Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Shane Mosely the greatest ever?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Shane Mosely the greatest ever?

Of course not! WW and VF and Cotto beat him so what does that mean?

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richard (mossley) View Post
    Mosely makes my top 1000, just behind Martin Rogan. He was 1 second away from humiliation against Mayorga
    Yes, because the way people view him should be based upon one fight.

Yeah 1 fight that he won by sensational KO and was a mile ahead on points anyway. I dont think he has a point .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richard (mossley) View Post
    Mosely makes my top 1000, just behind Martin Rogan. He was 1 second away from humiliation against Mayorga

Yeah 1 fight that he won by sensational KO and was a mile ahead on points anyway. I dont think he has a point .
    what fight were you watching? the Mayorga fight was close until the sensational KO, the fact that the fight was so close and for Mosley to not let it go to the cards at the very last second was what made it such a good knockout, i had Mosley ahead by one round, two at most going into the 12th, hardly a mile ahead, the official scores were judge: Tony Crebs 107-102 | judge: Pat Russell 104-105 | judge: Nelson Vazquez 105-104
    in favor of Shane, and IMO 107-102 is pretty ludicrous

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

what fight were you watching? the Mayorga fight was close until the sensational KO, the fact that the fight was so close and for Mosley to not let it go to the cards at the very last second was what made it such a good knockout, i had Mosley ahead by one round, two at most going into the 12th, hardly a mile ahead, the official scores were judge: Tony Crebs 107-102 | judge: Pat Russell 104-105 | judge: Nelson Vazquez 105-104
    I personally didn't think it was as close as some people thought, Ricardo Mayorga landed hardly any clean blows. I had Shane Mosley comfortably ahead.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I personally didn't think it was as close as some people thought, Ricardo Mayorga landed hardly any clean blows. I had Shane Mosley comfortably ahead.
    but he was smothering a lot of Mosley's shots and also stopping his momentum, IMO it wasn't pretty but Mayorga was being effective, and even if Mosley was well ahead, his performance was hardly as impressive than DLH's and Trinidad's against Mayorga, many believed Mayorga had nothing left prior to the Mosley fight, it came out that it wasn't so

ICB Guest

but he was smothering a lot of Mosley's shots and also stopping his momentum, IMO it wasn't pretty but Mayorga was being effective, and even if Mosley was well ahead, his performance was hardly as impressive than DLH's and Trinidad's against Mayorga, many believed Mayorga had nothing left prior to the Mosley fight, it came out that it wasn't so
    I agree i wasn't impressed with Shane Mosley against Ricardo Mayorga either, he only looked good in spurts. Infact i haven't been impressed with Shane Mosley in quite awhile, were not even sure how good Antonio Margarito is without the handwraps.

Even against Luis Collazo he was losing until Luis Collazo broke his hand, which changed the momentum of the fight. I just think people are overrating Shane Mosley lately, i don't think he's been at his best since 2001.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree i wasn't impressed with Shane Mosley against Ricardo Mayorga either, he only looked good in spurts. Infact i haven't been impressed with Shane Mosley in quite awhile, were not even sure how good Antonio Margarito is without the handwraps.

Even against Luis Collazo he was losing until Luis Collazo broke his hand, which changed the momentum of the fight. I just think people are overrating Shane Mosley lately, i don't think he's been at his best since 2001.
    well i thought he looked impressive against Margarito, he was throwing bombs the full fight, his stamina was amazing, and speed and punches still looked very sharp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then Shane knocks out an ironed chinned top Welter 7/8 years later in dominant fashion. That's pretty good going.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

Then Shane knocks out an ironed chinned top Welter 7/8 years later in dominant fashion. That's pretty good going.
    The thing is though how good is Antonio Margarito ? i think he's pretty ordinary to be honest except his chin and workrate. But what made him more devastating was his supposedly thudding power, but when he didn't have the handwraps where was all that thudding power ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is though how good is Antonio Margarito ? i think he's pretty ordinary to be honest except his chin and workrate. But what made him more devastating was his supposedly thudding power, but when he didn't have the handwraps where was all that thudding power ?
    don't think that the wraps would have made much of a difference, he didn't land much on Shane, so the wraps didn't really matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't think that the wraps would have made much of a difference, he didn't land much on Shane, so the wraps didn't really matter
    yep. Margarito is made for shane mosley. he doesnt have good skill he couldnt even clinch when he was hurt he has 0 defense. he basically was a punching bag. but it was a good win.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't Collazo break his hand in the 2nd or 3rd round?

ICB Guest

I think so can't remember exactly what round, but if i remember rightly it was his left hand aswell. Which was his best weapon, and i thought he was winning the fight up until that point. That clearly had an effect on the fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think so can't remember exactly what round, but if i remember rightly it was his left hand aswell. Which was his best weapon, and i thought he was winning the fight up until that point. That clearly had an effect on the fight.
    Either way, I think it's far too small a sample to predict what would've happened in the rest of the fight. It's been a while since I've seen the fight, but I believe that I had the fighters splitting the first two rounds. After that, Mosley dominated.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is quality spam by Bilbo.

Thread Information