- if you want to be the best welterweight, you have to fight Mosley. The biggest fights out there for Pacquiao are Mosley and Floyd Mayweather. There's no doubt," De La Hoya would tell Dan Rafael of ESPN.com in a recent interview.

While it's true that many consider Mosley to be the top dog at welterweight after his total domination of Antonio Margarito, it's interesting that De La Hoya would choose to make those comments when it comes to a potential clash with Manny Pacquiao. Ironically, when it came time to announce Floyd Mayweather's return to the ring, not one word from De La Hoya, Schaefer or Hopkins was ever uttered about Shane Mosley being the best welterweight. In fact, instead of demanding that Mosley get a shot at Mayweather, who also campaigns at welterweight, Golden Boy Promotions was much more eager to stage a showdown with lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez.

"Floyd Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Marquez has the potential to be one of boxing's all-time great fights. Not only are they two boxers destined for the Hall of Fame and two of the greatest technicians of this era, but they also both have a warrior's spirit that comes out when they get tested. I know that they'll push each other to the limit when they step into the ring July 18th," De La Hoya would proclaim back on May 2nd as he proudly announced the bout just hours before Manny Pacquiao was getting set to face Ricky Hatton. Richard Schaefer would add, "Mayweather is clearly making a statement by accepting this challenge to fight the dangerous Marquez in his first fight back. Having seen Floyd perform live in his two previous fights, I know a big challenge brings out the best him."

Where was the sense of urgency back then to help Mosley land the big fight? Perhaps if Oscar would have voiced his opinion then, there would have been no need for Mosley to use a PR firm to try and help him get fights. After all, isn't that what a promoter is for in the first place? Instead of pitting their lightweight champion against Mayweather, maybe they would have been better off giving their welterweight champion the fight he's been asking for since 2007. Being a partner, one would think that Mosley would have first dibs on any big fight opportunities. If he's wondering who to blame for his inability to land a mega-fight, he need look no further than his own promotional company.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Xadu,

Well put ..... BINGO ....... I was wondering the same thing. If the fight had actually been staged and JMM beat PBF he should by all rights deserved the bigger share in the 3rd match. Beating the unbeaten PBF would be a larger feat that Pac beating weight drained ODLH and a soon tobe drained Cotto. We all know how Pac huggers claim that the 2nd fights delay was JMM's fault. Common sense will tell you that he had no choice but to take on John for less money. JMM was the champion at that time so why should he have had to take the lesser sum? Yet now Pac fans say he has the rights to dictate the terms now ? Seems like a contradiction ....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You already know the answers so why do you bring it up? Pac already fought at 147 and beat the man at 140. JMM has not even fought at 140. It's really not that hard

Thread Information