Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You stay classy Brock Lesnar

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: You stay classy Brock Lesnar

...Brock seems like the type of guy you could very easily psych out of a fight. Perhaps someone should try that...hint hint Mirko

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was classless but well, the guy spent most of his life selling PPW on WWE where trash talk and creepy comments are the norm, he just has to get used to the fact that MMA is a whole different world than MacMahon's circus.
    Last edited by Nameless; 10-18-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    It was classless but well, the guy spent most of his life selling PPW on WWE were trash talk and creepy comments are the norm, he just has to get used to the fact that MMA is a whole different world than MacMahon's circus.

Agreed; old habits die har and that whole WWE circus-like atmosphere won't be disappearing anytime soon. He'll never be likable in the sense of a Couture or Mir or Nog; but some people do like it. that whole"I might even climb on top of my wife" thing was creepy; I felt sorry for her.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    It was classless but well, the guy spent most of his life selling PPW on WWE were trash talk and creepy comments are the norm, he just has to get used to the fact that MMA is a whole different world than MacMahon's circus.

Agreed; old habits die har and that whole WWE circus-like atmosphere won't be disappearing anytime soon. He'll never be likable in the sense of a Couture or Mir or Nog; but some people do like it. that whole"I might even climb on top of my wife" thing was creepy; I felt sorry for her.
    It was plainly disgusting, especially for her wife who was in attendance but I am almost certain the guy didn't mean it, he just has his brain Macmahonwashed, now he has had a reality check, a big one and I am sure he'll adjust to it... he doesn't really have the choice otherwise he'll get the boot or will be fined severely. Still... even in a WWE circus-like type of business, such comments are ... well... disgusting, especially because I have the mental image of that guy in bed with his girlfriend so smaller than him and it scares me.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame View Post
    I knew Lyle would finally come around.
    I have respect for 2 fighters....maybe 3, never seen Silva fight so I can't say much about him, but as long as guys like Brock Lesnar, Dana White, and Joe Rogan are associated with the UFC, it's more than likely I'll still be poking fun of MMA.....they still use foot stomping, that is soooooo lame.

Seems to me Brock Lesnar looks like the type of guy who can dish it out, but can't take it...I think if Crocop uses the right plan he can school Lesnar easily....yes even though Crocop is washed up. Mirko has to weaken Brock's legs for the entire first round, move and kick those legs all round long, keep the distance and don't allow Brock to take him down because once he does that the fight is over. After round 1 Crocop can let a kick or 2 fly at Brock's head and hopefully his legs are too weak to dodge/block and attempt a takedown.

A couple of my friends are really into MMA, but I just don't think I'll ever be that into it or anything more than a casual fan if you could even call me that.....I do love that Bisping got KO'd, love to see the exact same thing happen to David Haye

Gotta tell you...... if you're comparing them to Zab Judah, Mayweather clan, Don King, and Larry Merchant..........
    hmmmmmm don't know if there's a whole lot to poke fun.

Not liking people in the sport doesn't ruin the sport for me. If so there wouldn't be any I liked. Same with movies, etc. I can't stand Tom Cruise, but liked several of his movies. Hated Dion Sanders but watched tons of football games. Dennis Rodman, still watched the bulls games and celebrated there wins.

Boxing is the last sport I would pick to defend the integrity of based upon the moral character of it's stars.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

El Kabong Guest

The guys like Rogan, White, and Lesnar perpetuate an attitude that is associated with MMA...the boxing guys you mentioned aren't living the "boxing culture" because there isn't one, whereas UFC has been marketed and packaged by Dana White et al to create a MMA/UFC CULTURE, Affliction t-shirts, energy drinks, bad tattoos, GNC products, etc.....but I guess that is what being popular within the mainstream gets you.

That's just my view, but I think Floyd and Zab are more influenced by Hip Hop, Floyd's family has issues obviously, Don King is just an evil person, and Larry Merchant is a guy who is yearning for the golden years of boxing, he's not a bad person, in fact he's got more balls than Rogan who is shit scared of asking tough questions of fighters.

