Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You stay classy Brock Lesnar

I thought Lesner was just hyped up , he lost it. But personally i dont give a crap what he says before or after his fights , all i know is he is one big mutha fucka , who will take some beating.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I thought Lesner was just hyped up , he lost it. But personally i dont give a crap what he says before or after his fights , all i know is he is one big mutha fucka , who will take some beating.

That's true; he is a big, solid, athletic, scary genetic mutant. They say he is a big deer hunter. I wonder if he shoots them or just ambushes them from the top of a tree and breaks their necks?

Oh and this is for you Lyle. I might use it for my sig; though no disrespect to the Brits on here in any way; most of you are top notch.

Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Legion I owe you some rep for that one. F@cking classic
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew Lyle would finally come around. MMA is entertaining for the most part. It doesn't replace boxing but it's a great addition for fight fans.

As far as Brock. Agreed on all counts. He made an ass of himself and even seemed to be performing like a pro wrestler, he took the mike from the announcer, kind of strutted around and interacted with the fans..... so WWF.

As for the fights. Good card, should have shown the prelims, at least on the replay part. But overall, UFC always has a great production, they keep the time between fights short, and keep the action flowing. They have the production end down and have an edge in that department from boxing shows. It's easier when you control the whole show as for boxing it's different promoters, etc. Just the tv crews are the only continuity from HBO, SHO etc.

Bisping getting sparked was classic. I kind of liked Bisping before this seasons show. He really came off badly in that show for me. I wanted him to lose just cause he was an ass. Henderson is amazing, fought everyone and won or did well in losing. Just a class act and tough s.o.b.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Yeah brock was a dick, i was kinda hoping hed get submitted. As for henderson, that follow up punch wasnt illegal and ive seen heaps of guys do it after a ko. Maybe not that big, but ive seen guys continue to pummel guys who are out cold until the ref stops them.

I think it's mostly an adrenalin thing. Henderson was just following through with that one and he said he knew he was out but, I doubt he really knew until the ref stopped him. You can't tell if someone is out while there still falling, and you could see he was surprised when Bisping was falling, he just pounced on him and followed up.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Yeah brock was a dick, i was kinda hoping hed get submitted. As for henderson, that follow up punch wasnt illegal and ive seen heaps of guys do it after a ko. Maybe not that big, but ive seen guys continue to pummel guys who are out cold until the ref stops them.

I think it's mostly an adrenalin thing. Henderson was just following through with that one and he said he knew he was out but, I doubt he really knew until the ref stopped him. You can't tell if someone is out while there still falling, and you could see he was surprised when Bisping was falling, he just pounced on him and followed up.

That's what I was telling my girlfriend; who thought it was barbaric to do that to Bisping{or anyone}. But you never know; he's put enough lights out with that right, and he must have known he made a solid connection on Bisping, so maybe he did know he was out Either way it was legal.

Bisping's post fight interview was funny; he was eating humble pie and said he was outclassed
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh he knew he was out....and it was still legal and very awesome
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post
    I knew Lyle would finally come around.
    I have respect for 2 fighters....maybe 3, never seen Silva fight so I can't say much about him, but as long as guys like Brock Lesnar, Dana White, and Joe Rogan are associated with the UFC, it's more than likely I'll still be poking fun of MMA.....they still use foot stomping, that is soooooo lame.

Seems to me Brock Lesnar looks like the type of guy who can dish it out, but can't take it...I think if Crocop uses the right plan he can school Lesnar easily....yes even though Crocop is washed up. Mirko has to weaken Brock's legs for the entire first round, move and kick those legs all round long, keep the distance and don't allow Brock to take him down because once he does that the fight is over. After round 1 Crocop can let a kick or 2 fly at Brock's head and hopefully his legs are too weak to dodge/block and attempt a takedown.

A couple of my friends are really into MMA, but I just don't think I'll ever be that into it or anything more than a casual fan if you could even call me that.....I do love that Bisping got KO'd, love to see the exact same thing happen to David Haye

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Lesnar was so "WWE" it was painful - did enjoy UFC 100 though
    Looking at your Bruno Av, I think Sasha Baron Cohen is kicking himself for not getting Bruno to interview Brock Lesnar.

Hopefully Crocop can bounce a kick off of that Ape's dome and drop him like the sack of shit he is.

That would be nice; though my bet is CroCop does't make it 2 minutes into round one. The guy is good at what he does but Lesnar will bury him. Even if it stayed on its feet Brock could probably knock him out with one of those anvil sized fists; chances are it goes to the ground quick and CroCop looks like he fell under a train. Fedor is the guy to beat him; chances of that happening aren't good though.

Crop cop would be a very dangerous fight for Brock in stand up but as soon as it goes to the floor I dont see it lasting very long . Brock would do to him what he did to Mir and Herrings. Wear him down with his weight .

Cro Cops recent form isnt encouraging but if it were prime Cro cop then Id pick him to beat Brock in 1 round with a head kick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Looking at your Bruno Av, I think Sasha Baron Cohen is kicking himself for not getting Bruno to interview Brock Lesnar.

