Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has the better boxing future? Khan or Ortiz?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Who has the better boxing future? Khan or Ortiz?

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Wow I didn't know that Morales is a possible opponent for Khan.

What I see in Khans future is that he outpoints Kotelnik for the WBA belt, fights Morales at 140 then fights Hatton late in 2010 at which time Ricky will be 32 and even worse than right now, possibly fights Pacman in '12 when Pacman is 34 and doesn't have the reflexes or speed anymore and maybe a future fight with Mayweather in '13 when Floyd will be 36 and needs money and doesn't have the speed and reflexes anymore. Then Khan will pronounce that he beat so many top legends and will be known as one of the all time greats.

Khan has a bright future indeed, but he has to get past Kotlenick, which I think he should be able to. Warren is a shrewd man.
    I hope your joking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people are overstating Khan's chin's. If you look at Khan and Ortiz its clear who the more gifted one is. Khan is more technical and much quicker. Khan is more athletic. I thought Ortiz was the more durable one but now that is very questionable. To me Ortiz has shown me nothing to agree with the hype. At least Khan has the boxing skills that show promise. Ortiz looks ordinary to me and very predictable. He is not very fast, strong, technical, athletic, or durable. He is about average or a cut above in all those categories. He obviously doesn't have a granite chin so he will have to do something different. Unless he models his game off BHop, a very rare breed, I don't think he will be better than Khan and I just can't see why DLH has such high hopes for Ortiz. He thinks Ortiz will be beyond elite. I don't see him even reaching elite status. Those waters are a lot deeper than what Maidana is at this point. So he better do a lot of digging deep in his time off. Khan may reach elite. He at least has the better tools to do so.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Heart is an illusion that boxing fans use as a reason to praise or diss a fighter. If a fighter quits on his stool he has no heart yet then they go on to have a war its all forgotten.

Vitali was called heartless, Wladimer was called heartless and unable to bend to pressure. All was forgotten when Vitali went tooth and nail with Lennox Lewis.

I agree with Ortiz that he shouldnt be taking punches like that, he is a boxer puncher, not a slugger, he has the boxing skills to not be dragged into wars like that. I think thats what he meant and i completely agree
    If he had the boxing skills to change the fight he lacked the bottle/heart to try. So either way he quit through a lack of bottle/heart.

He admitted he quit because he got scared of the punishment.

I'm sure there are dozens of examples of fighters quitting but they try and disguise it and certainly don't admit it afterwards.

Good for Ortiz for not bullshitting, i guess.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz. He can be dropped and he'll get up. Con can't. That punch in the first round that dropped Ortiz. Con don't get up from that

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Ortiz. He can be dropped and he'll get up. Con can't. That punch in the first round that dropped Ortiz. Con don't get up from that
    Wouldn't bet on it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Wouldn't bet on it.
    He's gotten up so far. Can't say the same about Con

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Wouldn't bet on it.
    Khan got up too actually.

Now Ortiz has shown he can be scared out of a fight expect him to sit out any future floorings. That's if he even gets in the ring, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.. Limond knocked him down and he got up. Gomez knocked him down and he got up, and he took a beating in a round and survived it without quitting. Not to mention he (Barely) got up from those first bombs from Prescott. Now.. the only time he has been knocked out, those punches would of easily knocked out Ortiz too.

But.. it's a tough arguement. Hopefully we see a Khan vs Ortiz matchup made which will easily put this arguement to bed. But I really do think Khan's chin is underestimated at times.. I mean Limond is a light puncher yeah, but Khan was young and not very muscular at the time. His neck was thin and as most of you know it's the neck which absorbs most of the impact of a punch... so in return to Dr.Steelhammers post, yes a weak chin can be fixed.. you simply bulk up the muscle on your neck. I hope Kotelnik lands some big punches on Khan and he takes them, although I wouldn't be suprised if Khan took flush shots from Tyson and stayed on his feet, and STILL got called glass jaw.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyUK View Post
    Lol.. Limond knocked him down and he got up. Gomez knocked him down and he got up, and he took a beating in a round and survived it without quitting. Not to mention he (Barely) got up from those first bombs from Prescott. Now.. the only time he has been knocked out, those punches would of easily knocked out Ortiz too.

But.. it's a tough arguement. Hopefully we see a Khan vs Ortiz matchup made which will easily put this arguement to bed. But I really do think Khan's chin is underestimated at times.. I mean Limond is a light puncher yeah, but Khan was young and not very muscular at the time. His neck was thin and as most of you know it's the neck which absorbs most of the impact of a punch... so in return to Dr.Steelhammers post, yes a weak chin can be fixed.. you simply bulk up the muscle on your neck. I hope Kotelnik lands some big punches on Khan and he takes them, although I wouldn't be suprised if Khan took flush shots from Tyson and stayed on his feet, and STILL got called glass jaw.
    The no-punching Limond and the shot to hell Gomez had no buisness knocking him down. The punch that dropped Ortiz in the first round. Con would not get up from that continue fighting

ICB Guest

Agreed Willie Limond has only stopped one opponent with a winning record, and he had Amir Khan worringly all over the place. And Michael Gomez was moving up in weight and is a shot fighter, plus he is only a decent puncher, and he not only put Amir Khan down he hurt him badly with a body shot.

Marcos Rene Maidana is a true puncher, 25 KO's out of 26 wins, the brutal right hand shot i think it was, that put Victor Ortiz heavily down would of layed out Amir Khan. I actually think if they were to ever fight, i could see another Breidis Prescott happening.

Thread Information