Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tapia in jail once again...

Former champ Johnny Tapia jailed for violating parole - ESPN

as much as i hope that he finally manages to turn his life around for good, with all his on again off again drug use, and other personal probs, i don't see Tapia's life ending in anything but a tragedy, and it's a damn shame, the poor man has lived through so much, and managed to rise above it all, yet whatever personal demons he has tend to keep him from being truely happy, however i still hope for the best

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tapia in jail once again...

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

as much as i hope that he finally manages to turn his life around for good, with all his on again off again drug use, and other personal probs, i don't see Tapia's life ending in anything but a tragedy, and it's a damn shame, the poor man has lived through so much, and managed to rise above it all, yet whatever personal demons he has tend to keep him from being truely happy, however i still hope for the best
    Hate to say it but have to agree with a bad ending.One of the better fighters and talents to come along in some time but man......the turmoil and raw pure emotion he has always displayed is jaw dropping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the bad sh!t someone can go through withstanding, at some point in your life you have to start taking accountability, especially when you have children. Tapia getting arrested is starting to get old.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Hate to say it but have to agree with a bad ending.One of the better fighters and talents to come along in some time but man......the turmoil and raw pure emotion he has always displayed is jaw dropping.
    I love Johnny Tapia i've been watching his fights for quite sometime now, one of the few real great come forward fights. Who could make you miss with great upper bodymovement, a treat to watch was Johnny Tapia i wish him well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tapia sort of reminds me of Tony Ayala, but at least he fullfilled some of his potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's going back to prison, not just a local police jail cell if he violated a parole. Is there any 3 strikes law in New Mexico?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

I love Johnny Tapia i've been watching his fights for quite sometime now, one of the few real great come forward fights. Who could make you miss with great upper bodymovement, a treat to watch was Johnny Tapia i wish him well.
    He wore it all on the sleeve.Your right on pressure but equal defense.Had great hand speed and good feet but always shining over was his intensity....could not watch him and sit still .He was possessed in the fight with Martinez.

You ever see his fight with Medina?Thought Medina was out right robbed......Hope he gets it together but has not really lived any other way.Without boxing I think he has a huge hole in his chest,a void.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 07-08-2009 at 01:39 AM.

Thread Information