I do appreciate that UFC/MMA is trying to steer away from being an ATTITUDE and respect skill a bit more....that attitude will always be a part of the sport, but it doesn't need to be the first thing you see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

knowing one of Lesnar's coaches all i can say is yes someone may beat him, the path to that victory won't be easy.i hope he acts beter in the future, but i am impressed with his ground and pound. also the ufc heavy wieghts are yawn uhm boring? at least here is a guy willing to be a heel and give you something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A prime Minotauro could beat Lesnar, I'm sure of it.

Tons of athleticism, endurance, cardio and sublime jiu jitsu skills.
    Damn I wish Nog was a little less removed from his Pride days

El Kabong Guest

.....someone who can strike WILL BEAT Brock Lesnar, the key for fighters to understand is that when you hit Brock he's going to try and take you down and when that happens you side step and try and land again.

It's not going to be shocking to me when somebody beats Brock, I just want someone to have the guts to do it, right now he's getting too much respect from his opponents on account of his size and strength. Brock's chin is the chink in his armor, it's going to take someone with bravery to stand and deliver vs Brock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lesnar is a joke, Dana allowing him in the UFC drops the respect level I have for Dana even lower. Name one dojo that promoted disrespect, but then again Dana handed him a non-existing belt and an instant contract in the UFC, most guys I know had to work for that. His day will come and then everyone will forget about him.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by halfdriven View Post
    Lesnar is a joke, Dana allowing him in the UFC drops the respect level I have for Dana even lower. Name one dojo that promoted disrespect, but then again Dana handed him a non-existing belt and an instant contract in the UFC, most guys I know had to work for that. His day will come and then everyone will forget about him.
    Like Lesnar or loath him , please explain how he is a joke as a fighter ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

He's a tremendous athlete, but what UFC fighters in general need to understand is that if you punch Brock and he doesn't take it well, he's going to try to shoot you(the wrestling term not like with a gun)...that's where he's going to be vulnerable and Carwin needs to know this and bring up a knee or hook and circle out when Lesnar tries this and he'll win the fight peice of cake

Lesnar would be taken more seriously #1 had he not been in the WWE and had that mentality as opposed to the reverance for the sport and respect for opponents like GSP and Machida have #2 if he wasn't a crazy bastard with horrible tattoos

jon09 Guest

People give me a hard time for not taking MMA seriously, well I just wanted to tell everyone that I watched UFC 100 all the way through and sometimes I liked what I saw and sometimes I didn't, but I respected that these guys are fighting using methods other than Boxing. The KO of Michael Bisping was extremely fun to watch, got to suck being a British fight fan these days first Ricky Hatton gets his lights turned out, then Michael Bisping got flattened, and next David Haye . But then along comes the heavyweight fight and I remember, Brock Lesnar is everything I despise about MMA, bad tatoos (namely a sword with brass knuckles as the handle on his chest and a baboon skull with spikes sticking out on his back....quality), horrible attitude, terrible personality...but I give him the benefit of the doubt, until his post fight interview.

Memorable quotes from Fighter/Philosopher Brock Lesnar (after he gave everyone two middle fingers):

"I'm gonna go have a Kewar's(that's the way he said it, I think he meant Coors) Light, because Bud Light don't pay me nothin"

"I may climb on top of my wife later on tonight"

....after hearing that interview I fully expected Stone Cold Steve Austin, hidden in the crowd until the end of the fight, jumps into the Octagon with a folding chair and then blasts Lesnar across the face with it.

Even Dana White was pissed about Lesnar's attitude...which kind of makes Dana a huge fucking hypocrit, but anyway. I just wanted to remind you guys that personalities like Brock Lesnar that play to the lowest common denominator make me happy that I am a boxing fan....I wish Ray Mercer would KO Brock's sorry ass
    I love boxing but lets be real we have some world class douchers in our sport also. Namely Mayweather with the 12 million dollar slave contracts and calling all the fighters he beat a bunch of pu##ies while he is throwing money around. Tyson who wanted to eat Lennox Lewis's children then praising Allah afterwards. And now we have David Haye who is putting peoples severed head on T shirts then pulling out of fights afterward after all the shit talk.

El Kabong Guest

Yes but boxers lack that WWE style of delivery

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but boxers lack that WWE style of delivery
    Till somebody from WWE will start a career in Boxing and teaming up with Don King or Murrad Muhammad
    Hidden Content

Thread Information