Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default khan vs prescott

if i were khan a would be wanting to fight prescott again any1 think he will ever fight prescott again and if he did do you think it would be the same outcome or does any1 think khan could win i think khan could win on points now
    ''He will not cower,he will not cry,for to be called a cur he would rather die. A cur and a fighter are not the same. A cur is a quitter,but a fighter is game''

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: khan vs prescott

Quote Originally Posted by eleven View Post
    if i were khan a would be wanting to fight prescott again any1 think he will ever fight prescott again and if he did do you think it would be the same outcome or does any1 think khan could win i think khan could win on points now
    I would like it to happen,it would be the ultimate test for Khan.I think Prescott would do another number on Khan to be honest,maybe not as fast and early as he did when their first met,but Prescott would just chase Khan down and eventually get badly tagged.
    I feel really sorry for Prescott in a way because he stole the limelight of Khans career but he never really got any publicity from it.I know he has fought once after the Khan OK,does anyone know when he next fight is??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea mate he got beat on points on friday nyt againest miguel vazquez
    ''He will not cower,he will not cry,for to be called a cur he would rather die. A cur and a fighter are not the same. A cur is a quitter,but a fighter is game''

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

n it was a sd and prescott knocked him down in the 1st

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if Preescott was still unbeaten the fight would be any closer to happening .

Ive read the headlines this morning "khan becomes king" and its laughable. He did took on a belt holder, ran all night and didnt land any power shots. If thats a sign of things to come in his career then it wont be great because Kotelnik was tailor made for him yet he didnt look great. Youd like to think that a superstar in the making would look better in their first world title fight.

All we can do is wait for Khan to get matched with a dangerous opponent . Until then continue to buy the PPVs on the offchance he gets beaten again

ICB Guest

Breidis Prescott is still a dangerous fight for him, he has the reach and the height. And obviously the power and a solid enough chin, i don't think any version of Amir Khan, could beat Breidis Prescott. Because even if he gets out of the early rounds being cautious, he will get hit sooner or later. And he won't be able to take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It aint happening. Not unless Prescott earn his own world title at jrWelter and have a unification match.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prescott's hopes of a rematch hinged on staying unbeaten or at least only losing to top opposition. I can't see it happening now

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Even if Preescott was still unbeaten the fight would be any closer to happening .

Ive read the headlines this morning "khan becomes king" and its laughable. He did took on a belt holder, ran all night and didnt land any power shots. If thats a sign of things to come in his career then it wont be great because Kotelnik was tailor made for him yet he didnt look great. Youd like to think that a superstar in the making would look better in their first world title fight.

All we can do is wait for Khan to get matched with a dangerous opponent . Until then continue to buy the PPVs on the offchance he gets beaten again

Mate have you ever stopped to think that the reason they call him 'King Khan' is because it has a nice ring to it, a bit like King Kong?

It's just a play on words really no need to get your pannies in a twist over it.

Plus he beat Kotelnik better than anybody else ever has and that considering he's fought some decent opposition like Junior Witter, Soliman MBaye and Marcus Maidana that's not bad going.

He's only 22 years old, the third youngest British World champ I believe and he's going to get better.

How many fighters are there who win their first world title by 22 years old? Whether it's a paper belt or not he's still done the business.

Calzaghe and Hatton were in their mid twenties before they got near a title shot.

Khan turned pro very young, much younger than most and it's taken him some time to find his feet. But his last three fights have been incredibly impressive. He's not put a foot wrong.

Roach will mould him into something special.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know the kid has gotten a lot of shot from everyone but I'm willing to give the kid a break. A great or sucessful fighter isn't always undefeated, and I think he's learning each fight and think he would easily dodge prescotts bombs and outbox him easy. It ain't all bout the chin it's about not getting hit in it. If a chin was all it took margo would be undefeatd and not need to cheat. Better khan lost early then in a title fight down the road. I still say Paul williams loosing was the worst thing that could happen for any of his future opponets
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would favor Khan in a rematch against prescott.....I think Prescott got somewhat lucky in that first fight. I think Khan would take him to a decision in a rematch.

Breidis has terrible technique and doesnt throw straight punches. He also seems to have stamina issues and gets frustrated easy in fights....I also think his power is overrated cause of the Khan fight....

Khan seems to have good stamina, and the ability to punch and move for 12 rounds so I think he can stay away from prescott and get a decision (it wont be pretty and we will hear boos).

I am not saying Khan is that good, I am saying prescott is that bad from what I have seen in his last few fights.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes no paul williams. Yeah i actually think kahn would beat him as long as prescott never landed one punch on his chin or general head area. So no (we tried to make the fight but he doesnt want it) these excuses will no doubt be used as they were for murray thaxton and others. Paper champ with a paper chin.
    A right hand can take you round the block, A jab round the world.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

Mate have you ever stopped to think that the reason they call him 'King Khan' is because it has a nice ring to it, a bit like King Kong?

It's just a play on words really no need to get your pannies in a twist over it.

Plus he beat Kotelnik better than anybody else ever has and that considering he's fought some decent opposition like Junior Witter, Soliman MBaye and Marcus Maidana that's not bad going.

He's only 22 years old, the third youngest British World champ I believe and he's going to get better.

How many fighters are there who win their first world title by 22 years old? Whether it's a paper belt or not he's still done the business.

Calzaghe and Hatton were in their mid twenties before they got near a title shot.

Khan turned pro very young, much younger than most and it's taken him some time to find his feet. But his last three fights have been incredibly impressive. He's not put a foot wrong.

Roach will mould him into something special.

They didnt call him king khan they said khan becomes king. Totally different. I think you misunderstood

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think now is the time to do it. Khan coming off a "big win" winning a title and Prescott coming off a loss. He will at least have a slight advantage going into the ring. One of the reasons I don't care for him. Spouting off at the mouth about about his recent victories but not about avenging his devastating loss. If he did that and won, I still wouldn't like him but then I would just be a bitter asshole

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its a risk/reward case now that he has claimed a trinket.Prescott off his loss last night brings little to the table save for Khans thirst for revenging that nasty blemish.Khan has passed that disaster but it may rightfully leave many lingering doubts if its left unaddressed.I think Prescott can be out maneuvered and out boxed ...if not by Khan than by someone else.

Thread Information