Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather vs Marquez

Has Mayweather said anything more about his injury/delay? Or is he being a Haye?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs Marquez

the fight wasn't selling worth a crap so they moved it to the Mexician holiday in Sept. It also gives them more time to hype it. So yeah I guess he pulled a Haye

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He never had an injury we all know why it was moved to September so why do they make up this bullshit? It's pathetic.

That goes for Haye and his people too, the money was not there and all of a sudden "Oh shit, my back"

Give us some respect and tell the truth, we pay to fucking watch you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This even makes it a more suspect injury. "I am relieved to to be cleared"

Who talks like that when they have recovered from an injury? If he were really hurt, shouldn't he be saying "My ribs feel fine!" or "I feel fine and my ribs are not even sore now, I can move without pain." But there is nothing like that, just a generic statement that the doctor said it ok. It kinda sounds like he's bringing a fake sick note to school.

Boxing - USA Boxing News - Mayweather Jnr’s Vow

‘Pretty Boy’, who faces Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on September 19, is now ready to re-claim his crown, stating: “I will destroy Marquez and reclaim my rightful place as boxing’s pound-for-pound king all in one night.

“I am relieved to be cleared to fight as I was already looking forward to getting back in the ring.”

If Mayweather Jnr does defeat the Mexican tough guy, Floyd is expected to face Pacquiao to settle once and for all who is the best fighter on the planet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    This even makes it a more suspect injury. "I am relieved to to be cleared"

Who talks like that when they have recovered from an injury? If he were really hurt, shouldn't he be saying "My ribs feel fine!" or "I feel fine and my ribs are not even sore now, I can move without pain." But there is nothing like that, just a generic statement that the doctor said it ok. It kinda sounds like he's bringing a fake sick note to school.

Boxing - USA Boxing News - Mayweather Jnr’s Vow

‘Pretty Boy’, who faces Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on September 19, is now ready to re-claim his crown, stating: “I will destroy Marquez and reclaim my rightful place as boxing’s pound-for-pound king all in one night.

“I am relieved to be cleared to fight as I was already looking forward to getting back in the ring.”

If Mayweather Jnr does defeat the Mexican tough guy, Floyd is expected to face Pacquiao to settle once and for all who is the best fighter on the planet.
    Gotta agree with you there... I can't recall the last time a sportsman said "The doc said i'm okay", except when we've been having updates the whole time and the athlete has said he feels fine etc, he's just waiting on news from the doctor that everything has healed correctly from the inside blah blah...

It was a load of rubbish from the start and still is.... I was sick of the Mayweather talk during his retirement, and i'm damn well sick of it now he's supposed to be back....

He's one fighter who you love to hate and hope he gets his ass whooped.. He's great to watch, but he's got the personality, mindset and integrity of an ugly lesbian... When he was first injured he could have got onto a press conference and said that he's really pissed off because he's been out of the game, and he knew his fans have missed him and he's wanted to come back and show what he's made of again, but then this tragic injury to postpone it, but he'll get himself right and be back better than ever....

But no... All we get is a "word from the Mayweather camp is he's hurt his back"..... Don't the million fans who pay good money to see these guys fight deserve a little more back from the fighters they support..... Money Mayweather would have no Money if it was for the boxing public....
    I would say this is another thing that I hate about boxing, but it's not because their are plenty of good fighters out there who do it for their fans as much as anything and you know if they are injured, they are injured.. You know if they are going to take a fight, they are going to make it the most challenging one they can find and satan himself will have to strike him down with in injury before he will postpone a fight....

To think that some fighters fake injuries... And if this isn't a fake injury, it would have been simple to get that across.. But they don't even bother with that....

It should be Floyd "Drama" Mayweather.... Fuck his money...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just training at an amateur level we have people getting hurt all the time, I don't see why it isn't plausible that Mayweather was legitimately hurt, and I also peg him as the type of guy who wouldn't come into the ring with a disadvantage in training, especially not in a relatively large fight like this where he could potentially get humiliated.

Also he bruised the cartillege in his ribs, that is something that can be verified, and can be very painful. Rib injuries aren't like hand injuries, you can't rotate your body, you can't breathe properly, core injuries affect your performance a lot more.

