Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: How far does Cintron fall?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • 1 spot to 5th

8 100.00%
  • 2 spot to 6th

0 0%
  • 3 spots to 7th

0 0%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Super-Middleweight/Middleweight/Light Middleweight Threads

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Old Super-Middleweight/Middleweight/Light-Middleweight Threads

Removed from 160 ratings & enters pool at 168

Put into the pool at 160 & 168

Remains ranked at 160 & enters the pool at 168

Enters 168 when he fights there
    Last edited by Galaxy; 07-22-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arthur Abrahams ranking

I voted for him to be removed from 160 and put in the pool at 160. With his weight problems I don't see any way he comes back down in weight, especially considering he's signed on for at least three fights at SMW. I will wish Arum would've put Pavlik in with him at 160, because that fight has all the making of a classic.

PS. This board fucking rules.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AA has stated if I recall correctly he will be unable to make 160 anymore.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should go in the pool a 168. He's never fighting at 160 again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I voted for him to be removed from 160 and put in the pool at 160. With his weight problems I don't see any way he comes back down in weight, especially considering he's signed on for at least three fights at SMW. I will wish Arum would've put Pavlik in with him at 160, because that fight has all the making of a classic.

I know he's signed on for these 168 fights but I'm sure there's an out clause if a bigger money fight comes along. I could see him returning to 160 if the Pavlik fight was dangled in front of him. Thats what really swayed my vote...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

I know he's signed on for these 168 fights but I'm sure there's an out clause if a bigger money fight comes along. I could see him returning to 160 if the Pavlik fight was dangled in front of him. Thats what really swayed my vote...
    I really doubt it, his promoter Sauerland was the key part of the Showtime deal & took on Kessler for it. Pavlik wasn't keen to fight him anyway, & I actually think this is now bigger. Combined with everything else, I'm certain that he won't be going back down. Like I said in the other thread we need to keep this fresh, it didn't look good Valero being ranked in a division he'd long made it clear he had no interest in for so long.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I really doubt it, his promoter Sauerland was the key part of the Showtime deal & took on Kessler for it. Pavlik wasn't keen to fight him anyway, & I actually think this is now bigger. Combined with everything else, I'm certain that he won't be going back down. Like I said in the other thread we need to keep this fresh, it didn't look good Valero being ranked in a division he'd long made it clear he had no interest in for so long.
    Your probably right, but stranger things have happened & its not beyond possibility. Maybe if a fighter makes it clear that they are going to campaign at another weight e.g. Campbell, Vasquez, Abraham, we keep them ranked for 4-6 months? from the time of their last fight at that weight before removing them.

Also if Abraham remained ranked at 160 it would not effect the chance for a champion to be crowned as Pavlik could fight anyone in the top 5 & it could qualify as a championship fight if the committee voted for it

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik (Arum really) was never going to make the Abraham fight happen, at least until he was a complete corpse at 160, which he was well on his way to becoming. I don't think he ever moves back down.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Paul Williams for vacant 8th spot at 160

I'd like to propose that Williams fills the vacant 8th spot at 160. We have too many vacancies at that weight & with his dominating win over Winky Wright, I feel he's the most obvious candidate to take one of the spots.

Any other suggestions are welcome but we need to take care of some of these vacancies, but at the moment there's very few fights being made at 160 to do so.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul Williams for vacant 8th spot at 160

I agree. I also think Macklin's upcoming fight in August should fill another spot, but Williams should definitely but ranked ahead!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who fills vacant 10th spot at Light-Middleweight?

Pick who you feel deserves the spot the most from the options out of the pool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who fills vacant 10th spot at Light-Middleweight?

I'm going with some new blood in Martirosyan, for me it was a hard choice between Vanes, Latimore & Moore.

I mean Latimore more or least fought to a standstill with Spinks, Moore has been on an impressive run & its arguable that Martirosyan has a better record than Arguello had (who fought Cintron in a qualifier for the vacant 10th spot at the time) & has a win over Billy Lyell who recently defeated Duddy...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going with some new blood in Martirosyan, for me it was a hard choice between Vanes, Latimore & Moore.

I mean Latimore more or least fought to a standstill with Spinks, Moore has been on an impressive run & its arguable that Martirosyan has a better record than Arguello had (who fought Cintron in a qualifier for the vacant 10th spot at the time) & has a win over Billy Lyell who recently defeated Duddy...
    Well argued, I support the Vanes argument
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess you meant Angulo

I haven't been too impressed by him personally although the Hernandez win was very good. It was tough between Moore & Latimore for me, gave it to Moore just because he's kept winning against difficult opposition

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I guess you meant Angulo

I haven't been too impressed by him personally although the Hernandez win was very good. It was tough between Moore & Latimore for me, gave it to Moore just because he's kept winning against difficult opposition
    I think Latimore needs to learn a few more tricks to get up there in the top 10, his fundamentals, conditioning and consistency are all there, he's just not quite there yet. I have no doubt that he will be.

Thread Information