Hopefully Crocop can bounce a kick off of that Ape's dome and drop him like the sack of shit he is.

That would be nice; though my bet is CroCop does't make it 2 minutes into round one. The guy is good at what he does but Lesnar will bury him. Even if it stayed on its feet Brock could probably knock him out with one of those anvil sized fists; chances are it goes to the ground quick and CroCop looks like he fell under a train. Fedor is the guy to beat him; chances of that happening aren't good though.

Crop cop would be a very dangerous fight for Brock in stand up but as soon as it goes to the floor I dont see it lasting very long . Brock would do to him what he did to Mir and Herrings. Wear him down with his weight .

Cro Cops recent form isnt encouraging but if it were prime Cro cop then Id pick him to beat Brock in 1 round with a head kick

I must be one of a few who always though CroCop was, well not so much overhyped as one dimensional and robotic. Granted his kicks are devastating but his transition into the octagon was poor at best and he seems so predictable in his approach. And if he managed somehow to kick Brock in the head I'd think hs foot would explode; that's like kicking a moving bus
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must be one of a few who always though CroCop was, well not so much overhyped as one dimensional and robotic. Granted his kicks are devastating but his transition into the octagon was poor at best and he seems so predictable in his approach. And if he managed somehow to kick Brock in the head I'd think hs foot would explode; that's like kicking a moving bus
    Bopp Sapp was even better built than Brock and Cro Cop put him away ina round.

Brock looks the type to gas just like Sapp and once the initial hype his over his career may go the same way .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock looks the type to gas just like Sapp and once the initial hype his over his career may go the same way .

That's true; got me there Sapp was a monster and I don't know how Cop could kick either one and not need a new foot But head size aside; Sapp wasn't the athlete Brock is, as far as explosiveness and speed.

I forget; what is the longest Brock has gone in a fight, now that you mention gassing? I'd definately have to think he would lose his tank before Fedor would, so the longer it goes easily the more favor has to go to Fedor's size{though Fedor will be sucking air after trying to keep that albino elephant off him} But I'd think if Fedor can stand that onslaught of the 1st round it would be his for the taking.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's true; got me there Sapp was a monster and I don't know how Cop could kick either one and not need a new foot But head size aside; Sapp wasn't the athlete Brock is, as far as explosiveness and speed.

I forget; what is the longest Brock has gone in a fight, now that you mention gassing? I'd definately have to think he would lose his tank before Fedor would, so the longer it goes easily the more favor has to go to Fedor's size{though Fedor will be sucking air after trying to keep that albino elephant off him} But I'd think if Fedor can stand that onslaught of the 1st round it would be his for the taking.
    Brock went three full rounds vs Herring but the fight I saw him gassing in was against Cotoure. That was more of a stand up fight vs a 40+ year old light heavyweight but Brock stuck at it and one of his shots landed in the end .

He is defo a better athlete that Sapp who gassed after 30 seconds when his initial rush didnt work. But Brock is more cautious in his approach . He wont go all out and once he has you pinned on the floor he will take him time. His main priority is to not let you back up . Brocks best asset is that ground and pound but Fedor is like Nogueira in that he would happliy start a fight on his back because he is so dangerous in that position and may even choose to pull guard vs Brock.

Sapp vs Lesnar would be great for half a minute
    Last edited by GAME; 07-16-2009 at 03:38 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    That follow up punch was a jail time job. A complete disgrace. Not really Henderson's fault though, it's just the nature of that "sport"

And Lyle, Hatton is a cocky Brit? You plum, i'd LOVE it if Haye spanked out your hero.. sadly it'll be the other way round
    ...well in Hatton's case it was more I liked seeing him get sparked because of his fans, unlike Bisping who did it all by himself, or when Naseem got slammed into the turnbuckle by MAB, sure Nas talked like a bad ass but when push came to shove turned out Hamed was nothing but a little b.i.t.c.h.

As for Brock Lesnar, he looks like the type of guy who doesn't appreciate getting hit, I think Crocop,(if he uses the correct strategy) can be very dangerous for Brock. Crocop isn't what he used to be but let's not get carried away with Brock he's had a couple fights and people have tried to out muscle him or get him on the gorund....it's going to take a stand up striker to beat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock went three full rounds vs Herring but the fight I saw him gassing in was against Cotoure. That was more of a stand up fight vs a 40+ year old light heavyweight but Brock stuck at it and one of his shots landed in the end .

He is defo a better athlete that Sapp who gassed after 30 seconds when his initial rush didnt work. But Brock is more cautious in his approach . He wont go all out and once he has you pinned on the floor he will take him time. His main priority is to not let you back up . Brocks best asset is that ground and pound but Fedor is like Nogueira in that he would happliy start a fight on his back because he is so dangerous in that position and may even choose to pull guard vs Brock.

Sapp vs Lesnar would be great for half a minute

Something like this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDYyv-iLmRY

And I'd still love to see Fedor/Couture.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information