Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You stay classy Brock Lesnar

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default You stay classy Brock Lesnar

People give me a hard time for not taking MMA seriously, well I just wanted to tell everyone that I watched UFC 100 all the way through and sometimes I liked what I saw and sometimes I didn't, but I respected that these guys are fighting using methods other than Boxing. The KO of Michael Bisping was extremely fun to watch, got to suck being a British fight fan these days first Ricky Hatton gets his lights turned out, then Michael Bisping got flattened, and next David Haye . But then along comes the heavyweight fight and I remember, Brock Lesnar is everything I despise about MMA, bad tatoos (namely a sword with brass knuckles as the handle on his chest and a baboon skull with spikes sticking out on his back....quality), horrible attitude, terrible personality...but I give him the benefit of the doubt, until his post fight interview.

Memorable quotes from Fighter/Philosopher Brock Lesnar (after he gave everyone two middle fingers):

"I'm gonna go have a Kewar's(that's the way he said it, I think he meant Coors) Light, because Bud Light don't pay me nothin"

"I may climb on top of my wife later on tonight"

....after hearing that interview I fully expected Stone Cold Steve Austin, hidden in the crowd until the end of the fight, jumps into the Octagon with a folding chair and then blasts Lesnar across the face with it.

Even Dana White was pissed about Lesnar's attitude...which kind of makes Dana a huge fucking hypocrit, but anyway. I just wanted to remind you guys that personalities like Brock Lesnar that play to the lowest common denominator make me happy that I am a boxing fan....I wish Ray Mercer would KO Brock's sorry ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You stay classy Brock Lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    People give me a hard time for not taking MMA seriously, well I just wanted to tell everyone that I watched UFC 100 all the way through and sometimes I liked what I saw and sometimes I didn't, but I respected that these guys are fighting using methods other than Boxing. The KO of Michael Bisping was extremely fun to watch, got to suck being a British fight fan these days first Ricky Hatton gets his lights turned out, then Michael Bisping got flattened, and next David Haye . But then along comes the heavyweight fight and I remember, Brock Lesnar is everything I despise about MMA, bad tatoos (namely a sword with brass knuckles as the handle on his chest and a baboon skull with spikes sticking out on his back....quality), horrible attitude, terrible personality...but I give him the benefit of the doubt, until his post fight interview.

Memorable quotes from Fighter/Philosopher Brock Lesnar (after he gave everyone two middle fingers):

"I'm gonna go have a Kewar's(that's the way he said it, I think he meant Coors) Light, because Bud Light don't pay me nothin"

....after hearing that interview I fully expected Stone Cold Steve Austin, hidden in the crowd until the end of the fight, jumps into the Octagon with a folding chair and then blasts Lesnar across the face with it.

Even Dana White was pissed about Lesnar's attitude...which kind of makes Dana a huge fucking hypocrit, but anyway. I just wanted to remind you guys that personalities like Brock Lesnar that play to the lowest common denominator make me happy that I am a boxing fan....I wish Ray Mercer would KO Brock's sorry ass

Agreed. The guy is a tool; though I guess he is going to embrace the bad boy role, but comes off being more circus sideshow in appearance than say a Floyd Mayweather type that you can still take seriously.

The card was ok; I wish for the $$$ they would show all the prelim fights as they are sometimes the best; but oh well.

And watching Bisping get almost killed was worth the $50 alone; I was doing cartwheels around the house. Way too many have taken Dan Henderson's very laid back, almost borderline slow and stupid persona, as him being a dud. Bisping got what he asked for; and though Henderson was kind of dumb to tell everyone he knew he was knocked out when he hit him again, it was still legal: unitl the ref stops you you keep fighting. I hope Bisping enjoys havng his jaw wired up like a bear trap and feeding off spoonfuls of Gerber baby food while pondering his stupidity. I always knew he was hype and made an amateurish mistake continuing to circle into that right hand. Dan hits hard The Octagon probably has a dent where Bisping's head was smashed I keep watching it over and over lmao.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

El Kabong Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLvlxjFE3NQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNO1KuwK8d4

.....God I do love when those cocky British fighters get stomped out like that

El Kabong Guest

Also, GSP's corner was HILARIOUS...very Canadian corner appreciating everything GSP did and being very nice and gentle with their comments hahaha

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lesnar was so "WWE" it was painful - did enjoy UFC 100 though
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's ironic; I used to be very much behind Bispin. He was never going to b world class; but he' solid most everywhere. It was not really so much his trash talking; 99% do it; but the way he was disrespectful to the Team USA fighters and acting more childish than they did. I had alot of respect fo Team UK and they came to fight; and were a good lesson in team "togetherness"; while the US needed therapy instead of a spot on a reality tv show; a bunch of sissy's. But Bisping turned me off and being confident is ne ting; being a jackass is another. I do hope he's ok really; but maybe next time he'll listen to his corner.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That follow up punch was a jail time job. A complete disgrace. Not really Henderson's fault though, it's just the nature of that "sport"

And Lyle, Hatton is a cocky Brit? You plum, i'd LOVE it if Haye spanked out your hero.. sadly it'll be the other way round
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a wedding I had to be at so I missed the fight. I think the important part Lyle is that not only did Lesnar get a strong scolding from White but he got booed by the fans. Most real MMA fans I know respect Brock's tremendous athleticism and his meteoric growth as a fighter, but can't stand his "persona".
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea Lesnar lost it for me with the post fight garbage. I actually, unlike many, was hoping to see him do well as I think he might make for interesting futher fights. But now, I could care less if he stepped in front of a bus tomorrow. I despise all things WWE, but atleast that is fake and acting. Well MMA isn't, and people go in there risking their life and limb with no script. But alas, he showed an utter lack of class and respect.

You can't fault a guy too much for jumping around and raising his arms after winning, I mean, the adrenaline along makes it near impossible to not be a bit over the top, but that was disgusting.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And to the contrary Frank Mir was complete class in his interview I thought
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    And to the contrary Frank Mir was complete class in his interview I thought

He always is. People say Brock gave Mir what he deserved for running his mouth; but Borck started that a looong time ago and Mir got sick of it. I don't recall Mir ever trash talking an opponent before this Lesnar fight; could be wrong.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you on everything you said, once in a while I enjoy a MMA match, but boxing will still be king in my eyes, and Muay Thai kickboxing a close 2nd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah brock was a dick, i was kinda hoping hed get submitted. As for henderson, that follow up punch wasnt illegal and ive seen heaps of guys do it after a ko. Maybe not that big, but ive seen guys continue to pummel guys who are out cold until the ref stops them.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

El Kabong Guest

Looking at your Bruno Av, I think Sasha Baron Cohen is kicking himself for not getting Bruno to interview Brock Lesnar.

Hopefully Crocop can bounce a kick off of that Ape's dome and drop him like the sack of shit he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking at your Bruno Av, I think Sasha Baron Cohen is kicking himself for not getting Bruno to interview Brock Lesnar.

Hopefully Crocop can bounce a kick off of that Ape's dome and drop him like the sack of shit he is.

That would be nice; though my bet is CroCop does't make it 2 minutes into round one. The guy is good at what he does but Lesnar will bury him. Even if it stayed on its feet Brock could probably knock him out with one of those anvil sized fists; chances are it goes to the ground quick and CroCop looks like he fell under a train. Fedor is the guy to beat him; chances of that happening aren't good though.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information