How many times have we seen Mayweather postpone? To my knowledge there are no times that he has postponed, but he is coming back from retirement which is often when you get injured, is getting back into the game, How is Marquez an easy return fight after 2 years? He's the second best fighter on the planet unless you include Mayweather. He's fast, accurate, tough, and he's been taking out guys with good chins. More than that he deals with speed well if his fights with Manny are any indication.
    Last edited by Taeth; 07-01-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye deserves plenty of money. Hey at least he was the widely (although debatable) undisputed champ of a divison, whilst Wlad won't be in the fans minds until he beats the number #2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Cobra View Post
    Haye deserves plenty of money. Hey at least he was the widely (although debatable) undisputed champ of a divison, whilst Wlad won't be in the fans minds until he beats the number #2.
    Wlad is the undisputed champ, only his brother is the real question mark, but Wlad has been the number heavyweight for a few years now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Just training at an amateur level we have people getting hurt all the time, I don't see why it isn't plausible that Mayweather was legitimately hurt, and I also peg him as the type of guy who wouldn't come into the ring with a disadvantage in training, especially not in a relatively large fight like this where he could potentially get humiliated.

Also he bruised the cartillege in his ribs, that is something that can be verified, and can be very painful. Rib injuries aren't like hand injuries, you can't rotate your body, you can't breathe properly, core injuries affect your performance a lot more.

How many times have we seen Mayweather postpone? To my knowledge there are no times that he has postponed, but he is coming back from retirement which is often when you get injured, is getting back into the game, How is Marquez an easy return fight after 2 years? He's the second best fighter on the planet unless you include Mayweather. He's fast, accurate, tough, and he's been taking out guys with good chins. More than that he deals with speed well if his fights with Manny are any indication.

I think it's very plausible that he would get injured.. And no matter how much a warrior fighter someone is, we shouldn't expect them to carry an injury into a fight that could hinder their performance...

I think it's just the way their "camps" handle the injuries towards the public... It only just scrapes past rumour status by having one person confirm the rumour,,,, then immediately we have a HUGE fight with question marks all over it.. Because of a one line rumour that has now been confirmed... Then we have more rumours start about whether the injury is real, is it because of ticket sales etc etc... If the injury is handled correctly towards the media/public, there would be no speculation about anything else, and we wouldn't even have a tread like this..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

About trusting; If it happens once, it can be a mistake or coincidence. If it happens twice 99 times out of 100 it was on purpose. If it happens a third time it was a deliberate act.

What makes the injury more suspect is the fact that many were saying ticket sale were down and it would be a bigger ticket gate and PPV if the fight were held on Sept 19 before the injury occured. Then it just so happened that an unconfirmable injury happens that takes two months for Mayweather to get back on track. Add my eariler post and the fact Mayweather is obviously lying low and one could things sum up.

Yes, his injury is plausible otherwise we'd be hearing a lawsuit coming out of JMM's camp. Proof is a lot harder to come by than supposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

About trusting; If it happens once, it can be a mistake or coincidence. If it happens twice 99 times out of 100 it was on purpose. If it happens a third time it was a deliberate act.

What makes the injury more suspect is the fact that many were saying ticket sale were down and it would be a bigger ticket gate and PPV if the fight were held on Sept 19 before the injury occured. Then it just so happened that an unconfirmable injury happens that takes two months for Mayweather to get back on track. Add my eariler post and the fact Mayweather is obviously lying low and one could things sum up.

Yes, his injury is plausible otherwise we'd be hearing a lawsuit coming out of JMM's camp. Proof is a lot harder to come by than supposition.
    Actually, the normal reaction to a postposed fight is a complaint by the healthy or ready fighter. Here I am training to reach a peak during fight week only to be told that the fight will be postponed. I would have at least complained or at least expressed my dissapointment to the media. But all we got from the Marquez camp is silence. Why? Even if the injury was legitimate you should have have heard from the Marquez camp. All we got was silence. Why?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    He never had an injury we all know why it was moved to September so why do they make up this bullshit? It's pathetic.

That goes for Haye and his people too, the money was not there and all of a sudden "Oh shit, my back"

Give us some respect and tell the truth, we pay to fucking watch you.
    The state of this great sport in the modern era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was Robert Gorman. An Irish LIGHTWEIGHT AMATUER fighter who gave Floyd the rib injury. That's really a bad omen for team Mayweather.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN SENSATION View Post
    It was Robert Gorman. An Irish LIGHTWEIGHT AMATUER fighter who gave Floyd the rib injury. That's really a bad omen for team Mayweather.
    Can you back that up with a link ? because i hear alot of rumor's about sparring sessions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN SENSATION View Post
    Can you back that up with a link ? because i hear alot of rumor's about sparring sessions.
    x2

Thread Information