Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Humberto Soto vs Edwin Valero

Wow! That would be a phone booth fight wouldn't it? To be honest, no one ever really mentions a fight between these two guys but why not? It would be all action and both would be looking to rip each other's heads off.

I can't really say because Valero is really untested. My gut instinct is telling me Soto pulls this one off but it's really a pick 'em. Whoever lands the biggest shot first wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A sure barnburner!!! The definite speed/power edge to Valero, chin/defense maybe Soto and skill definitely Soto.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Who wins and Why?
    i am a big soto fan but basing it to his recent outing i really can't tell now if he'll win vs valero.

is valero the real deal? if he wins against the likes of soto then he is, what more if the guy he'll beat will be jmm.(if that happens)

if soto weathered the storm early he might outbox valero all through out but again basing to soto's last outing which was disappointing for a champ, his stamina might be suspect. his workrate was down on the later rounds of that fight and his foe found a way to effectively counter punch soto. good thing at the end soto still won via tko. but if that happens in a valero vs.soto scenario, a valero vs mosquera comes in to my mind. valero might ko soto if his stamina gives in. and valero has a monstrous ko power!

surprisingly i vote valero based through their recent outings. and valero was really tested against pitalua which valero pulled off. only difference is: pitalua is nowhere the caliber of soto.

valero by tko in late rounds.
    but if soto improves his stamina it'll be soto by ud or possibly, a late round tko. by 10 or 11!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soto would win. Simply because he's not a tricycle driver.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no one can really judge Valero's chin cause it's never really been tested, speed i'd say is dead even, and power goes to Valero, but overall boxing ability although no Mayweather goes to Soto, i see this fight beeing a tough one probably Valero winning the early rounds by smothering Soto and muscling him around, but Soto working the body and seeing how Valero tired a bit the only fight that he went up to the 10th, although he clearly still had the power, i'd think it'd be the first fight to go the distance, and maybe even a SD loss for Valero, really a pretty even fight though

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rate Soto very highly, & personally I think he outboxes him for most of the early rounds, with Valero going head-hunting in the first 2 & then losing energy a bit, & I reckon Soto TKO's him in the 10th or 11th

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would be great.Personaly I cannot wait for Antillon to get a crack at someone....anyone!!Soto can have trouble with movers and guys not willing too engage.Valero will be right there and Soto will have the options of mobilty and once he gets the rangy arsenal going I'm thinking he KO's Valero midway.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to go with my man Soto.

This would be a great fight, I like both guys, they both would give it their all in the ring, but Soto is the smarter boxer IMO. He can also take a lot of punishment, which would be key in the opening rounds, since I think Valero would probably start the early rounds with guns blazing. I think that Soto would get through those rounds, and his body attack would eventually slow Valero down by mid-rounds, were Soto then could get a TKO in the later rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soto looked the worst I have seen him in his last fight, but hopefully that was just an off night. And to his opponents credit, he was game himself. Still, that version of Soto I wouldnt favor against any of the champions. But at his best, he is one of the best all around fighters in the lower weights. The Soto that dominated Pacquiao, exposes Valeros weaknesses imo. Another thing too is Soto has a very good chin and can take Valeros punches better than almost all his previous opponents so we will likely see Valero in deep waters, which is more Sotos territory.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information